How far along? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only true cradle of the Hair God...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-20, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Kurtz
Master Sergeant

Re: How far along?

Pre order release date of 12/31/11 means that they have no release date, but it is the manufacturers desire to release the year of the date.

There have been many MMOs that have had a 12/31 release date that were pushed back 6 months to Q1 or Q2 of the following year, but usually the beta starts of the year of intended release....and in the beta they find reasons to push the date out.

I'm going with guess that Beta will be around the same time as BF3 comes out. Hopefully they won't release the game until Spring of 2012 when all the kinks are out and BF3 awe has worn off a bit.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-20, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I'm with Kurtz's assessment. Smed also said in the beginning of the public panel that they had started the project a year and a half ago. Most MMOs take 3-4 years to make, but this one doesn't require nearly as much content as an MMORPG, so its probably around 3 years. The engine is probably mostly done and as noted earlier in the thread we've seen a lot of assets. Hand-crafting each continent is probably the most time-consuming part of the process. 10 continents, thats a lot of square kilometers to be placing every piece of cover and shrubbery.

Something else we saw was that the territory conquest they talked about also seems to be actually in the game to some degree. Matt was describing it and then T-Ray helped him out in describing its "like an amoeba". From that I would wager that the territory control system is at least simulated if not already in the game, as they seemed to both know the behavior of what it looks like.

I too am in the May 2012 camp for release. I think we'll probably see a beta late in the year and it'll go on for about 3-4 months. Fall of 2012 is also a possibility and both of those dates give them a wide berth to BF3. Fall of 2012 would also put it at about the 3 year mark which is my rough estimate on the project. Summer-Fall of 2012 seems reasonable. All depends on the beta. release is likely about 6 months from the start of beta but you never know.
Old 2011-07-20, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Good news is once they get a whole cont completed and most of the gameplay nailed down they can start testing core combat.
No! God, why have you forsaken me!? Why!!!?????

Oh, wait. That wasn't capitalized. Carry on.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-20, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

You may not have liked the caves, but they were the only place BFR free after late 2004.
Old 2011-07-21, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

am thinking december 7th 2011 it will Launch. just my guess though could change from now to then
Old 2011-07-21, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Desoxy
Corporal

Originally Posted by Bruttal View Post
am thinking december 7th 2011 it will Launch. just my guess though could change from now to then
We should start a pool..
Old 2011-07-21, 05:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Desoxy View Post
We should start a pool..
LoL just for fun sure, heres the rules

Post the date you think the game will launch you will be given 5days ahead or behind your guess to be considred correct. closest to the offical launch date is the winner of ..... well pride in being an awsome physic lol
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-21, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

May 19th, 2012
Old 2011-07-21, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

May 15th, 2012.
Pre-orders are allowed to download the client and install the game starting on the 8th. During this time frame the game allows you to pre-select your character and previews the character tree. A patch is released on the 15th to the client to allow connection to the servers. Once the client is patched the player is allowed to select the server and name their character.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2011-07-21, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Hamma
PSU Admin

Why not May 22nd like the original game?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-21, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sentrosi View Post
May 15th, 2012.
Pre-orders are allowed to download the client and install the game starting on the 8th. During this time frame the game allows you to pre-select your character and previews the character tree. A patch is released on the 15th to the client to allow connection to the servers. Once the client is patched the player is allowed to select the server and name their character.
Where did you get this from?

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-21, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Hamma
PSU Admin

He has mad skills making things up they sound real

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion