News: Totalbiscuit and Matt Higby Live Stream Discussion! - Page 16 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Game over man, game over!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-01, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #226
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Re: Totalbiscuit and Matt Higby Live Stream TODAY!

Incredible.... lost for words really!
Old 2012-06-01, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #227
Baron
First Sergeant

One of My Issues:

Matt (and the PS2 team) are going great lengths to give people the options to "play the game how WE want to play it" ....yet they force us to remain in contestable zones and not be able to skirt around the edges of conflict.

What if that's how I want/like to play? Please don't limit a certain game play style and feed me a "this is what's better for you" line.

I started playing PS1 on day one of retail release. At that time my computer was.... less than optimal. I couldn't go anywhere NEAR a base battle (of any size). Flying galaxy for transport, random isolated tower fights and battles "in the middle of nowhere" were all I could do...and I loved every second of it.

I hope we can get at least a little wiggle room (½ - 1 km perhaps) to enjoy the waves off the coast
Old 2012-06-01, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #228
MadPenguin
Sergeant

Does anyone know what resources can get you other than vehicles and grenades? Higby seemed to say only auraxium will be used for getting new guns. But as a grunt i just don't see myself being able to spend the rest of my 3 resources on grenades only. Has anything else been mentioned with regard to resource purchases?

Edit: Forgot to mention that the games looking awesome . I really liked how to tower interior looked, will be some nice fights in there.

Last edited by MadPenguin; 2012-06-01 at 10:01 AM.
Old 2012-06-01, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #229
Wolfhound
Private

Was anyone else disappointed that there's only going to be three continents? And that they're all going to have a sactuary warp gate from every empire?

One of the most fun things about Planetside 1 was that when you log in you could be fighting on an entirely different continent. And it was actually a challenge to take an Empire's home continents.

It seems to me that depending on server population you're going to have the same battle in the same place most days because even if you push someone all the way back to the warp gate, unlike in ps1 where there is the potential for you to push on to the next continent (unless it is a link to sanc) and secure the ground you've made, in ps2 there will be much less reason for people to leave a continent as they can just rearm in the warp gate an push out as soon as the defenders have left.

In planetside 1 at least the attackers would have to regroup in the sanctuary and at that stage they could chose to make an offensive on a different continent. I just feel like there aren't enough attack options, there's only 3 conts to launch an assault on so I can see it getting stale quite quickly...
Old 2012-06-01, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #230
Spoof
Corporal

Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
Was anyone else disappointed that there's only going to be three continents?
Pretty sure that's just an evolutionary thing, and only the beginning. They have plans that cover several years, and I'd expect the world to expand along with that.
Old 2012-06-01, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #231
HEISTT
Corporal

Hi all! This game seems amazing. The video made by TB and Matt Higby got me hooked! Combat and logistics are just my thing! Looking forward to the E3 stream.
Old 2012-06-01, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #232
Spoof
Corporal

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Not only is the map color a lot better but the HUD is also flatter. It used to be sort of angled and the one we saw in this stream was flat.
There's a slider in the UI to adjust between angled and flat. Also three mouse sensitivity sliders for UI/Soldier/Vehicle.

I'm hoping we can also move things around, as I prefer the map to be ontop, just off of center.
Old 2012-06-01, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #233
Miir
Malvision

Really enjoyed the stream. Can't wait to see it all come together for E3!
Old 2012-06-01, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #234
Satexios
Sergeant

Only thing I am worried about was said in the first few minutes of the game.

They have a system where they already know it will be exploited. And then you get the answer there are gm's to handle it? Looking at previous PS1 track records regarding hackers and cheaters and "today's" record with customer service in other games I do not like this answer at all.

It might be better to say "Okay we came up with a system that is flawed, how are we going to fix the holes?". Which for example can be to limit the amount certs earned in a certain time. Or perhaps redesign how certs are earned.

Other than that.. maybe a higher flight ceiling of 2K max but losing thrust at around 1700 which makes you stall at 2K.

The towers and inside of bases look a bit dull and empty, like they serve no purpose whatsoever in the world. Assume this is still in Alpha?

The rest looks all great by the way.

Last edited by Satexios; 2012-06-01 at 08:18 AM.
Old 2012-06-01, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #235
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
Was anyone else disappointed that there's only going to be three continents?
I would be if this were a boxed game, but for an MMO no, not at all. They'll add more as the game progresses, which is awesome because it'll keep things fresh.
Old 2012-06-01, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #236
Hamma
PSU Admin

I got to see Amerish under construction - it is looking badass.

As for the Scythe maneuverability (I think Malorn mentioned) the devs are still toying with how it reacts. They said it was severely OP when they first got it in so I don't think it's quite there yet balance wise.

Kevm0 is the vehicle master in PS2 - the shot of the Scythe cockpit I took was at his desk. He is the man that makes sure they all work right and knows all of their ins and outs.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-01, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #237
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Totalbiscuit and Matt Higby Live Stream Discussion!

I forgot to say earlier, great job TB your questions were on the button and thanks to Matt and Kev.
Old 2012-06-01, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #238
TrenchcoatNinja
Private

They're getting to be as awesome as Bohemia Interactive when it comes to war games, and the interior for the Sunderer, amazing, and with free look
Old 2012-06-01, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #239
polywomple
Staff Sergeant

oh my god the splattermax is back
Old 2012-06-01, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #240
bjorntju1
Captain

Going to watch the video now, can't wait for what I am about to see!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion