Patch notes! (4/24) - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A frag and a half.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-24, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Cyanide
Major

If you are downloading the patch now you should stop downloading it. What you are downloading is the fix for the "should not have been made available" patch.
Old 2003-04-25, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Originally posted by Hellsfire123
I wonder if you can wing walk now?
Wingwalk, how about bringing a few lawnchairs, strap em down, and get a free ride to an enemy base.

Really, vau will have a fun time overloading their galaxys with 10 maxs sitting on the roof.

Hmmm, or if ya land a galaxy right next to a wall, a TR MAX could jump on the roof of it and anchor down......hmm, is that possible?

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-04-25, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Originally posted by r3d
Lattice system is crap.
It was really fun when youre 10 mins into a hack then BAM someone on the other side of the continent hacks one of your bases.
Thus elminating hours of potentially fun gameplay.
I say boo to the lattice system.
So you get to run over there and find out it was a lone hacker who probably MAX'd himself up in the CC. Great... and while you were doing that, an enemy squad re-hacked the base you just took. When you get over there to fight the bastards, you realize it's about 30 people, and one of the squads is actually the top Outfit on your server. You stare at the disorganized mess you call your own squad and cry as you're killed over and over by numbers and better people than you...

I've never been a big matrix fan, but -

Wait a second... did I just say that?! I take it back! NOOO!!! The Matrix is the most AWESOME action/philosophical movie EVAR!

That aside, Continental Lattice system I'm dubious of. But I say we need to give it an open minded chance. If it does solve the above problems, then it'll be AWESOME.

PLUS - it gives a reason to destroy terminals and generators now... and ANTs will be more widely used... and we'll never have to worry too much about lone stealth hackers.

If this is implemented correctly, it'll be sweet. If not, oh well.
Revision time.
Old 2003-04-25, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Telvranai
Private

Cut off?

Question:
What happens when you're 10 minutes into a hack that's fairly far forward (and that your squad and outfit fought hard to get). There's only 1 base connecting you in the lattice, and that gets hacked, and the hack there finishes before your hack does. Does your hack just stop, because you're cut from the lattice? Or do you continue, gaining a kind of beachead cut off from your standard lines.
Basically, to simplify: Does the lattice prevent hacks from starting, or from completing?
Old 2003-04-25, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Terik
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by r3d
Lattice system is crap.
It was really fun when youre 10 mins into a hack then BAM someone on the other side of the continent hacks one of your bases.
Thus elminating hours of potentially fun gameplay.
I say boo to the lattice system.
But with the new lattice system battles will be a helluva lot more concentrated, hellish, and fun.

With ballz of differing sizes

One was small, hardly nothing at all

But the other won numerous prizes
Old 2003-04-25, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Terik
Master Sergeant

Re: Cut off?

Originally posted by Telvranai
Question:
What happens when you're 10 minutes into a hack that's fairly far forward (and that your squad and outfit fought hard to get). There's only 1 base connecting you in the lattice, and that gets hacked, and the hack there finishes before your hack does. Does your hack just stop, because you're cut from the lattice? Or do you continue, gaining a kind of beachead cut off from your standard lines.
Basically, to simplify: Does the lattice prevent hacks from starting, or from completing?
Well, the enemy won't beable to hack that base.

With ballz of differing sizes

One was small, hardly nothing at all

But the other won numerous prizes
Old 2003-04-25, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Gerico
Corporal

Seem's a good idea to me, but instead of saying "it's good" "it sucks" why dont we wait and see?.

Old 2003-04-25, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Incubus
Corporal

Thank you Gerico. It looks to me a perfect addition. I understand that the Devs need our feedback, good and bad. But let's at least not make that feedback specualation, ok?
Old 2003-04-25, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
zMessiahz
Sergeant

I'm a little worried about the TR MAX changes. Seems to me that the cycler will still rip through infantry since it fires so friggin fast. And large splash range on infantry targeted nades? phear. The pounder may not need a squad to clear interiors.

I guess we'll see how it plays out. The devs with change it again if they become uber MAXs.

And all the NC upgrades.... ugh.

The poor poor Vanu again. Ah well the game hasn't been released and a final decision on the outfit's empire has yet to be made
Old 2003-04-25, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
BeerJedi
Sergeant

wow,

looks like readjustment time. I'm going to reserve having an opinion on the matrix/lattice idea until after we test it some to see how it works.

The only "oh no!!" that i uttered was the lockon warning. This affects the strikers of TR (me) and it will be extremely difficult now to hit anyone flying.

The instant that Lock on sounds eminates, I think ABs are going to be flarin.

At the same time, I got to try it out before I can say anythign real about it. Everything else i think will be very very spiffy.
Old 2003-04-25, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

originaly posted by: Stream|ine

Oh its on now.

Lets gp Stream

I brought my homies wit' me cuz!

Acthomas & DarkDragon & ghost

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-04-25, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

Originaly posted by Streamline:

Oh its on now
lets go foo'

but this time i gots my homies wit' me cuz!

DarkDragon

Acethomas

ghost

lets get this battle online streamline!
Im waiting , but not really, im already on the grind!

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-04-25, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by BeerJedi

The only "oh no!!" that i uttered was the lockon warning. This affects the strikers of TR (me) and it will be extremely difficult now to hit anyone flying.

The instant that Lock on sounds eminates, I think ABs are going to be flarin.
As a fellow Striker whore, I can say that I think the warning is a pretty fair tweak to the game. The striker was a little too devastating against aircraft, and it'll still be devastating, the reaver pilots just get a chance to run now. However, mosquitos are still in trouble > Just dumb fire a whole clip of striker missiles into the air making sure that you don't lock on to your the aircraft you want to hose, then just point that reticle at the target and BAM, all missiles home in and nail that sucker before he even gets a chance to hit after burners
Old 2003-04-25, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Everyone wanted a reason to take bases and hold them... the lattice is exaclty what beta testers have been asking for.

I think this adds a whole new tactical dimension to the game. I think we are going to see some epic fights at lattice intersections.

But i think this will also magnify the TK in the CC problem. Now that it will be harder to get a cap, people will get more upset if they didn't get the hack.

Becareful what you ask for... you may just get it.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-04-25, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
BeerJedi
Sergeant

Just dumb fire a whole clip of striker missiles into the air making sure that you don't lock on to your the aircraft you want to hose, then just point that reticle at the target and BAM, all missiles home in and nail that sucker before he even gets a chance to hit after burners
dang, good idea. Be tryin' that tonite. I'm just wanting one more BR so i can get the minichain gun!!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion