Stop saying the Vanu Are Underpowered!!! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because you can see the flames from orbit.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-13, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

The only problem with the chaingun stats is the assumption that 10 out of 10 shots will hit. I've never bothered to spend the certs needed (as I'd originally planned to) for the Mini Chaingun because in VR training with stationary targets it was taking ~18 rounds to take out infantry (due to the shots missing). Obviously you could choose to decrease the CoF and not just pound out ammo but in this case it would have actually taken more time to do that. Using AP rounds on infantry only increased you to ~22 rounds so I'm not sure why you'd carry anything but AP with the Chaingun. Even a close MAX target in VR would take over a clip (100 shots) of AP rounds to take out if you just let the Chaingun fire without releasing the button and I decided that by shooting in bursts it was still an unacceptable period of time to take a MAX down. You have to be so close for the Chaingun to be able to do anything, but if you're that close to a MAX you're most likely not walking out of that room if they're smart enough to keep you in front of them.
That CoF needs a tweak pretty badly, I don't want to spend the certs and then go on Jackhammer searches to find a weapon worth the 4 points.
Old 2003-06-13, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

You are also making the assumption that all of the lasher shots hit.. which also is VERY VERY rare. So the comparison still stands. Shot per shot and damage over time the lasher doesnt stand up to either hvy assault.
Old 2003-06-13, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Slice
Sergeant

I've actually fallen to the Jackhammer-hunt tactic. I currently have 3 phoenixes, 3 gausses, 7 jackhammers, 3 mag-scatters, and a few other assorted odds and ends, such as med kits, grenades, etc. The only time the Chaingun is good is when:
1) You come up from behind the person, and surprise them. (Even this isn't foolproof, the flip around with a jackhammer and unload all 3 barrels on ya )
2) In a small, crowded room with few to no friendlies (such as a CC room)
3) You're destroying the newly spawned people from an AMS while your hacker hacks it.

Other then that, the chaingun sucks MAJOR. But hey, until when/if they change it, jackhammer hunting is fine with me!

(You should see the surprise evident when they are getting fired upon by their own weapon )
Old 2003-06-13, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Jarlo
You are also making the assumption that all of the lasher shots hit.. which also is VERY VERY rare. So the comparison still stands. Shot per shot and damage over time the lasher doesnt stand up to either hvy assault.
It's still not a straight comparison. First of all, the chaingun from VERY close range is still just better than 50%. Secondly, there is no damage at all done if you miss with a chaingun whereas the Lasher obviously still does damage. Because of that benefit, it should take more direct hits for the lasher to kill than the others. It makes no sense to have it equally powerful and to let it hurt people it doesn't hit. I do think it could use a speed increase, but I also think you might have to lessen the lashing effect in that case which might negate the benefit anyway. It seems like right now the Jackhammer is the only heavy assault that's actually working like you'd think it would.
Old 2003-06-13, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

I agree the chaingun isnt that good, I have used it myself many times.

The lash on the lasher is VERY overrated. It does 5 hp 5 armor if it passes very close to you.. only 33 shots to kill standard infantry--- LOOK OUT NOW!

8)

The main advantage of the lasher is that it does decent against vehicles and max without changing ammo. Esepcially anchored maxes where they sit still so you can unload your whole clip into them from 100 yards 8)

However the dev team is at least looking at the data on VS, which is all I really wanted. Im happy playing them but the only vs specific thing I use is magrider.
Old 2003-06-13, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Kikinchikin

oh and white, If you wanna play by BR, then I'm BR 13 and 1/2 so dont give me any shit about that. And while it isn't quite as high as your "illustrious BR 15," I for one have a life and friends and a job so STFU you stupid "ROOKIE"

Yes i used ur word u stupid fool.
Old 2003-06-14, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

I mean, considering the devs admitted that VS is underpowered, obviously it's just a giant conspiracy and not a valid problem with the faction.

The "observation" that VS is "unskilled" is such a fucking cop-out.

Here's the giant, glaring problem with VS: at the end of the day it all comes down to two things: Medium Assault and MAXes. The most common weapon type carried and the most effective ground assault armor are the two biggest determiners in whether or not a base capture works. We have the worst in both categories. Period. End of story. Fix the pulsar and our MAXes and we might be able to hold our own.
Old 2003-06-14, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Crono
Second Lieutenant

The Magrider pwns me with it's amazing ability to run me over.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion