Connery pilot Vertical thrust talk - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: has stole my knife, my wife and my life!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-08-29, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Snoggy
Private

Re: Connery pilot Vertical thrust talk

Originally Posted by snafus View Post
Begone disgruntled Lib pilot. We will dance if we want to and you can't stop us.

My dalton will stop you. Either as you get between me and that reaver.. or me and those ground targets!

And I personally would rather see dogfights as... well.. dogfights.... what we have is a bunch of people circling and dancing around.... rather see much more use of altitude and speed advantages.... none of this 0-120mph in 2 seconds.. but E retention and all the complexities of air combat applied.

Even today I started using the hover frame.. and... against my own convictions.. started actually using this reverse thrust maneuver. Talk about shooting fish in a barrel, no wonder they are calling for nerfs. Even the 'experienced' people were easy to blast out of the air, and I fly libs for a living.
Old 2013-08-29, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Coltorl
Private

In a real combat environment all stealth would be lost once that plane engages the ground. And the F-22 isn't nearly as versatile as our current ESF. The F 22 has no real air targets to engage, the air force has let it run cas missions in some instances, mostly to get the pilots experienced in flying the plane in a combat environment. It was designed as a air superiority stealth fighter, not a multi role fighter, once a 'real' war hits the F-22 would not be engaging the ground like that. And the SU 27 is probably a better example of an air superiority fighter, given that it doesn't engage ground targets as much as an F 22
Old 2013-08-30, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Coltorl View Post
In a real combat environment all stealth would be lost once that plane engages the ground. And the F-22 isn't nearly as versatile as our current ESF. The F 22 has no real air targets to engage, the air force has let it run cas missions in some instances, mostly to get the pilots experienced in flying the plane in a combat environment. It was designed as a air superiority stealth fighter, not a multi role fighter, once a 'real' war hits the F-22 would not be engaging the ground like that. And the SU 27 is probably a better example of an air superiority fighter, given that it doesn't engage ground targets as much as an F 22
at this point you are arguing semantics.

just because the name "Empire specific fighter" is used, you think its A2A only?

We only have 3 aircraft in this entire game. why would the 'fighter' not be a multi roll aircraft?
Old 2013-08-30, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Coltorl
Private

I was making a point to correct you, I don't think it should only be an superiority aircraft. But with the existence of the Liberator as an A2G option, most people (most people are not pilots) see an ESF as the A2A option. I do believe that the the rocket pods are better at almost every thing than the AB tanks, but with the next update that should change.
Old 2013-09-03, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Coltorl View Post
I was making a point to correct you, I don't think it should only be an superiority aircraft. But with the existence of the Liberator as an A2G option, most people (most people are not pilots) see an ESF as the A2A option. I do believe that the the rocket pods are better at almost every thing than the AB tanks, but with the next update that should change.
ok, so you have been just playing devils advocate then?

I find more use in the extra fuel, and my nosegun is good enough to engage just about everything (it takes like 3 or 4 mags to kill a tank, but I'm fine with that as I rarely shoot tanks, il let my outfit mates on the ground take care of the tanks.)

I definitely can't wait for the buff that external fuel tanks will have though.
Old 2013-09-05, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
NoXousX
Corporal

The meta game IS the ground game. Let's not forget that. I'm sure a lot of players would love to circle jerk @ 1000m all day, but it accomplishes nothing, and this should be taken in to consideration when changes are made to aircraft.

ESFs are better off than they ever have been (balance wise). A few tweaks need to be made, but overall they are ok. These fuel pod/reverse maneuver changes etc will only deteriorate both dogfighting and the air/ground relationship or lack thereof.
Old 2013-09-23, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Ratstomper
Major

After much time without an available PC to play on, I finally got in game just last week. So, I can't speak from a PS2 ace pilot standpoint, BUT I will say that the current complexity of the ESF controls is what gives it allure. I've been spending some time getting used to handling the reaver and, while I don't understand a lot of the maneuvers that are common, that's exactly what is keeping me interested. I like that there is a learning curve that separates skilled from mediocre pilots and I'm willing to put in the time to get better. As a result, my flying has improved dramatically.

I haven't had enough experience to say what needs nerfs or what doesn't. What I DON'T want to see is an oversimplification of dogfighting and air combat that just any new player can jump into and be great at.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2013-09-23 at 10:47 AM.
Old 2013-09-28, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Coltorl
Private

If you are starting off I higly recommend you learn on dogfighting airframe it has the highest skill cap imo and gives you significant advantages at outflying the bads
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)