So how do ground Vehicles really help - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't Lash me, Bro.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-12-23, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
BeyondNinja
Private

Re: So how do ground Vehicles really help

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I would go even further and give them four person crews:

Operator w/ new Flash style forward oriented weapons (pretty much only a Kobalt), Main Gunner, Secondary Gunner, and Spotter/Commander (the S/C would also use a Kobalt). The Spot Slot would be special in that it only gives a hud indicator to the other tank crew. Spot Slot spots pot rot shot...

Uh, infantry won't be spottable with the special command seat.

Increase the resource cost to 100% of the pool, quadruple the hitpoints, merge the armor upgrades into one cert (like every other vehicle in the game), halve C-4 damage agains them, and give the owner of the vehicle 100% XP earned by occupants (when the owner is inside). That allows the owner to not necessarily be the driver or a gunner.

Disallow internal seat swapping when the vehicle is in motion.
If every tank had two anti-infantry machine guns by default, what would be the point of ES AI secondaries? (disregarding the fact that the NC variant already has no point)

Personally I think 4 seats is a bit over the top, as within a game the Tank Commander role is kind of redundant. I do however support the idea of either making tanks 3 seaters (driver has no weapon) or switching the primary and secondary guns so the gunner handles the main gun.
Old 2015-07-31, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
gabygriffon
Private

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
If you buff tanks alot to make them on par with what a Tank is suppose to be then you need to give them a really nasty expensive resource cost and the forbidden concept: Three-man crews w/ dedicated driver to make these powerful war machines somewhat balanced in there complexity.

But it will never happen because any joe can spawn a MBT and solo it, such a broken fraking system...

I can only dream of such awesomeness....
+1
Old 2015-07-31, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Mordelicius
Major

Necro aside,

PS2 Vehicle flaws:
- Vehicles' firing ability can't be locked/disrupted by infantry (jamming signal)
- Vehicles' mobility can't be frozen by any infantry weapon (for a short period of time).

Hence, Vehicles and Infantry are segregated by the Devs with walls/LOS blockage. I've suggested those post launch I think and would have been better solution.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion