Abusive account suspension - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The antidote for civilization
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-27, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
zebracolor
Private

Angry Abusive account suspension

Subject: Abusive account suspension

I play PlanetSide 2 since Beta the 9th November 2012.

I play with the same account since the release of the official version, Vanu sovereignty, and I spend two hours a day on average. I'm not a great player, with a K / D ratio of 0.52 but it rises up to 1.16 with assists, I play more in a support role for a team plays.

I did put money too because even if the game is a "free to play", it is more interesting with a little money in... Premium subscription, not queuing at the door, boots 6 month, and purchases of weapons and additional camo. A total of $290 in March ... with the subscriptions renewal and boost for 6 months.
5 days after my most recent purchases, I've been banned. Definitely. The reason: the use of third party software prohibited.
Problem: I do not use any cheat system/program/technics.
My comprehension of the problem (please no troll)
- February 2013: Massive Ban! 4,500 tickets a night (I know I did a report on an AIM Bot) in the morning ... 0 tickets and ban. No discussion possible.
- April 2013: I do not have details on the number of tickets now, but yesterday, I did a lot of "drifter" using the ability of horizontal flight maximum of Assault Leger, to move my Beacon placed on the top of a mountain, on top of a Watch Tower ... and seen from the ground, the player "walking in the air" ... like a wall hack! I guess some critics did not like that I kill them from the sky, made postponement or mass transfer. I do not blame the players. But against the control done by the SOE Support on this type of report is nonexistent: no check was made as to whether at the time of report, I did not have a massive use of drifter lvl5 which explain why .... So the more you delay, the more the player has a "chance" to be banned without checking ...
What to do? Talk? Trying to understand? Yes, I have tried to explain, understand.... Waste of time: there is no response from different people, all of which hide behind the terms of use: Article 4 titled "termination"

" We may terminate this Agreement (including your Game license and your Account) and/or suspend your Account immediately and without notice if: (a) you violate any provision of this Agreement, (b) you infringe any third party intellectual property rights, (c) we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us, (d) upon game play, chat or any player activity (including activity on Game forum postings) whatsoever which we, in our sole discretion, determine is inappropriate and/or in violation of the spirit of the Game, and/or (e) upon any violation of any of the Rules. If we terminate this Agreement or suspend your Account under these circumstances, you will lose access to your Account for the duration of the suspension without any refund for any Paid Content that you may have purchased. We may also terminate this Agreement if we decide, in our sole discretion, to discontinue offering the Game. In such a case, all licenses set forth herein will immediately terminate without reimbursement or refund to you "
This means: SOE may close your account with NO reason, with NO explanation, with NO refund and with NO appeal. You have a problem with it: contact the legal department of SOE, California:
Hello ZEBRACOLOR,

I can only give you the same information that my colleague French GM, I invite you to ask your legal representative contact by letter handwritten in English legal Sony Online Entertainment service at the following address:

Sony Online Department Legal Department
Sony Online Entertainment LLC
8928 Terman Court
San Diego, CA 92121

So you should get answers to your questions.

Unlabeled GM
Planet Side 2
Sony Online Entertainment
If we try to know more there is a closed answer:

Hello,

We are not allowed to give more details on your actions on the game PlanetSide 2.

Gm Francilien
PlanetSide 2
Sony Online Entertainment
No way of knowing why you were banned, postponed. No justification, no evidence. SOE he even something? I doubt it ... and for my case, I am certain, after 3 weeks of battles and discussions, not an explanation ... that the end to say:
"I'm going to close this ticket. "

I even noted legal irregularities in the process:
1) A GM asked me the following questions:
1. Station name -
2. Email address -
3. Date of birth -
4. Full name -
5. Zip Code -
6. The last 4 digits of the credit card used -
7. Key Account -
8. Answer to the secret question - Where were you born?
Is it okay to ask and receive answers to secret questions? Credit card numbers? I'm not sure in the US, and in France they are in violation of the CNIL rules!

2) Payments are collected by "SOE Trade London" in the UK. To what extent is the US California court is only legal way ? Is it possible to also watch the European laws, as payments are made in Europe. In this case, is Article 4 legal? These conditions may not be legal to a European court review? If you have any information on this possibility, do not hesitate to contact me.

3) Purchases held are a subscription service purchase for a long period of 6 months, or the provision of virtual "hardware" devices in a game. If those purchases are not available, the act of non-delivery can be likened to a thief act operated by SOE! I'm not sure that even the United States, a the full lecture of the article 4 withstand legal scrutiny, in the sense that SOE does not give, does not prove the violation of the games rules, but close the account without justification : a thief act !
Despite the fact that I continue to struggle to find my account with the experience, the financial investment on it, I have little hope of getting it back.

I have recreated an account on the same computer without uninstalling anything .... And I still play it for 20 days ... SOE does not detect any third party prohibited software, oddly because I have the same configuration ... it is true that I have not spent the 800 certs on Drifter lvl5 and 400 certs on the two C4 ....

I count on you to give the most publicity to my story, to spread it to all people playing the game or to those how wich to play on it, in all languages:
- gambling online blogs and forums
- Company forum
- Outfit forum
- Game magazines
- Facebook ...

with the main message play planetside2 because it is a good game but do not spend your money, do not buy any subscription, any boost, any SC to SOE: your investment may be stolen by SOE without warning, and without explanation, without possibility for you to know even just why !.

I'm also looking for legal help:
- Launch a class action in the USA.
- attack in SOE England, fundraising local legal subsidiary.

My goals are simple:
- Regain the use of my full account
- Force SOE to implement a real anti-cheat system
- Force SOE to really check the massive reports by players.

I seek only justice!

JDA ZEBRACOLOR

Last edited by zebracolor; 2013-04-27 at 06:00 PM.
Old 2013-04-27, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Re: Abusive account suspension

first calm down
Old 2013-04-27, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
snafus
Sergeant Major

now breathe.

Old 2013-04-27, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Falcon_br
Captain

Do you use the borderless window mode software?
I heard that it is detected as third party software and you will get banned for it.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-27, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Sorry, but there's nothing we can do about it here. This is something that only their Customer Support can handle. You could try hitting someone up on Twitter.
Closing this up.

In fealty to Planetside Universe (our undying home) and by the Grace of the Golden Hammer, I declare this thread closed for complaining about a ban put in place by SOE.

•Do not discuss bans put in place by SOE. These are customer service issues and should be discussed with SOE Customer Support

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion