Tactics on the battlefild - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: all your quotes r belong to us
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-28, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Re: Tactics on the battlefild

Not necessarily all tactics but some oldies that sometimes need to be brought up again..and again.

Don't forget you can melee and its efficiency for killing. More powerful then a bullet it is....yesssssss. Strong in the force you will be for remembering.

AV mines are not just for vehicles! They make tasty oderves for maxes. Don't drop av mines near your own factions maxes! Av mines are great to drop right in front of the vehicle pad right before your about to loose a facility. Trying to hold one of the underground tunnel entrances? Space out av mines down its length to cripple or slow down the max rush.

Prox mines. Do not drop them in doorways of the room your squad is trying to hold. Your squadies might get a little upset when they are turned against you. Just around the corners leading up the stairs or on the stairs leading down from the rooftops are a better choice.

Pay more attention to windows when inside a building.

Drop Ammo. Yes you do have an ammo back. "No I didn't load it up."Bring up your turret and hit B. "My god, I had that available all this time!"

Do not leave your vehicle on a vehicle pad.
Do no stop in front of a vehicle pad and look at your map. Please pull to the side before.
Do not shoot at that distant aircraft while in a vehicle.
Please shoot at that esf with small arms fire. You'd be surprised. Shotguns at close range on a hovering esf is a beautiful thing and some how strangely erotic. Ok that last point might just be me

Infiltrators - hack everything in sight....please.

Use your HA shields before hitting the ground from a drop/jump.

Old 2014-03-28, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Binkley
Sergeant

Stay away from spawn rooms, don't try to camp. I'm talking about that period where your faction has beaten the enemy back to the spawn and you are just waiting for the cap timer. There are no more enemy to kill, they have either left the base, or they are content to sit in the spawn and shoot your dumb ass through the shields. I could score 5-25 noob kills without leaving the spawn while the final seconds tick down and all together their BRs won't add up to 100. Just back up to where you can't see the shields and you can't be killed by invulnerable enemies. Make 'em come out and fight, or leave.
Old 2014-03-31, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by CraazyCanuck View Post
AV mines are not just for vehicles! They make tasty oderves for maxes. Don't drop av mines near your own factions maxes! Av mines are great to drop right in front of the vehicle pad right before your about to loose a facility. Trying to hold one of the underground tunnel entrances? Space out av mines down its length to cripple or slow down the max rush.
Land mines explode inside spawn rooms and near vehicle pad if they are enemy controlled! I die everytime I forget this and try to place AV mines on enemy vehicle pads.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2014-03-31, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Land mines explode inside spawn rooms and near vehicle pad if they are enemy controlled! I die everytime I forget this and try to place AV mines on enemy vehicle pads.
I died so many times planting mines on enemy vehicle pads. Not sure why SOE changed implementation this way because you can plant mines just after the pad and tanks will explode anyway.
Old 2014-03-31, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Good point. I forget as well. Doesn't take more then one Kaboom to refresh my memory though.

Old 2014-04-28, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
BILLDOZER
Private

Not so much of a tactic but it is a nifty trick.

After driving my vanguard for so long I figured out that if you tap W (or whatever your forward key is) when you reach the top of your gear, you will shift to the next one faster.

Example, 1st gear 1-16 KPH, stays at 16 kph for like a second then shifts and allows faster speeds. When you get to 16 kph tapping W will shift up faster without having to wait for the tank to do it itself. This works for other vehicles like the lightning but the vanny takes forever to shift and has the largest effect from what I've seen.
Old 2014-04-28, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

Avoid the "March of the Lemmings". Wait for your teammates and proceed enmasse. Don't die pointlessly in onesies and twosies...
Old 2014-04-28, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Anton Cachat
Private

Use your mines. These are like bonus kills.
If u r playing as a sniper place a mine 2 cover your back (it helps) If as a intruder a nice spot besides well travelled doorways is on the arrival jump pad on defense towers (a suprising number of people just jump and not change there arrival) another is just by the refit panel on a sunderer.
If u hack an important/well placed terminal or generator. Place mine at a nearby doorway. Get inventive.

If u play an engineer. make friends with a Max. Repair him and keep him and u in ammo. in fact scatter ammo anywhere where your faction is fighting. As an engineer tanker take vehicle mine and use them. Place them at choke points and if possible use your tank to tempt the enemy into chasing you over them.
Old 2014-04-28, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

1. As light assault, always run from a fair fight. Find an angle to come back from to make it unfair to your enemy.

2. When in a prowler and attacking from an elevated position, anchor aweigh.

3. Never snipe from the top of anything. People often stop checking halfway down.

4. Trees are your mortal enemy, unless you are playing light assault.

5. Tap fire you LMG's past 30m.

6. Revive grenades are awesome in CQC.

7. If you are an engineer, don't be a dick. Throw down that ammo box. Don't have one? Press B with before deploying your turret.

8. Always use laser sights on pistols.

9. The commissioner might be tempting, but the underboss is much more forgiving in frantic situations.

10. Ammo sundies get tons of XP and will likely get your song sung through the ages by tankers everywhere.
Old 2014-04-28, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Cruciall
Private

fatal funnel .... 85% of the people playing this game have no clue what this is or how to set one up.

Its a simple defensive tactic, but very very effective ...While defending a building/point of interest stay away from the entry point , set up at all angles , and everyone fires when someone tries to breach.

I know everyone has seen 1 lone dumb rambo standing in front of a door blocking the 15 people like hes going to accomplish something.... Pro tip, aim for the back of his head and drop him as fast as you can. 1 fool can cause a perfect defense to fail.

Last edited by Cruciall; 2014-04-28 at 07:14 PM.
Old 2014-04-29, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Are you saying... kill your ally so he doesn't block the door?
Old 2014-04-29, 04:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Azzzz
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post

9. The commissioner might be tempting, but the underboss is much more forgiving in frantic situations.
Are you only saying this because I picked the commissioner over the underboss against your advice?

Last edited by Azzzz; 2014-04-29 at 04:21 AM.
Old 2014-04-29, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Cruciall
Private

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
Are you saying... kill your ally so he doesn't block the door?
Well not out right... When coms and chat has failed you kill them as soon as they step in front of the 15 people defending.... The idea is 15 guns are better than 1, and someone standing in front this defense can block everyone focus firing on the funnel.
Old 2014-04-29, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Snoopy
Sergeant

C4 sticks... when luring a max through a doorway, stick it to the roof of the door - not on the ground, where they'll be looking.
Old 2014-04-30, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
C4 sticks... when luring a max through a doorway, stick it to the roof of the door - not on the ground, where they'll be looking.
I find it easier and more efficient to put the C4 on the ground around the corner of the door. By the time they see it my C4 trigger has already been pushed.

Just, you know, never put it on the ground in front of the doorway where any idiot can see it. Make sure it's around the corner of the doorway. Or on the wall of the doorway where the enemy will come from. Out of sight and out of mind and all that. *Runs into a room with enemy max. Runs out and puts C4 around corner. Blows up once seen* Meheheheee!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion