Hamma
PSU Admin

End of September News Roundup

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...undup-2563.htm
Old 2011-10-01, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Re: End of September News Roundup

Eh, not liking the fact that instead of each empire having access to Mossie and Reaver, they made it empire specific. I'd much prefer ES variants of the Mossie and Reaver.

Meh, maybe with the customization the mossie/reaver will be able to fill the niche of the other aircraft, but I hope to god that the appearance changes dramatically so that if I have a Reaver as NC thats specced to be like the mosquito from PS1, that it actually looks like a mosquito and not the reaver.
Old 2011-10-02, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
GTGD
First Sergeant

Or maybe each of the empire specific vehicles will actually change the way people play, and make it a meaningful decision to play a certain empire if you are really into vehicles?

I love the idea. NC Reavers are going to be big, badass aircraft whether they are air-to-air or air-to-ground. Likewise, TR Mossies are going to be sleek and quick. However, their effectiveness can still be different but equal. Such as if the Mossy had a weaker chaingun while the Reaver has more powerful cannons. Or because of the speed different, the Reaver shoots a strong homing missile while the Mossy shoots more inaccurate cluster-rockets.

It was really cool how despite the same vehicle and attributes, the Deli variants had different weapons making them essentially different vehicles altogether. They're taking that concept and running with it, rather than giving all of the existing vehicles paintjobs. How many empire specific vehicles were even in PS?

Deli/Sundy variants
Assault buggies
Medium Tanks
BFRs

Can't think of any more. No planes, for certain.
Old 2011-10-02, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
nathanebht
Sergeant

Kinda pointless to talk about vehicles until we have a chance to drive them around. A rough estimate of when the beta would start would be useful.
Old 2011-10-02, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Straws
Corporal

Originally Posted by nathanebht View Post
Kinda pointless to talk about vehicles until we have a chance to drive them around. A rough estimate of when the beta would start would be useful.
Not really. The rough estimates we had in the past were poor at best. Until they finish the key features, no estimates will be given.
Old 2011-10-02, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
nathanebht
Sergeant

Well right now I have some feel for where I think they are in development. But a poor rough estimate from SOE would be better than nothing.

Straws, what key features do you think aren't finished?
Old 2011-10-03, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Straws
Corporal

Originally Posted by nathanebht View Post
Well right now I have some feel for where I think they are in development. But a poor rough estimate from SOE would be better than nothing.

Straws, what key features do you think aren't finished?
Anything I would say would be heresey. I am not on the development team, so I don't even know the full least of features, but to put it this way, if all the features were already in game, then beta would be out, because after implimentation comes balancing, balancing requires more than an internal testing team of X emplyees.

Examples of what could be in the process of implimentation are the mechanics of vehicle aquisition. Base-capture methods may not be in yet. The mechnics behind territory capture may not be in yet.

Don't confuse concept and design with development and implimentation.

Back to the subject of being told when beta will be out, please note that from various interviews in November 2010, PS2 was going to be released in March 2011. The silence we had leading up to that date, as well as the lack of achievement on that date really pissed a lot of people off. Higby's approach is refreshing and professional. I hope it stays that way.

Last edited by Straws; 2011-10-03 at 11:48 AM.
Old 2011-10-03, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Shogun
Contributor
General

didn´t smed say in an interview that beta is planned for the end of the year or early next year?
that´s the closest guess we will get for some time.

but i like the overall frequency of q&as, news and interwiews we are getting now!
and i love that the devs show us, they are listening to our feedback! as when someone complained about the cloaking atv being cut and highby answered that he will have the team work out a cloaking attachment for the atv, to satisfy the cloakers that need this feature for their beloved playstyle.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions