Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Squeeky did it. Whatever it is, Squeeky did it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-14, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Falcon_br
Captain

Re: Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations

When I tested the sabs-13 (or name near that), I couldn't find the compensator, I was really scared they have removed it from the game!
I was also surprise to see that the under barrel shotgun can be one shot kill weapon! Need to confirm that with a website because the VR training rooms are too crowded and I could be wrong.
Also, it looks like the semi auto shotguns are better them the full auto ones, but both are still a joke when you use a pump action, because this game got the fastest pump action firing shotgun ever! It is almost the same rate of fire of the semi auto if you place in account the time to compensate the recoil.
Also slugs wasn't working for the pump action shotguns with me, and the normal ones it were the same number of shots to kill with slugs and buckshot, so I don't see a real advantage to use buck is you are good at aiming at close and moving targets.
Old 2013-03-15, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Figment View Post

- SMGs are FAR more accurate when hipfiring than expected and at ranges I would not have expected a SMG to hit the broadside of a barn, let alone using hipfire to fire at units at long range. (Compared to the standard LA weapon for instance, its killing potential feels epic and damage drop-off not noteworthy enough to warrant calling it a CQC weapon).
After 20 meters the damage drop of is severe.
I dont understand how you would not notice this in VR testing.

They are wonderful inside 20 meters but at 40 or 50 meters they are pathetic compared to most carbines.

- Shotguns with slugs need to be recategorised as sniper rifles. Could one, two and three shot people depending on own aim at ranges where I'm having trouble with sniper rifles at times. Why don't these things have damage drop-off or such high spread they're absolutely useless beyond 20-30m and thus only good for CQC?
Have you ever tried them in battle?
Where targets actually move? They travel super slow and are mostly only good for shooting peaple standing still like afks and those in the map screen beyond 50 or 60 yards(it is fun to snipe AFKs but its not a full time job.).

In the 20-60 meter range they are a good choice though.

But once again I have serious doubts about your testing ability if you feel they did better than the semi-auto sniper rifles at range.

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2013-03-15 at 12:14 AM.
Old 2013-03-15, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post

Have you ever tried them in battle?
Where targets actually move? They travel super slow and are mostly only good for shooting peaple standing still like afks and those in the map screen beyond 50 or 60 yards(it is fun to snipe AFKs but its not a full time job.).

In the 20-60 meter range they are a good choice though.

This is the danger with the VR, it's not realistic in that your targets stand still ands you may get the wrong idea.

However ... I'm not complaining that it's there. Better in than out as they say..

** I quite liked the Rhino for the TR HA. The recoil seemed easier to handle than on the Carv

Last edited by ringring; 2013-03-15 at 06:41 AM.
Old 2013-03-15, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
This is the danger with the VR, it's not realistic in that your targets stand still ands you may get the wrong idea.
Not at all. A standing still target at 100+ meters shouldn't be hit by a shotgun period. Let alone to the point where enough pellets hit to instagib.

It shouldn't even be an optional luck shot.

Beyond 20m, SMGs and shotguns should be pisspoor. From what I've seen, they are in fact, better than LMGs at most normal combat ranges. Because you're going to miss more shots with the other guns even if you point as accurately.

Last edited by Figment; 2013-03-15 at 06:50 AM.
Old 2013-03-15, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
CasualCat
Corporal

By definition a slug isn't going to have spread because it isn't shot/pellets.

Unless you mean COF?

Will do some shot pattern testing after work.

Some initial testing (don't have time to edit the video now) assuming the max range for the paper targets is 50m is that the largest magazine shotgun with extended magazine would score enough hits to kill if the magazine is emptied. That is of course a sample size of 1.

Are the paper target lanes 50m?

Last edited by CasualCat; 2013-03-15 at 08:12 AM.
Old 2013-03-15, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Ruzy View Post
After lots of testing, I really really wish that I had gone VS instead of TR way back when. I like all of their guns more, and I like all of their vehicles more. Still not sure I could live with the color scheme though...
As a heterosexual red-blooded male, I agree.

Don't listen to people telling you that it's people who are "really secure in their sexuality" that embrace pink and purple.

Those people just want to stick it in your pooper.
Old 2013-03-15, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
And just how brutal TR HA guns are.
Oh TR guns are powerful eh? Where's my 200 dmg completely verticle recoil Compensator AND Adv forward grip LMG? I'd like to see that in my arsenal.
Old 2013-03-15, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

As for the SMGs, their hip fire cone is really small, and they have relatively little to no bloom when holding down the trigger. Throw an adv laser on the larger mag one, and proceed to rape face.
Old 2013-03-15, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Twido
Private

Originally Posted by Ruzy View Post
After lots of testing, I really really wish that I had gone VS instead of TR way back when. I like all of their guns more, and I like all of their vehicles more. Still not sure I could live with the color scheme though...
Although I don't regret choosing TR, I also found that the VS seemed to match my play style better. Please don't misinterpret that as thinking they are OP though. Nearly all the guns are pretty damn good and I am getting better at handling the recoil.
Old 2013-03-15, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Mietz
First Sergeant

My revelation was that SMGs are ridiculously powerful compared to other guns.

The stability and lack of recoil is amazing, they become far more accurate than anything else and the ROF off-sets their lower damage output.

Also BA rifles for snipers are really good and fun to use, far more consistency than semi auto.
Old 2013-03-15, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Dragonskin
Major

Not at all. A standing still target at 100+ meters shouldn't be hit by a shotgun period. Let alone to the point where enough pellets hit to instagib.

Beyond 20m, SMGs and shotguns should be pisspoor. From what I've seen, they are in fact, better than LMGs at most normal combat ranges. Because you're going to miss more shots with the other guns even if you point as accurately.
You're making this sound like you don't understand what a slug round is. It's basically a really big bullet... fired from a shotgun which has more gun powder than normal bullets.

Btw he is accurately hitting a target at 210m.

I know real life doesn't equal video games... but here is what a real slug is like in the real world.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-03-15 at 08:11 AM.
Old 2013-03-15, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Do you even know that slugs are one of the worst weapon in the game under 20 yards?
By design they make shotguns work more or less like battle rifles. They have slower bullet travel than a battle rifle and do about modestly more damage.

With slugs shot guns are the opposite of what they are with pellets.

Really - try playing the game.
Old 2013-03-15, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
After 20 meters the damage drop of is severe.
I dont understand how you would not notice this in VR testing.

They are wonderful inside 20 meters but at 40 or 50 meters they are pathetic compared to most carbines.
Try that again, the Hailstorm with adv laser was eating bots at 50+ meters.. I was shocked at how OP the hipfire was.

To falcon, the SABR13 is missing its Compensator. There are a number of guns missing attachments like the T1 Cycler missing all the reflex sights

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-15, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

The TR Uppercut shotgun with slugs hits like the fist of an angry god....The battle rifle, while really fun to shoot, is extremely underwhelming, makes a great "range toy". I think they may have stealth buffed the TR anti vehicle Pounder for the MAX.
Old 2013-03-15, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Try that again, the Hailstorm with adv laser was eating bots at 50+ meters.. I was shocked at how OP the hipfire was.

To falcon, the SABR13 is missing its Compensator. There are a number of guns missing attachments like the T1 Cycler missing all the reflex sights
Using the NC guns that was not my experience at 50 yards.

Its hard to do a controlled count though because the VR is so full of people.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion