Who won the war? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whatside?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-13, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
WaryWizard
Sergeant

Who won the war?

Planeside will eventually die after Planetside2 is released. It may not be instant, but I think it will happen. If this were to happen, something I would like to see is a statistic of the three factions. Something that shows the three factions, and what they have accomplished over these 9ish years. How many TR and NC have the Vanu killed since the beginning? How many bases has the TR captured? How many characters were created for NC? etc. I would find it interesting to be able to see all these statistics for each empire, and it may turn out that one empire did "better" throughout the course of this war.

I'm not sure if they would be able to gather all these stats, but it would be interesting if they could.

Also a statistic of Friendly Fire deaths would be fun to see.
Old 2012-03-13, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Re: Who won the war?

We all know the answer to this question. The TR, duh!

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2012-03-13, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
WaryWizard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
We all know the answer to this question. The TR, duh!
maybe on the bullets fired stat
Old 2012-03-13, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

The sad thing is that TR won. Earth TR. That came through the wormhole and just OSed the shit out of all planets, destroying everyone independently of their banner.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-03-13, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
alienmoose
Corporal

Well if you have seen Road House with Patrick Swayze then you would know nobody wins a fight.
Old 2012-03-13, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Would be nice to see one final battle. right around the time PS2 beta starts as soon as you lose your 2 home conts, its game over for that empire. would be fun to see who actually wins the war as a planetside's goodbye
Old 2012-03-13, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Saand
Private

They could put a war memorial kind of place for the original Planetside into one of the Planetside 2 continents to see how long the original war lasted, who had the most casualties etc.

Maybe a building with a terminal to access that gives info about the original Planetside with statistics and stuff in addition to a documentary style video to watch and a memorial wall with player names and outfits next to it, hey one can dream...

I would settle for a website with stats though, would be interesting to see some overall data for all those years, if they collected it that is.
Old 2012-03-14, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I retired and nobody has come to do anything about it, so I wager NC won.

Old 2012-03-14, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Canaris
Contributor
General

There's only one thing to do at a time like this,

The Terran Republic is declaring this a Victory! with no gives-backsies

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-03-14, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
The sad thing is that TR won. Earth TR. That came through the wormhole and just OSed the shit out of all planets, destroying everyone independently of their banner.
Pretty much this. Can't really respawn when all your respawn facilities are molten slag.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-03-14, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

Well, it's obvious the NC were the first to employ strategy early in the Planetside days. Everyday they captured the most bases, locked the most continents and generally beat every challenge thrown at them.

The time in-between the first server merge and the most recent merge to one server was a gray area. The VS actually ended up beating us alot, and the TR weren't too far behind. But when the final, combined server came the NC pushed em' back.

Hands down NC won.

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ
Old 2012-03-14, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Whalenator View Post
Hands down NC won.
Look at this, NC trying to take credit for a victory that never happened. Typical rebel scum.
Old 2012-03-14, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

NC probably won due to population advantage for many years. For one whole year on Markov, the NC hovered around 45-50% global pop. VS and TR had to be allies sometimes just to keep from being sanclocked. TR had periods of population mega-advantages too. I think the only time I recall the VS having a good pop advantage was the relatively short time the lasher was the uber superweapon of doom.
Old 2012-03-14, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
I would like to see the stats before the server merge and after.

Though I am TR, I think the NC got us beat on the merged server.
Thinking back to the leaderboards before they disappeared the NC were overly represented.

So if the question is, who got the most kills as an empire the answer is the NC.
Old 2012-03-14, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Spot on. Everyone needs to remember that the VS are a cult and the NC are a rebel faction, it's highly unlikely that they have forces anywhere near the TR's size given they could just conscript.

In terms of story and lore, TR would just reinforce and obliterate absolutely everyone under a shower of trillions of shots from an overwhelming force. Their bullets would blot out the sun, that sort of deal. Ludicrously overwhelming.

Unless of course you want to go down an alternate hypothetical storyline, the VS collecting Vanu technology could uncover something that could turn the war against the TR for example. I would suggest that in this kind of scenario the NC and VS would then work together, the VS get their culty magical technology and the NC form a new society in the wake of the great war against the TR. The catalyst for the two of them working together could simply be written of as the new tech they found is what they've been looking for all along.

Outside of lore/story, yes, I'd be interested to see graphs and other nerdy stuff of how things went over the many years the game has run.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion