The Enclave wants YOU! [NA] - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma gets e-mails abot putting his pants on
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-16, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #211
lazars
Private

Re: The Enclave wants YOU! [NA]

You guys sound like the real deal, I'm sure you'll be kicking ass in PS2 (I may apply).

One question though, what's the reasoning behind all of the swastikas and nazi related items on your public forums (in the enclave oilrig website, in signatures of members and in postings)? Is that an official theme of The Enclave or is there some other reasoning behind it? Just curious.

Thanks
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-16, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #212
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

The only iconography of which you speak is Buzz's signature, which is actually a giant troll, and you took the bait.

People accuse us of all sorts of absurd things, and long ago we started trolling them by being overly eccentric and playing into the stereotype at their expense.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #213
lazars
Private

thanks, the clarification is appreciated
Old 2012-07-16, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #214
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by lazars View Post
You guys sound like the real deal, I'm sure you'll be kicking ass in PS2 (I may apply).

One question though, what's the reasoning behind all of the swastikas and nazi related items on your public forums (in the enclave oilrig website, in signatures of members and in postings)? Is that an official theme of The Enclave or is there some other reasoning behind it? Just curious.

Thanks
Originally Posted by lazars
Read your stuff on PSU and have looked through the forums, you seem like a very well put together / organized outfit. I typically like to play roles more on the support side (gal pilot, medic, engineer etc.) so certainly looking for a group like this.

One quesiton though, what's with all of the swastikas and nazi sigs in some of the users forums? Is that an offical theme of the Enclave?

Thanks

I kid! I kid!

In all seriousness I am glad you asked this question. In all honesty the only person who has any Nazi imagery is me with my signature and avatar combo and that's simply done as a mockery of those who believe we are a Nazi hate group.

There are a lot of very compelling arguments against Enclave Nazism such as how in Company of Heroes we all play as the Allies or when playing Day of Defeat we abstain from imbalanced Nazi weaponry and instead play as the USA.

Another fine example is my taste in firearms!

Here you can see my M1911, faithful servant to the U.S. fighting man for over 100 years.

Here you will see my reloading bench with a fine collection of original M1 Garands... the very same rifles used to beat back the Nazis and secure freedom for the entire world.

This is my WW1 M1897 Trench Gun. Another fine weapon which served our soldiers since WW1.

Do you notice something here? There aren't any filthy Nazi weapons in my ALL AMERICAN arsenal. You wont find me walking around with a K98 Rifle or a P-38 pistol. No sir! Only good ole' fashion AMERICAN STEEL for this man.

TLDR: We're not Nazis. If my Sig/Avatar offends people they probably don't belong here.
Old 2012-07-17, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #215
Natir
Sergeant

Only a true American would have that kind of a collection!
Old 2012-07-17, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #216
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Yes! A true, red, white and blue american.
Old 2012-07-17, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #217
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

I have Carbines and a B.A.R too!

There are a lot more classic military firearms in those two safes as well.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-17, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #218
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Our great leader is so awesome he commands discussion! In TB's latest video from the SOE community event people in the background can be heard talking about the man himself - BuzzCutPsycho!

17:50 it starts and you can still hear his name 15 seconds later.
Old 2012-07-17, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #219
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

I am pretty impressive.
Old 2012-07-17, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #220
KrazeyVIII
Corporal

How many other outfits have a leader that is clearly discussed about on a daily basis in the Planetside universe?

None.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #221
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Must be my award winning personality.
Old 2012-07-18, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #222
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

What would we name the award!?
Old 2012-07-18, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #223
Kuraudo
Private

I just wanted to <del>quickly</del> share what The Enclave means to me and why I sincerely hope to see even more new blood above and beyond the flood that has joined since we started actively recruiting for Planetside 2.

You probably are already well aware of what makes The Enclave effective in every game we decide to grace with our presence thanks to earlier posts, but what you might not know is what sets us apart from merely being an outfit which excels at what it does.

Your typical infantryman in The Enclave is an average player who aspires to be more. We have a selection of top tier talent, but we're no leetfit who bars lesser players like myself from contributing to our excellence.

In fact, what's truly amazing about The Enclave is that people like myself don't aspire to be more like "Amazing FPS player X." We only care about being the best cog in The Enclave warmachine that we can possibly be, all for the glory of the organization. Inevitably, that means trying to be as good a player as Buzz (Amazing FPS player X) is. Interestingly, outside of The Enclave, FPS skill is completely worthless to me. Playing with The Enclave, however, I find that desire for skill and usefulness builds into an all-consuming desire to elevate myself for the good of my comrades and the glory of our proud traditions.

I don't want to be a famous Planetside 2 player; I want to be the best infantryman in The Enclave that I can hope to be. I want to elevate everyone else in The Enclave, even when that means I neglect my personal in-game success. It's not group-think which makes me desire this; it stems purely from the fact that I like everyone I play with and I want to help deliver to them the best possible time they can have playing with all of us. The fact that this involves winning just means we tend to win a lot at everything we do together.

As you can probably guess, people in The Enclave are a cut above the rest, and that starts directly from the top with Buzz. While Buzz's charisma is probably evident from the moment you talk to him on Teamspeak, The Enclave is filled with standup guys you simply are not going to find anywhere else because, ultimately, they're all going to end up here anyway.

While I joined The Enclave relatively recently in early 2010, I share a fierce pride with the other members of our accomplishments in every game we've entered (and inevitably dominated). The reason for this is simple: The Enclave is more than just the premier Planetside 2 outfit, it is a culture of excellence that instills a unique loyalty in its membership not found anywhere else.

We're not just an outfit; The Enclave is a culture unto itself and I want as many of you as possible to try and be a part of something amazing.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-18, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #224
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Kuraudo is an example of the sort of player that is the foundation of Enclave success.

Teamwork, a desire for self-improvement, and a vision for accomplishing something larger than oneself.

These are the things that have fueled the Enclave's great achievements in everything we do. If you share those values, by all means please check us out!
Old 2012-07-18, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #225
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

We recruited him from an RP-PvP server in WoW!
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic