Wipe after Closed Beta? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Get off my bandwidth!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-18, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Nordan
Corporal

Re: Wipe after Closed Beta?

I've never ever played a beta where the characters are saved. It's a rule of thumb, I don't think it has to be stated.
Old 2012-08-18, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
RoninOni
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by IHateMMOs View Post
Yes! I love it when they wipe the characters, because then I can just go insane with everything without worrying about the consequences. The closed beta should have unlimited certs so that people can try out everything and then later on in he beta stage it can be legit progression.
Leveling speed off natural world interaction is one of the things they need to balance.... so expect to need to earn dem certs... over and over again

As noted, any cash spent in the store during beta will get refunded if wiped, allowing you to respend your cash.
Old 2012-08-18, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by RoninOni View Post
Leveling speed off natural world interaction is one of the things they need to balance.... so expect to need to earn dem certs... over and over again

As noted, any cash spent in the store during beta will get refunded if wiped, allowing you to respend your cash.
Don't they give you free station cash to spend in the closed beta like in Blacklight: Retribution.
Old 2012-08-18, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
RoninOni
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by IHateMMOs View Post
Don't they give you free station cash to spend in the closed beta like in Blacklight: Retribution.
Wouldn't count on it....

They might give out a few bucks.

They might have a phase before the store opens where they give people free money to spend on the store items, then next wipe you won't get a refund of course since you spent no real cash and then they'll turn the store on for real.
Old 2012-08-20, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Zenben
Master Sergeant

Before they open up the store to real Station Cash purchases, I'm guessing they'll make things free in order for them to be tested. Once they open up real SC purchases, which could easily be before beta is over, I would expect the purchases to be tied to the account, not the character. This way when they do the final character wipe before launch, wiping certs and BR's (I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't delete the characters so people in beta could keep their name) the purchases made during beta will still be available to that account post-launch.
Old 2012-08-20, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
RoninOni
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Zenben View Post
Before they open up the store to real Station Cash purchases, I'm guessing they'll make things free in order for them to be tested. Once they open up real SC purchases, which could easily be before beta is over, I would expect the purchases to be tied to the account, not the character. This way when they do the final character wipe before launch, wiping certs and BR's (I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't delete the characters so people in beta could keep their name) the purchases made during beta will still be available to that account post-launch.
Lots of items will be booster consumables tho which would have been used on wiped resources/xp

They'll just clear all your items and refund you for any SC actually spent.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion