Cycler vs Punisher.... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where normal is frowned on.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-19, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Cycler vs Punisher....

I would like to hear what you beta folk have to say about the punisher. I have heard lots of talk about most of the other weapons but not to much about the punisher. How does it stand up? Does anybody use it instead of their empire specific medium assault gun? How does that grenade launcher works and what all can you fire out of it? Thanks in advance.
Old 2003-04-19, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vash
Staff Sergeant

I actually used it for the first time in real combat last night, and I must say it's pretty fun.

It's not quite as accurate or powerful as the gauss (I play NC), but the grenade launcher *really* makes it great for medium range stuff.

To cycle between the gun and the launcher, just hit your right mouse button.
The launcher's a single-shot deal that can fire all types of grenades and the mini-rockets, and (obviously) fires them further than you can throw.

Hm, not sure what else to say...

I'd probably take it over the gauss indoors at this point. Combined fire from the launcher and the rifle can kill quite a bit faster than the gauss.
In fact, next time I play I'll probably edit my Punisher config to have more than the 12 frag grenades I have now. After one or two grenades, it doesnt take many bullets to drop someone

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-19, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Very cool, thanks for the reply, I think I might choose this over the cycler. Do any TR boys on here know how it stacks up to the cycler?
Old 2003-04-19, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I prefer the cycler over the punisher..

Less recoil, bigger mag.
Old 2003-04-19, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

The rocket reload is a little slow for furious firefights, but it's nice to have the flexibility.
Old 2003-04-19, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
r3d
Banned

Not to mention cycler is the fastest firing rifle in the game
Old 2003-04-19, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

u really cant hit anything with the punisher even if u burst. The good thing is the different nade types. I like the cycler, its the best.

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-04-19, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

My question is: why use a cycler when you can use an overpowered chaingun? (besides cert costs)
Old 2003-04-19, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
MilitantB0B
Colonel

I kinda figured that the chaingun would be a bit of a bullet hose. Therfore, in tight situations with lots of team mates, I want a bit more accuracy to keep those grief points down. When I get beta working I may find the chaingun to be better, but until then, I am assuming I will be using the cycler alot.
Old 2003-04-19, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
FliggenMan
Sergeant

this is a toughy 4 me
Old 2003-04-19, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Saint
Captain

The Mini-Chaingun got nerfed to high heaven in the last patch, the CoF is bigger than your screen now after the 4th shot.
Old 2003-04-19, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Saint
The Mini-Chaingun got nerfed to high heaven in the last patch, the CoF is bigger than your screen now after the 4th shot.
that can't be true. They said in the patch notes that out of all the anti-infantry weapons it has the longest burst before cof kicks in.
Old 2003-04-20, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ruthless
Sergeant

oh hey hey, lets get back on topic

cycler or punisher?

punisher seems sweeter on paper. (if you could only carry one rifle)
Old 2003-04-20, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I've been seeing TR troops (me included) use both the Cycler and the Punisher together. I've been loading the Punisher for AP and using the rockets on armored targets. Not to say its been a success. (Reinforced armor, btw). I've also seen TR just use the punisher just because of its capability.
Old 2003-04-20, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Irnbru
Contributor
Master Sergeant

i tried out the Punisher in VR and the Cycler works better for my style of combat. It's more accurate at range and up close it fires faster. However, i do pick up a guass at every opportunity for some overpowered fun.

Chaingun has longest burst b4 recoil kicks in, but the CoF starts out much bigger than any assault rifle, so there is no way to get sniped by a chain gun

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion