Anti Zerg MAX tactics Anti Zerg tactics and balance ! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: if accidently digested, consult a doctor
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-15, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stew
Major

Anti Zerg MAX tactics Anti Zerg tactics and balance !

I would deeply want to know what soe have planned to conter Cheap huge Zerg clan tactics such as overwhelming MAX units or reaver,scythe , mosquito etc..

i would like to see everything having a deep weakness while used in (( unbalanced numbers ))

I would like to see balanced class with conter class systhem !

ive seen to many games rts or fps where u cant use a single class and simply whipe out the ennemies i would like to see something that discourages players and huge clan mostly to use those kind of cheap tactics !
Old 2012-04-15, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
RNFB
First Sergeant

Re: Anti Zerg MAX tactics Anti Zerg tactics and balance !

Counter with your own zerg
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-15, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

That's why hard counters are important, like AA that actually matters.

But when hard counters exist people whine about how they are "no skill" weapons/vehicles.

Can't make everyone happy.
Old 2012-04-15, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
That's why hard counters are important, like AA that actually matters.

But when hard counters exist people whine about how they are "no skill" weapons/vehicles.

Can't make everyone happy.
I would like to see class vs class i mean if the MAX in zerg is to much so one class have to be 200 % a threat to them

like in a well balanced game where pikeman with 50 % less troops are able to annilated cavalery !

thing like this this will unable to massive clan to use Zerg cheap tactics they will have to have variation in each class to get a good blend and also REAL tactics instead of easy ZERG brainless tactics !
Old 2012-04-15, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

You're asking for rock, paper, scissors. That is the core of PS2's balance.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-04-15, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
RNFB
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I would like to see class vs class i mean if the MAX in zerg is to much so one class have to be 200 % a threat to them

like in a well balanced game where pikeman with 50 % less troops are able to annilated cavalery !

thing like this this will unable to massive clan to use Zerg cheap tactics they will have to have variation in each class to get a good blend and also REAL tactics instead of easy ZERG brainless tactics !
I honestly don't understand what you're saying. You're like a bad translation.
Old 2012-04-15, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
You're asking for rock, paper, scissors. That is the core of PS2's balance.
i know whats the core of planetside is but i did not see any details yet about the balance so iam kinda worry about Zerg tactics since the game will not suport around 100 + players per factions it will be 500 to 600 players + per factions thats a huge numbers for Zerg massive clan and i can be worry about it i dont want the game die and only have elitist because on the $$ stand point a Minority playing the game will not provide enough $$ to SOE to continue to suport the game in a F2P model !

So yeah I want to be sure thats everything gonna be ok and balanced !

the beta will tell us but actually i woul like to see a Webcast about class and vehicules and weapons balance (( plans ))
Old 2012-04-15, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ertwin
Staff Sergeant

I think the heavy assaults counter MAXs, I recall reading that HAs will be more focused on AV.
Old 2012-04-15, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
I think the heavy assaults counter MAXs, I recall reading that HAs will be more focused on AV.
yeah but i would deeply like to see a SOE webcast about this very subject how they will balance the Anti Zerg tactics !
Old 2012-04-15, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SKYeXile
Major General

yea all pull duel AV maxes or HA AV...KILL THEM ALL.

as for countering the general zerg? lets hope the thumper makes a return

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-16, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Brusi
Contributor
Major

bring on the zerg... this is a massivly multiplayer online game!

and also... yeah... maybe be a bit more specific with what potentially "cheap" gameplay element is concerning you.

I don't think there will be any problem taking out a smaller less organised max crash. If someone can organise a 30+ unit max crash... then i feel they deserve all the domination they inflict.

Same goes for a lolplatoon of medics... i don't think it is cheap. Noone is going to completely stop playing all the other classes in leiu of medic, just because its fun to have a rezfesting zergarmy of medics. I expect that things like this that you are labeling as "cheap" won't work as well once people are aware of what is happening, because they will just grab the hard counter to it, as pig mentioned.

Generally speaking, this is a prime use for beta anyway... Enjoy your explotative time in the sun!

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-04-16, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Irish
Private

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I would deeply want to know what soe have planned to conter Cheap huge Zerg clan tactics such as overwhelming MAX units or reaver,scythe , mosquito etc..

i would like to see everything having a deep weakness while used in (( unbalanced numbers ))

I would like to see balanced class with conter class systhem !

ive seen to many games rts or fps where u cant use a single class and simply whipe out the ennemies i would like to see something that discourages players and huge clan mostly to use those kind of cheap tactics !

Zerg is effective because its simple, and promotes multiple players following a simple plan. i dont think they are any more overpowered then a same size group of super elite players.

their effectiveness is compounded by the lack of a plan and coordination on the receiving end.

if, as a group, the defenders rapidly executed an equally simple plan. ie decimator kill squad..(for a max crash) the initial shock of the crash can be eliminated quickly

in my opinion their doesnt have to be a direct game mechanic to counter a play strategy, it should be strategy to counter
Old 2012-04-16, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
HellsPanda
Corporal

The best way to deal with a Zerg, is for the empire to initiate multiple strikes at various bases, while some people harass the Zerg. This will greatly confuse a Zerg as to what needs to be done.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
The Kush
Captain

This is a MMOFPS, if you have the leadership to organize a zerg then more power to you. There is no rules to the game, if you organize a massive attack then hopefully the defending side has enough skill to organize a massive defense. The developers have been working hard to keep the game balanced, if an outfit flys over with 100 reavers, then have 100 AA guys shooting them down. Its a game of chess, if you arent smart enough to stop a zerg then you are going to lose your resources, this is the whole point of the game for the strategy player and its damn fun in my opinion. I love smashing a huge opposition zerg or leading a massive offensive zerg, these were some of my best memories of planetside 1. Max crashes lining up in towers and storming a base, organizing 10 galaxys to drop soldiers on an enemy base, these were the magical times you got to love about PS.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
HA apparently has some kind of shield that makes them good against big guns. Who knows how they'd handle MAXs. The balance apparently is going to be in the spawn timer and resource cost of MAXs. HA will be free I guess but you'll have to spend resources to use a MAX.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion