Bridge fighting rules 101 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It has farms, too!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-02, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
JakeLogan
Major

Bridge fighting rules 101

Last night on Cyssor I was in a tank when some other idiot in a tank stopped in front of me. Causing my tank to be blown up. Well afterwards I came up with this only some base rules feel free to add on to it.

Rule #1:Vehicles on the left infantry on the right
Rule #2:NEVER EVER Stop on the bridge while in a vehicle.
Rule #3: If some infantry gets in front of you RUN HIS ASS OVER!
Please add your rules.
Old 2004-03-02, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Rule #4: Play VS and bypass all chokepoints with mindless simplicity.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-03-02, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Rule #5 - Send a guy with a thumper loaded with Jammer grenades in front to clear the mines...nothing blocks traffic like a tank wreck.

Rule #6 - Skyguards should be set up in defense on your side of the bridge

Rule #7 - Destroy any Flails shelling the bridge from afar (friend or foe...if they're just spamming the bridge they keep your guys from moving)

Rule #8 - Snipers, Snipers, Snipers...need tons of them to suppress the far side.

Rule #9 - Use targeting lasers to get Flail shots on the enemy defenses on the other side.

Rule #10 - Don't forget to watch under the bridge for infiltrators and other bothers.
Old 2004-03-02, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Veteran
Rule #4: Play VS and bypass all chokepoints with mindless simplicity.
Old 2004-03-02, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Rule #11 - Deliverers are your friend, if you've got one, use it.

Rule #12 - Let the tanks go first. If your a grunt, don't clog up the bridge, let the vehicles get across then follow them, you'll just get in the way if you go first (jammer/thumpers are the exception of course)
Old 2004-03-02, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Rule #12a - If you're out in front without Jammers...your new callsign shall be "Pancake"

Rule #13 - When shooting at a bridge from the water (Mag drivers) that the bridge railings block shots, aim a little higher.

Rule #14 - You might want to consider pulling back when you see four Galaxies fly by (the number of times people haven't figured this one out...MARKOV TR )
Old 2004-03-02, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

Rule #15 Suicide runs in a harasser pwn you all
Old 2004-03-02, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Or instead of subjecting the intelligent people to your stupidity, you can play smarter.

No infantry should be crossing a bridge on foot, unless he is behind a solid wall of tanks. Any dumbfuck that runs out exposed deserves whatever happens to him.

The bridge on Ceryshen is a prime example. On the south end, we can set up Sunderers and tanks to stop anything coming across, while Reavers and Mosquitos fly combat air patrols over it. Flail fire works well, as does Lodestar support.

Get a clue- play smarter, not harder. Unless you're NC or VS on Emerald, then by all means let us soak up your XP.
Old 2004-03-02, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Paintballboy
Rule #15 Suicide runs in a harasser pwn you all
ROFL. Incidentally, I friken hate the idiots that think they can get across these battles in basilisks and after they get pwned, thier husks clog up the bridges

Infantry shouldnt be crossing the bridge at all. You should be in a Gal, or a Deliverer or operating some vehicle. Let the vehicles do the work and make sure you have Special ops pounding thier links and a second force on the flank. Finally have flails firing deep into heart of the opposition's base of operations. If you dont have a vehicle, cant snipe, or dont want to gun, go in with the Flank forces or do special ops

Last edited by Queensidecastle; 2004-03-02 at 04:05 PM.
Old 2004-03-02, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

When I'm on foot or in a MAX I always jump up on the rails and run across. No need for me to get out of anyones way and I can dive off the bridge and go swimming if the enemy comes charging across.
Old 2004-03-02, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
TheN00b
Colonel

During bridge battles, I always try to get into a Lib with one of my squaddies. It's insane what one Liberator, let alone a small squadron, can do to a bridge clogged with Prowlers.
Old 2004-03-02, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

#16: Stock up on Phoenixes and call in Reavers to deal with the fucking VS Threshers and GayRiders.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-03-02, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Reavers, and Sniper become your best friends

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-02, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

#17: Always have multiple AMS's up at your side of the bridge.

Old 2004-03-02, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

#18: Don't walk in front of snipers. I can't tell you how many friendlies I've killed that think they can just run in front of snipers while they are firing off round after round in rapid succession. I really like when they are cloakers and they think they can do it. One less idiot running around when they jump in front of the barrel.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion