What is your thoguhts on a good set up? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is that a Dual Cycler in your pants or are you just pleased to see me?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-11-06, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Diviant
Contributor
First Sergeant

Bolt driver, chainblade, pistol. Tipical sniper's setup. Find a nice vantage point, let the bolts fly. If I'm confronted, I'll either 1) If it's only 1 or 2 infantry, I'll fight them off with my close range weapons. 2) If it's more than a few infantry, or a vehicle, or a MAX, I run crying like a little girl, then come back with a squad of 20 or so friends, and pump the suckers full of lead, or plasma, or whatever there is.
Old 2002-11-06, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

A couple comments

1) Stealth suits can only carry pistols. No cloaked snipers. We have no word on the cargo capacity of the stealth bike... one way or the other. You might be able to pack in a weapon or two to use briefly, stow away, and move on.

2) Diviant: A SINGLE close-combat soldier will rip you to pieces in close quarters... assuming even remotely similar skill levels. Give the other guy a full auto rifle, shotgun or whatever, and you're toast.

On the other hand, I've seen at least one picture where the soldier had *2* rifles on their back. So you could easily be packing more than just the bolt driver.

Don't forget grenades and mines either. A genuine Evil Bastard could mine the area around himself... or perhaps some sensors and a deployable turret. That sort of thing.

And you should have a vehicle of some sort handy... even if it's just a light tank. That light tank should give a MAX or a couple lighter troops more trouble than they can handle (alone). If you run into a gunship, I'm still expecting you to die quickly, unless your ride IS a gunship and you can get in before the NME pumps you full of holes.

Outside a base, vehicles will be absolutely critical to the success of any operation. Inside... MAX time. But you can outrun and outmanuver a MAX in the lighter armors. Say run off and lead him back to your remote-det charge. ;)

As for my own loadout? Hmmm. I'm undecided. I'll probably end up using all 4 accounts to try out different things. A pilot (gunship), people mover (Galaxy, maybe an APC), a Sneaky Bastard (stealth suit, hacking), and a tanker (preferably the MBT of whichever empire I go with).

And I'd also like to try my hand at being a commander... who would cert on the mobile base.
Old 2002-11-06, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Stealth suit can only have pistols? Well, the Agile exo-suit sounds promising too then
Old 2002-11-06, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

stealth suit has one pistal holder, i think you could wear one heavy weapon to though, so weres a rocket laucher might be off limits a sniper rifle carried is proably oks? or i could be wrong, but its not likly.
Old 2002-11-06, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Finally found an article that mentions the pistol thing:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/135/135582p1.html

Way the heck down the page (about 4/5ths of the way) is a mention of the stealth suit:

"
Different armor weights help to round out your customizable experience, including talk of a special set of cloaking armor that will allow you and a tiny pistol to sneak behind enemy lines and cause havoc with computer systems, putting your unprotected life at risk, of course.
"
(emphasis added)

So there.

The original reference I remember (which I can't find now) mentioned being able to carry a knife as well. Whoohoo.

No info on grenades or "other equipment", one way or the other. I still want to be able to plant a bomb.
Old 2002-11-06, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Stealth suit with a sniper rifle is a game imbalance of monumental proportions, and they're wise to have avoided it like the plague.
Old 2002-11-07, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Red face

Nooooo but i want to be the person you can only see at close range with an implant packing a hugly powerful gun! how can you say that is unballanced?! i also want a rocket launcher and a kitten named Mr. Muffins
Old 2002-11-07, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Enkidu
Contributor
Corporal

There will be NO kitten-launchers in PS. I am sure of that.
Old 2002-11-07, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hamma
PSU Admin

I must file a petetion

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-07, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Enkidu
Contributor
Corporal

I think Mr. Muffins would disapprove.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion