Empire names switched? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Parachute Pants are always in style
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-07, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Synergy
Sergeant

Empire names switched?

it seems like they misplaced all the names when making the backstory or something

re�pub�lic-A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them. Terran Republic Should probably be the NC

sov�er�eign-One that exercises supreme, permanent authority, especially in a nation or other governmental unit. TR should be called the VS.

con�glom�er�ate-To form or gather into a mass or whole. Since they want to force evolution i think the NC name would fit them best as theyre trying to make a new mass
We're working hard to get the patch out tonight...despite the fact that we're essentially starting from scratch at 9:30 in the evening.
Heh. Dedicated? Insane? You decide. But we're doing it.

No ETA...but our goal is "before Dawn".
Old 2003-04-07, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

um u have a typo!

but maybe the TR was a republic then took control without the citizens really noticing, come on we are the closest thing to Nazi's, that makes us cool!

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-04-07, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

re�pub�lic-A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them. Terran Republic Should probably be the NC

sov�er�eign-One that exercises supreme, permanent authority, especially in a nation or other governmental unit. TR should be called the VS.

con�glom�er�ate-To form or gather into a mass or whole. Since they want to force evolution i think the NC name would fit them best as theyre trying to make a new mass
They where probably being Ironic....

You know, republics are well known for throwing their weight around on matters of state security and such.

Supress the masses through terror and subversion and you have a body of citizens who vote for your own officers out of fear...

The Vanu Sovereignty want to exercise supreme rule as the evolution of the human race, creating a higher power, a sovereign power exercising this power over all who stand in their way.
Old 2003-04-07, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
insaneferret
Private

just because they were once a republic does'nt mean they are one now
Old 2003-04-07, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Synergy
Sergeant

not exactly the VS is still fighting for freedom regardless of the means they are doing to get there
We're working hard to get the patch out tonight...despite the fact that we're essentially starting from scratch at 9:30 in the evening.
Heh. Dedicated? Insane? You decide. But we're doing it.

No ETA...but our goal is "before Dawn".
Old 2003-04-07, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
EarlyDawn
Major General

The Terran Soverignty, New Republic, and Vanu Conglomerate?

No thanks.
Old 2003-04-07, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ex70
Corporal

Originally posted by DarkDragon00
...come on we are the closest thing to Nazi's, that makes us cool!
Old 2003-04-07, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The Terran Republic is a republic. It's a republic formed from all the nations of earth.. Course it holds elections! The peple whitin the republic has voted for order and law. You can't keep billions supressed for 1000 years and have peace and prosperity if the system didn't work!

Don't buy into the VS and NC propaganda

The NC is just what it is, a conglomerate or gathering of people and groups whit the general same idea.

And the VS claims sovereignity over the lands it rules.. VS never claimed to be a democracy... Hell it's a sovereignity made by mostly scientists and soldiers.
Old 2003-04-07, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

I do not agree, most "republics" on earth have actually been dictatorships, or at least have an extreme class system -> "a body of citizens who are entitled to vote" the key is who is a true citizen, and who is not.

The NC does fit the gather into a mass, esp since that fits how they started, just masses of people gathering to fight for freedom

sovereign and sovereignty are different things, as sovereignty referes to something that has a supreme authority, or a supreme aspect that is above all others. In this case, their sovereign tech is above any others.

I think that they all fit well
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-04-07, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Iraq calls itself a Republic.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-04-07, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Kilgs
Contributor
Corporal

A couple things...

-NC does not want to force evolution. Thats the Vanu.

-The Terran Republic spans the universe. Auraxis has recently been settled so therefore it prob'ly isn't considered civilized yet. In these situations, the Governor (or Magistrate) is in charge of the entire planet until it becomes a full-fledged member of the republic.

Therefore all power rests with the Terran authority of the planet. Maybe the problem is just the governor, he could be a complete ass and dictator.

-Conglomerate-
Look at business terminology. A conglomerate is a grouping of individual entities working together for a common goal.

Isn't this thread kinda silly anway?

After all, the The Democratic People's Republic of North Korea... isn't.
Old 2003-04-07, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Seer
Major

Governments are linguistically dishonest. That's almost universal.
Old 2003-04-07, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Phenom
Corporal

lol, i posted this same topic in a forum for a game called Counter Strike, so i know a good answer for this topic.
Maybe they just decided to give them those names cuz they felt like it? Do you really care what the name of the empire is?
Maybe they just named them that so people like you would have something to gripe about. Cmon man there are alot more serious issues out there then this.
Old 2003-04-07, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by LNS0388
New Republic
What about the old republic?

Old 2003-04-07, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by DarkDragon00
but maybe the TR was a republic then took control without the citizens really noticing, come on we are the closest thing to Nazi's, that makes us cool!
Hopefully you weren't being serious.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion