Tech testers granted automatic beta access - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We care a lot... Really, we do.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-23, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: Tech testers granted automatic beta access

Maybe for part of the tech test they needed people that werent fans of the genre. Maybe they needed to sacrifice a few virgins to make this game the best is could be.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Kran De Loy
Captain

Retarded troll thread or retarded poster?
______
Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
Oh, ok.
Originally Posted by KhanWight View Post
Atomic bomb flying at Montreal.
I have to admit Stew's english is getting better.

Man, I remember back in March and February I wanted to choke him so badly.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-07-23 at 06:13 AM.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Littleman
First Lieutenant

The tech test is essentially a renamed beta with a focus on hardware issues, but not exactly exclusively focusing on hardware issues. They can and will collect data (balance, statistics, bugs) in the tech test that they would collect through out beta, count on it. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a gullible, uninformed fool no brighter than the kindergartner who will believe anything the grown-ups/big kids say.

Putting it another way: calling this last test a beta test or a tech test won't change what SOE was looking for - which was in fact everything (with a focus on hardware.) They invited based on terminology (loop hole) and PC spec availability (arguably not enough "priorities.")

None of the above can be argued (lack of evidence either way) nor is worth arguing, so don't go there. It's all semantics and nearly over anyway... I think. I hope. I want to play this week at the latest QQ

I'm against booting anyone out of the beta that served in the test. They're under NDA. I know even after leaving the test they're still under NDA, but if SOE boots select groups for their non-vet/non-keyed status, expect the smart one's to put out all sorts of leaks that will be hard to track down among the dumb one's that won't be too hard to track down. However, this is actually only a concern if "beta proper" is still under NDA.

And really, if they enjoyed their time in PS2, I A: wouldn't want to put them through that kind of agony and B: I want a full battlefield of people to shoot at, and actually, I'd rather a good portion of them be FNG's that won't be hauling in the PS1 mindset. I fear the veterans of the first Auraxian War will focus solely on bases and ignore just about everything else, at least for a good while.

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
______

I have to admit, Stew's english is getting better.

Man I remember back in March and February I wanted to choke him so badly.
His English has gotten better within the last month even.

I wish I had the same dedication to learning a language. I have the tools, just not the focus.

Last edited by Littleman; 2012-07-23 at 06:13 AM.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

Could everyone please stop whining about this.. Again?

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
______

I have to admit Stew's english is getting better.

Man, I remember back in March and February I wanted to choke him so badly.
Well it is retarded thread week so..
Old 2012-07-23, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Xaine
Major

Not sure why you guys are shocked.

This is SoE, give with one hand, take with the other.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
NoDachi
Master Sergeant

PSU is an absolute joke.

I know people who come here just to see how terribad the people who roll about in their bitterfilth actually are.

1) All of the people I spoke to over VOIP are vets, maybe vets are more inclined to talk I don't know?

2) Even a tiny sample of threads from the tech test forums completely blows anything from the PSU PS2 idea section out of the water. Seriously the tech test forum is full of sensible threads and posts without any of the crap you find here.

What ever they did, they did right.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by NoDachi View Post

2) Even a tiny sample of threads from the tech test forums completely blows anything from the PSU PS2 idea section out of the water. Seriously the tech test forum is full of sensible threads and posts without any of the crap you find here.

What ever they did, they did right.
This forum is full of speculation precisely because most of the people here aren't in the tech test. Once people get into the beta, and get to see the game for themselves, their fears will be eased and they can focus on being productive.

I am confident that all the fears people have concerning this and that feature ruining the game are completely baseless, and will evaporate come beta.

Seta swapping, dedicated drivers, drop pod kills and all the other stuff seems important now, but once people get to play the game and realise how it all works, there won't be a reason to let fears and doubt rule like it does on this forum currently.

There are some really awesome people here, you just have to look past all the fearmongering and whining.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
james
Sergeant Major

Really not this agian, just grow up guys. You guys just take stuff out of context all the time, the devs said vets will be one of the first.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
MorioMortis
Corporal

Originally Posted by KhanWight View Post
Atomic bomb flying at Montreal.
Hey man, don't nuke my ass, I am a fully bilingual native French speaker living in Montreal . Although I have to admit that around here, a lot of people are only partly bilingual, much to the annoyance of the rest of us when they insist on communicating in their second language.

But on topic, notwithstanding the fact that not all tech testers where vets (which had never been promised), it is extremely poor business policy to let some one into one phase of testing and then force them to leave for the next one; not a single alpha or pre-alpha test I have taken part of has ever done so, and I cannot see why SOE would do so.

Also, considering the fact that the tech testers will probably not receive invites, but be simply transferred to beta, than they do not, in fact, receive higher priority than the vets, which is to say that no amount of vets should be unable to join at a certain point in time due to the presence of tech testers because they are part of the baseline calculation.

Last edited by MorioMortis; 2012-07-23 at 07:00 AM.
Old 2012-07-23, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Novice bot
Sergeant

Take it this way;

SOE: Sup, you aren't a vet, but you've got exactly the PC configuration we gotta test, up for a small tech test?
Non Vet Tester: Sure
SoE: Hey! Thanks for participating the tech test! We got all the data we need! Now, that you're no longer that much use to us, we'll be kicking you out from the beta as a thank you so we can make a room for some guy who played the original planetside 8 years ago and hasn't touched the game since.

Talking about betrayal...
Old 2012-07-23, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by MorioMortis View Post
Also, considering the fact that the tech testers will probably not receive invites, but be simply transferred to beta, than they do not, in fact, receive higher priority than the vets, which is to say that no amount of vets should be unable to join at a certain point in time due to the presence of tech testers because they are part of the baseline calculation.
Quoted for absolute truth.

The devs never said veterans of Planetside 1 would be the first ones to play the beta. They said veterans had priority.

Veterans do have priority. When they start inviting people into the beta, veterans will be on top of the list, and they will be the first ones in every wave.
Old 2012-07-23, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
Quoted for absolute truth.

The devs never said veterans of Planetside 1 would be the first ones to play the beta. They said veterans had priority.

Veterans do have priority. When they start inviting people into the beta, veterans will be on top of the list, and they will be the first ones in every wave.
I don't think that they ever said that vets had higher priority than those with beta keys.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion