AGN: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: To All You Virgins: Thanks For Nothing.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Competition Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-09-26, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
PredatorFour
Major

Re: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post

Thanks for the feedback, but I think saying you won't watch it because of the dorito color is a bit much :P
When you select the right colour.... you damn make sure you select the right hue or i ain't interested !!
Old 2013-09-26, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Aarth
Private

Originally Posted by Violin View Post
^This.
Honestly, you guys are doing such a great job with this that it seems like a trivial thing to bring up, but I definitely had a wtf moment when I saw it. Not to say it is a bad looking logo at all, it just doesn't fit with Planetside 2's theme.
Again great job CC on providing the fantastic event and match. I do have to second this logo issue though, the logo seemed very out of place. Perhaps having silhouettes of a Planetside side Infantry (futuristic), Lightning, and Liberator would make a much improved PS2 themed logo.

Last edited by Aarth; 2013-09-26 at 02:29 PM.
Old 2013-09-27, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Hamma
PSU Admin

Side note, what did you guys think of the new Scoreboard?
Old 2013-09-27, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Himofeelia
Private

I recently participated in the last CommClash with NNG.

I was thinking there should be simple, inexpensive prizes for the winner. For instance, unique camos, decals or titles (via codes - locked to the account holder, of course)

The camos are probably the easiest to create which get more "cool" the more wins.
The titles could be awarded in a ladder getting better for each win kinda like WoW did.
Old 2013-09-27, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

My vote is for no prizes. The prestige in participating should be enough.
Old 2013-09-27, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Side note, what did you guys think of the new Scoreboard?
I liked it, especially after the score colors were changed to make it visible on the dark background. I saw several people ask in the chat to have it up all the time as it didn't block critical viewing areas. Not sure about full time viewing for it but I think it did need to pop up more often or better have it display on every score change.
Old 2013-09-27, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea I tried to display it when we talked about the match and also randomly throughout - I don't like leaving it up all the time personally I think it takes away a bit. I may start just doing it at every 5 minute mark or something along those lines.
Old 2013-09-27, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
retrogreq
Private

Misc Info

Originally Posted by JohnA View Post
During yesterday's Community Clash event, I thought I saw something that I was hoping a member of NNG or TGWW could confirm or deny.

At the moment of first deploy, did infantry pull ESFs and Libs then leave them on the ground for their team while they went and jumped into Galaxies?

I thought that is what I saw, but can not be sure. If they did that, I thought it was a great way to conserve resources for later in the round. Have pilots pull ground vehicles and infantry pull planes for the initial wave because the vehicles did not survive long anyways.

Great event as always.

Happiness through oppression

I will neither confirm nor deny this accusation, but you should watch the stream...
Old 2013-09-28, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Another great show and win by VS!

As far as feedback, there are a few things I want to mention. Sometimes I was unsure about the base being looked at and how it was relative to the map. As I've never played on Nexus, so when a base name is being called out I don't really know which base it is. Having the colored map show up more times to indicate what is being viewed and where the main forces are pushing would be ideal. Maybe you could have something pop up in the corner of the screen indicating what location we're looking at on the map? Seeing how the whole conflict is evolving at a glance is really what I want.

Of course, that's probably not the easiest thing to do, great show still.
Old 2013-10-03, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Rolfski
Major

Just watched a few bits of NUC owning the place:
  • Still no proper empire colour squad colouring. Seriously?
  • Would be nice to change the rules to game-over once all bases are capped, to add some tension and sense of achievement.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-10-04 at 08:26 AM.
Old 2013-10-03, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Hamma
PSU Admin

Everyone has their empire coloring set properly, problem is some of the cams are in a squad.
Old 2013-10-03, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Everyone has their empire coloring set properly, problem is some of the cams are in a squad.
There had been a suggestion for all cameras to change their squad colors to the empire color of that outfit, instead of the default Alpha Green, Bravo Brown, Charlie Purple, Delta Black.

So in this last case, Noxx would have set all of NUC's squad colors to different shades of red, and Deringer would have set all of DPSO/FourtyDeuce's squad colors to different shades of purple. Or even the same shade.

This would, theoretically, allow the audience to know who was who because everyone would always be a shade of blue, purple, or red. The downside is that cameras/casters might not know exactly what squad is in each shot.
Old 2013-10-04, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post
There had been a suggestion for all cameras to change their squad colors to the empire color of that outfit, instead of the default Alpha Green, Bravo Brown, Charlie Purple, Delta Black.

So in this last case, Noxx would have set all of NUC's squad colors to different shades of red, and Deringer would have set all of DPSO/FourtyDeuce's squad colors to different shades of purple. Or even the same shade.

This would, theoretically, allow the audience to know who was who because everyone would always be a shade of blue, purple, or red. The downside is that cameras/casters might not know exactly what squad is in each shot.
Exactly what I mean. The downsides are not too much of an issue imo compared to the way better overall viewer experience it will provide.
Old 2013-10-04, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Hamma
PSU Admin

We talked about it pre-show so I figured we were set - guess the squad colors themselves are still the issue.
Old 2013-10-04, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Locke
Private

I honestly think it would be worth having a set lane or lanes the outfits have to follow depending on how many people are active on Nexus. At present the action is to spread out that the viewing experience is not consistent enough and a lot of times you have the entire ground forces of each team just sat at different bases ghost capping rather than fighting each other. They need to be forced into fighting each other sooner and more often over the match to make it entertaining. This would also help with the commentating by making it easier for them to be at the right place at the right time.

I also think it might be worth looking at aircraft number caps depending on how the next few events work out. The last two CC have been so totally dominated by one side owning the air that it's been pretty boring to watch the base battles because there is no really effective g2a counter for liberators against players at this skill level on this sort of terrain. It also removes interesting things like Galaxy drops as effective air teams just totally shut them down before they even leave the warp gate.

Long term it would be good to see a real time map of whats going on but thats down to SOE.

Last edited by Locke; 2013-10-04 at 10:46 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Competition Discussion