PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Celine Dion should just go away.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-14, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #136
Razicator
First Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music

Very "Mass Effect" feel on the VS theme song, I like! Too bad I'm TR.
Old 2012-06-14, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #137
The Janitor
Sergeant

Great stuff, thank you very much!
Old 2012-06-14, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Ratstomper
Major

You guys did awesome music! I dig the NC themes (NC4life!).
Old 2012-06-19, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
Luieburger
Sergeant

So will this game generate 7.1 surround sound, or will it be limited to 5.1? I'm buying audio hardware specifically for this game, so I'd like to know what to expect.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-19, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Rodney Gates
PlanetSide 2
Audio Director

We've been receiving our final mixes these past couple of weeks and they've just turned out great. You'll all be able to hear it soon enough!
Old 2012-07-19, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
Hamma
PSU Admin

Can't wait!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-19, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
Rodney Gates
PlanetSide 2
Audio Director

Originally Posted by Luieburger View Post
So will this game generate 7.1 surround sound, or will it be limited to 5.1? I'm buying audio hardware specifically for this game, so I'd like to know what to expect.
You will be all set. Most 3D games naturally generate audio in surround, whether it's 5.1 or 7.1. We use Auzentech and HT Omega surround cards in our PCs, using either DTS or Dolby Live-encoded optical outputs to our receivers, and they decode beautifully. Standard miniplug analog outputs will work just as well.

Nothing sounds better than hearing the battle all around you. :-)
Old 2012-07-19, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
Razicator
First Sergeant

Since you're here, I was wondering if you know that the music will be uploaded anytime soon by SOE onto Youtube. It's sooner and generally better quality if coming straight from the source than from some rip in-game with additional compression by the user and Youtube.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-19, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
Rodney Gates
PlanetSide 2
Audio Director

Originally Posted by Razicator View Post
Since you're here, I was wondering if you know that the music will be uploaded anytime soon by SOE onto Youtube. It's sooner and generally better quality if coming straight from the source than from some rip in-game with additional compression by the user and Youtube.
Agreed. We are working on a behind the scenes piece with the music, and the music itself may possibly end up on our official SOE YouTube channel. Stay tuned!
Old 2012-07-19, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
Zekeen
Major

I gotta ask, are you guys going to literally flood our ears with hundreds of simultaneous different sounds in the game, to where there's almost no solid silence? (though maybe at night silence would be awesome until the troops march in).

From the way the game seems now, it feels like it's "lacking" in it's own sense. It's already got more sound than anything I've seen but it feels like it's aiming to be even more. I can only guess that the finished work is going to almost be an orchestra of sound, not to mention flow well with the music.

It's got me rather excited to see how much the finished music will get my blue blood boiling and ready for action!
Old 2012-07-19, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
Reizod
Contributor
Master Sergeant

The most important question... when can I download PS2 ringtones for my iPhone???
Old 2012-07-19, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Modifactions can be made to the engine, much similar to how hacking is present in modern times, so that the game can be injected with what it needs to make the game playable to you.

SOE will have their hands full in stopping actual hackers from corrupting the game's experience to stop what I have in mind.

Now I haven't talked to Don Ferrone in quite some time but I know this, he was worried about his music that HE composed not being in the game. IF this happens, I am ultra confident that his music will be posted and I will personally see to an injection program that will be completely within SOE's EULA and terms of use to allow that music to be played and for those of us who actually enjoy the music of a game, you will be able to hear what it should be.

I am heart felt on this for no reason and the 400 response thread we got from this community means they are heart felt on this as well. The lack of Don Ferrone's music will be the lack of Planetside 2's experience.
Hacking... Don's music...injecting program..... What???? You have officially broken my brain from random irrelevance. I have no idea why you're quoting me there, seems like you were answering something else, what you are answering, I can't tell.

It was a question for Rodney on how thick the sound in game will be with how many different simultaneous sounds working at the same time to give the game a much more rampant alive feeling than just a few sounds that other games give.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-19, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
Rodney Gates
PlanetSide 2
Audio Director

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
I gotta ask, are you guys going to literally flood our ears with hundreds of simultaneous different sounds in the game, to where there's almost no solid silence? (though maybe at night silence would be awesome until the troops march in).

From the way the game seems now, it feels like it's "lacking" in it's own sense. It's already got more sound than anything I've seen but it feels like it's aiming to be even more. I can only guess that the finished work is going to almost be an orchestra of sound, not to mention flow well with the music.

It's got me rather excited to see how much the finished music will get my blue blood boiling and ready for action!
We are in a constant state of tuning of the game's soundscape, especially based on larger-population playtests. The amount of sound that will flood your ears will be proportional to the population that is in a given area, though we are working on priority schemes and control measures to keep things optimal for different "sound quality" (mostly voice count) settings a player may set, just as art and effects are doing with their work.

The game is a never-ending battlefield and the audio will definitely represent that. :-)
Old 2012-07-19, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
Kemeros
Private

Can't... wait x(
Old 2012-07-20, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #150
MockZero2
Private

More reverb!!!!!!!... oh wait, I doubt that's even possible.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion