Tech testers granted automatic beta access - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dude, take a shower
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-23, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
JRoD IST
Private

Tech testers granted automatic beta access

Josh Hackney confirmed that all tech testers are automatically in the beta.

Smedley, Higby, and other PS2 devs have all said numerous times that PS1 vets would have highest priority when beta begins, when in actuality, tech testers (most of whom of ARE NOT PS2 vets) have the highest priority to get into the beta.

Personally, I think it's great that players who never even bothered to put forth any effort to obtain a key of any kind will be able to play in the beta before those who DO have keys, or vet status.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Edit: I wrote shit.

I agree... Still can't change it, lets chill and wait another week.

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2012-07-23 at 04:17 AM.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
RaZrReD
Private

Re: Tech testers granted automatic beta access

Well why remove them from it when they already have some experience in the testing aspect?

Not trying to be a pain but that's only logic

Last edited by RaZrReD; 2012-07-23 at 04:21 AM.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Not this shit again...
Old 2012-07-23, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vanath
Corporal

You have no idea how many of the tech testers are or are not Vets. Unless you have access to SOE's data stop talking in absolutes about things you have no idea about.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
JRoD IST
Private

Originally Posted by RaZrReD View Post
Well why remove them from it when they already have some experience in the testing aspect?

Not trying to be a pain but that's only logic
Tech test had nothing to do with actual game "testing". The purpose of the tech test was to stress test different people's machines, as well as downloading/updating the client, and performing server optimizations.

So no, that argument is void, as the tech test wasn't based around testing game mechanics at all. Once SOE gathers all of the data they need for the tech test, the external participants involved should have no priority over anyone else.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

Yep, here comes the royalty of entitlementland. But to contribute something more to the post, the majority of people in the tech test have actually done something physical to help the game out, even if it was a minority that strived to submit bug reports, they should not be penalised because most of them haven't. They deserve a place. SOE cannot say, yeah thanks for your help, now get back in line, can they?
Old 2012-07-23, 04:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
DodgeIt
Private

Yes, there are clearly SO SO many non-vet Tech Testers, that the servers will be full.

Old 2012-07-23, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
JRoD IST
Private

Originally Posted by Vanath View Post
You have no idea how many of the tech testers are or are not Vets. Unless you have access to SOE's data stop talking in absolutes about things you have no idea about.

Sounds like you should follow your own advice. I have talked to many people who are currently in the tech test, and about 2 to 3 out of every 4 people I talk to have never even played (or heard of) PS1 or registered a key.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Vanath
Corporal

Taking a random survey of some tech testers does not suddenly give you knowledge of how many are veterans or not. Take a survey of every tech tester and I'll give you some merit. There is no way you have talked with enough people to make it a significant sampling.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
bjorntju1
Captain

Oh not this fucking bullshit again, its not like only PS1 vets can test this game well... I hope that when you get in the beta, it is in the very last wave.
Originally Posted by JRoD IST View Post
Tech test had nothing to do with actual game "testing". The purpose of the tech test was to stress test different people's machines, as well as downloading/updating the client, and performing server optimizations.

So no, that argument is void, as the tech test wasn't based around testing game mechanics at all. Once SOE gathers all of the data they need for the tech test, the external participants involved should have no priority over anyone else.
It's MAIN point was to test how the game runs on certain specs, but do you really think they don't listen to feedback about the gameplay? I am 100% sure they do, trust me on that.

Anyways, this is good news for me.

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-07-23 at 04:38 AM.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Klockan
First Sergeant

Smedley, Higby, and other PS2 devs have all said numerous times that PS1 vets would have highest priority when beta begins.
It has been confirmed that they will have the same priority as randoms with a beta code, not higher. Since the tech testers were invited from the same group I don't really understand, so you are complaining that those that got into the beta earlier will still be in the beta when you are getting on the beta? Do you want them to kick these guys or what? The tech tests are a beta even if it isn't an open beta. As soon as you start giving it out to randoms it is a beta.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
RaZrReD
Private

Yes you're right, tech test is primarily for the reasons you outlined but to think that the testers don't report bugs is a bit naiive. Besides, I'm no expert on the topic but I would imagine it is the type of game (mainly due to the amount of people playing at once) that the more beta testers the better so why remove testers that you already have in the pool.

It's just a case of waiting a short while longer and you'll be playing :-)
Old 2012-07-23, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

All vets are going to get into beta eventually. We will see and hear and touch the thing well before the general public, and perhaps have a small hand in shaping it.

That's good enough for me.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Although I agree with the sentiment that SOE basically lied about vets having the highest level of priority and that is a twatish thing to do, I have to say that asking a couple of your mates does not give you any knowledge on the status on even a majority of the players.

P.s. I'm not a vet, I just have more credibility than to only complain about unfair things that effect me.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion