I'm a noob!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dude, where's my life?!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-29, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

I'm a noob!!

Hey everybody.
I'm a noob. Normally I just wing it until I get the hang of a new game but I'm finding that the only term I recognize is "zerg". So...if you all would be so kind as to help me get up to speed I'd appreciate it.
I've played for about 5 hours total. I participated in taking over several complexes and was in 2 major battles.

My goal as a character is to drive vehicles, particularly flying ones. I have Reaver Certification and am looking at either mosquito or dropship next.

If you guys have any tips/suggestions for flying, killing, surviving, and how to find an outfit that isn't exclusively French it would be much appreciated.
Old 2003-08-29, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Brigadier General

Misc Info

If I would be you I would get the Galaxy next (or as you said it the dropship). The Mosquito is a lot like the Reaver but a bit faster, a lot weaker, and without the missles. Here is a tip to get your battle rank up by 2 really fast. Go to the Virtual Reality vehicle area and shooting range and try out all the vehicles ground and air (they are found at different terminals) and then try out all the Max armor and guns at the shooting range. Also don't forget to get into every vehicles gunner seat.
I can't really help you find an outfit because I play on Emerald and I only know the NC outfits here. If you do join Emerald as NC you should look at the following to sites of really nice outfits that aren't french www.sghq.com and
http://www.theartofwarfare.net/
Old 2003-08-29, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Heh, yeah I stumbled on the VR area first, drove and fired everything I could get my hands on. I was thinking about the mosquito because I see so many people talk about how great it is. I actually didn't see ANY Galaxy's last night so hopefully that'll be useful.

Maybe If I ask some specific noob questions it'll be easier.
How about this. What the hell do you do with an ANT?
Where do you take them?
Old 2003-08-29, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Ok on your map when you look at a base it'll show a % on everyone if the base % goes down to 0% the the base goes neutral. Or if you hack and before the hack is complete the base goes to 0% the hack will fail if you dont recharge the base fast. Thats what ANTs do. You take them inside a warpbubble and go to the back and deploy them now wait and they'll charge and then undeploy it take it to a base and look around the base (not in the bulding) and you'll see a meter go and deploy the charged ANT there and it'll give energy to the base. Remember to deploy it in a warpbubble first and make sure the NTU level is full (you'll see a NTU level meter when your in the ANT and the part thats green means its charged the part thats grey means its not.
Old 2003-08-29, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Ahhh! Okay, you take the ANTs to the warpbubble then. *nods*
I'll remember that if I ever see any facilities of ours low.

Okay, for you Reaver Pilots, do you recommend going with all missiles and no 20 mm ammo?

Also, are lockers actually useful at all? It seems to me that it would just be easier to stop at a terminal and pick up all new stuff.

Also, last night I was operating a turret gun and shooting in a battle. After a while I automatically got out and it had a red circle with an x-through it, the turret was not destroyed but I couldn't get back in. I walked down to the next one and got in that one. Anybody know why this happened?
Old 2003-08-29, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Answers

Originally Posted by Nimbus
Okay, for you Reaver Pilots, do you recommend going with all missiles and no 20 mm ammo?
I don't recommand that I think you should carry both types of ammo.

are lockers actually useful at all?
Yes they are usefull lets say you spawn in a tower and it gets taken over right then (this happens a lot) you can't use the terminals anymore to get weapons so you could go to a locker and get something out to use. And also you could loot a TR or VS body and get some of their guns that you normally can't get cause your NC. But if you get one of there empire-only weapons you must have the certifiction needed to use it. And you can put thoes in your locker.

Example: To use a VS lasher or TR mini-chaingun you must have heavy assault.

What I have in my locker: a mini-chaingun, a lasher, a Guass, a couple of medic packs

Also, last night I was operating a turret gun and shooting in a battle. After a while I automatically got out and it had a red circle with an x-through it, the turret was not destroyed but I couldn't get back in. I walked down to the next one and got in that one. Anybody know why this happened?
I think it was cause even though it wasn't destroyed it was damaged so much that you could no longer use it this also happens to vehicles so you can no longer drive them. This could also mean that the base was hacked by an enemy empire but in your case it wasn't cause you went to another turret and could use it so it was because it got damaged so much you could no longer use it.

I hope all of this helps
Old 2003-08-29, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

It definately helps. I'm starting to run out of newb questions.

When taking over a facility, do you recommend destroying all the turrets, or just enough so you can get in unhindered?
Old 2003-08-29, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

When you have hacked a base, all the turrets turn off. If you thin that there is a good chance the base may be rehacked, it may be a good idea to blow the turrets if they have not been already. (though, shouldn't you be killing people in this case rather than worrying about shooting turrets? )
Old 2003-08-29, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Answer

When taking over a facility, do you recommend destroying all the turrets, or just enough so you can get in unhindered?
I recommend destroying just enough so you can get in unhindered.
Old 2003-08-29, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
FlakMan
Colonel

Two words: Virtual Training

[-collection-] [-wishlist-] [-muse-] [-mars volta-] [-devart-] [-ljournal-]
Old 2003-08-29, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally posted by FlakMan
Two words: Virtual Training
What are you talking about that doesn't answer his question.
Old 2003-08-29, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

well if your looking for an outfit send me a /tell when u are on. my name is STEALTHKILLER.

(like u didnt already guess )

Last edited by STEALTHKILLER; 2003-08-30 at 09:24 AM.
Old 2003-08-29, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

I've done a lot of virtual training already. I've tested most of the vehicles, positions and firearms.

Thanks for the tips on the autoturrets. You're right about how I should be focusing on enemies and thats actually the reason I asked. If the turrets are auto firing they can tear up friendly aircraft and vehicles coming to help and should an enemy manage to man one they have a tendancy to turn inward and fire on people in the courtyard. Of course, should you take over the facility and they are all broken, then they can't help you either.
A couple times last night I was gunned down by autoturrets as I was trying to afterburn away or even trying to land in the courtyard.

Any recommended armor and weapon certs for a character primarily focusing on piloting aircraft?
Old 2003-08-29, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Looks like a lot of you play on Emerald. I'm tempted to switch over. I'm not real skilled on my current server and all the outfits I've encountered so far are french only.
Old 2003-08-29, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

At it's peak hours, Emerald is the biggest server there is. Meaning that it has the most people in it.

As for destroying turrets, well, that depends. But if the hack is secured by your side, destroying turrets is also like depleting NTU's Not a good idea to deplete the NTU's. Unless an ANT is there or on the way. But that's just my pennies in the jar.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion