What I imagined with regards to tunnels and spawnrooms and generators... - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you see black and red, you're already dead.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-12, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Re: What I imagined with regards to tunnels and spawnrooms and generators...

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Because who ever is in there is already outnumbered. It's their last stand in their base. They have nowhere left to hide and once down, it's over. There is no need to expedite the flushing out process.

At most the painfield should weaken a little bit.

More importantly, you don't want enemies to hang around inside the tube area and camp there if the defenders want to try to get the SCU back up.

Look at PS1, the only way to drop the basic painfield is to blow the gen. Before, there wasn't a painfield, you had enemies in MAX suits sitting there constantly preventing repairs to the tubes, which made it much harder for small groups to not only get the tubes back up, but to keep them clear from spawncamping. A lot more spawncamping occured back then.

In fact, I personally wouldn't mind the spawntubes becoming destructible again and the SCU just being the equivalent to "hacking the spawnroom doors open".

A painfield would ensure the tubes are blown and people don't hang around and camp, but also allows room for a spec ops team to try and retake it.
My only concern is that with a pain fiueld still in place a cunning defender could hide in a corner out of sight and we are back to spawn camping again. Better to drop the shields and the pain field, rush the spawn and get it over with; preventing the whole miserable business of spawn camping.

And I don't see that letting the attackers in would have any impact upon repairing the SCU, which is of course outside the spawn. Edit - and the shields & pain field would be restored if the defenders did manage to fix the SCU; any attackers camping in the spawn would be trapped in the painfield; a fitting end for them.

One further thing that I would suggest is that enemy mines, C4 etc inside the spawn room be disabled when the SCU is up and running. A lot of cheap kills being obtained at the moment this way when a base flips; pretty lame to lay mines in the spawn, and achieves nothing as they respawn there anyway. Something that I refrain from, I might add.

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-06-12 at 03:03 AM.
Old 2013-06-12, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
OR you could hack it to reverse the pain-field, so you'd force them OUT of the Spawn room!
(...Or, you know, hack the shield doors and lock them in to die slow deaths...)
We both know those things would not provide good, but frustrating gameplay. >.>

Spawn areas should provide a degree of guaranteed safety to the spawnee, otherwise it isn't a spawn area, but a farm area.

@Psijaka: I think we have some fundemental differences in view there, the attacker holds the advantage over the spawn area at that point. There really aren't any areas you could hide in for long. I don't perceive that as a concern.

As for indoor mines... There's a good reason why most automatic combative CE in PS1 wasn't allowed to be deployed indoors, at all.
Old 2013-06-12, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Whiteagle
Major

As for indoor mines... There's a good reason why most automatic combative CE in PS1 wasn't allowed to be deployed indoors, at all.
But Figment, then they'd actually have to go and brush out what is and isn't indoors!

...Plus that would make the current Infantry Mines even more useless...
Old 2013-06-12, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
But Figment, then they'd actually have to go and brush out what is and isn't indoors!
D:

...Plus that would make the current Infantry Mines even more useless...
...considering all CCs are outdoors and you can simply toss them on top of the console...

...or where they sink into the floor...

...or where they teleport to another location or keep sliding down a small incline...
Old 2013-06-13, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

SOE should just fire Higby and make you the new lead game designer, ps2 would be a better game.

.sent via phone.
Old 2013-06-13, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Soe, hire this man he knows what he is talking about. Seriously Figment how come you are not working for these guys yet?

This is exactly how tunnels should of been done in the first place along with spawn placement and such. The current tunnels we have now are just embarrassing.

Old 2013-06-13, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
Soe, hire this man he knows what he is talking about. Seriously Figment how come you are not working for these guys yet?
Prism and NSA. It's the only reason I can think of.
Old 2013-06-13, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Boomzor View Post
Prism and NSA. It's the only reason I can think of.
NSA-tan, why you gotta job-block Figment?
Old 2013-06-14, 06:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
psijaka
Contributor
Major

@Psijaka: I think we have some fundemental differences in view there, the attacker holds the advantage over the spawn area at that point. There really aren't any areas you could hide in for long. I don't perceive that as a concern.

It's a pretty minor issue either way. I'm very much in favour of what you suggest.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion