Stop saying the Vanu Are Underpowered!!! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mmm... Beefy
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-12, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

I really thionk only the lasher needs help-- Speeding up the balls and/or increasing damage per hit would be enough.

Oh and have you tried playing a VS MAX? They suck nuts. Even the NC ones are SOOOOOOOOOOO much better.

I have a br 11 NC and br 14 VS.. Trust me the grass IS greener for the NC! (except I luv the magrider)
Old 2003-06-12, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

And I was driving a vanguard around last night and I ran over a few infantry and took NO DAMAGE. It is harder to hit them without the strafing of a magrider but the magrider ALWAYS takes about 10% damage ramming someone.. vanguard took liteerally 0 damage from smooshing infantry.
Old 2003-06-12, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

My main two gripes about Vanu are the beamer and the glowy knife. The two main weapons of a stealther and they both totally give away your position.

They should really just do away with the beamer secondary mode... what do they think you are going to do with ap rounds in a handgun?.... kill a max? The gun is "balanced" (ie doesn't hit as hard, less accurate and has a low ROF) because of the secondary mode which is totally worthless. Also everytime you fire you basicly set off a homing beacon to your location.

I know the glowy knife looks cool.... but looking cool isn't what a stealther wants... if it must glow, then it shouldn't make ANY noise or do substantially more damage than the other knives!

Other than those two things, i think the vanu are very well balanced.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-06-12, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Originally posted by Agent White
Today was my first day with the lasher. It owns.
Ugh... I read until right here... and then I almost threw up in disgust. I h8 to flame, but it seems most of the stuff you post is inaccurate, untrue, and downright insanity.

Lasher ALWAYS fires straight ahead. Strafe with it.

You'd be surprised how useless the jackhammer is against a moving target, and how hard it is to dodge lasher fire when trying to shoot said moving target.
You, sir, are a newb. With heavy assault, you DO NOT just duck and shoot. That should(?) be common knowledge by now... And that statement about the Jackhammer is a complete lie. Obviously a moving target will always be harder to shoot, but it's even more difficult to blast someone who is strafing your slow moving Lasher orbs. You allegedly can lead the shots, but you have to play psychic and guesstimate where teh enemy is going to strafe and assume that they are stupid and will not dodge incoming Lasher fire. Yes, you can dodge it quite easily. I do all the time. In a close range fight between Lasher and Jackhammer, the Jackhammer will ALWAYS win.

The Cycler and the jackhammer are severely limited when you are not crouched or at point blank range.

The Lasher isn't limited in that way at all. Lasher strafing a crouched Jackhammer fiend who is consistently missing you is so easy it's almost unfair.
You really are a newb, aren't you? Comparing the Jackhammer and the Cycler is like comparing the Thresher to the Vanguard. Sure, they're both vehicles but their purposes are much different. Cycler is the catch-all: short, medium, and long range weapon. The Jackhammer is specialized: melee to very short range (for full damage). Oh, and the Cycler is actually a very accurate weapon. It's RoF is very nice and it's recoil is very nice as well. It'd be a toss up between Cycler and Gauss for me. Both are so much better than the Pulsar.

Instead of being afraid of TR and NC Heavy Assault weapons, go try them out in the shooting range on other servers. Move while shooting etc. Learn their weaknesses and exploit them instead of using the same old tactic for every weapon in your arsenal.
That's EXACTLY what I did with the VS! After playing them and knowing exactly where their weapons failed to be useful, I could take down VS much easier. Especially newbs who were using the Lasher or Pulsar. Jeez, what were they thinking? Did they want to lose or something?

Agent White... I don't believe in the saying that you equal your postcount, but it is obvious that you need to play the game more before you make wildly inaccurate statements.
Old 2003-06-12, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
JakeLogan
Major

BURN!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Jarlo bullshit even the prowler which has the most armor of all the tanks takes some damage when it runs someone over.
Old 2003-06-12, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Agent White
Private

Originally posted by Zarparchior
Ugh... I read until right here... and then I almost threw up in disgust. I h8 to flame, but it seems most of the stuff you post is inaccurate, untrue, and downright insanity.
You are in the minority then.

You, sir, are a newb. With heavy assault, you DO NOT just duck and shoot.
Yet so many people that face me... do. I guess because it helps the accuracy of the weapon they're firing. When they don't, they don't hit me. When they do, I hit them more often. You don't have to agree with my experience, but I have no reason to lie.

That should(?) be common knowledge by now... And that statement about the Jackhammer is a complete lie. Obviously a moving target will always be harder to shoot, but it's even more difficult to blast someone who is strafing your slow moving Lasher orbs.
What you see as common knowledge isn't so common on Markov.

My whole point being that while many weapons in the game become more accurate while crouched, the lancer's effectiveness remains fairly uniform. Don't question me, question the firing range.

You allegedly can lead the shots, but you have to play psychic and guesstimate where teh enemy is going to strafe and assume that they are stupid and will not dodge incoming Lasher fire.
?? I got about 2.5:1 kills using strictly lasher close range fighting TR tonight. I guess everyone I killed was "stupid".

All I did was instead of firing at where "opponent A" is standing at the time, I'd fire on either side of him and move backwards. TR and NC like to close distance because their weapons are usually more effective the closer they get.. The lasher doesn't share that property, so I usually back up while shooting on either side of the target. You may have superhuman twitch reflexes and be able to dance an encompassing barrage of lasher fire, but not everyone can, or does.

Yes, you can dodge it quite easily. I do all the time. In a close range fight between Lasher and Jackhammer, the Jackhammer will ALWAYS win.
Then get to Markov, TR needs you.

You really are a newb, aren't you?
Yep, BR15 newb. My screencap is in the pic thread.

Comparing the Jackhammer and the Cycler is like comparing the Thresher to the Vanguard.
Jackhammer and Cycler are better weapons the closer they are to the target, as opposed to say the Lancer, which is better the farther away the target is. Even a "newb" like me knows that. Therefore since they have a common strength (and weakness), I believe they aren't exactly "apples to oranges".

Sure, they're both vehicles but their purposes are much different. Cycler is the catch-all: short, medium, and long range weapon.
So you're telling me that the Cycler is equally effective holding the trigger down point blank as it is holding the trigger down at 4x zoom base-to-tower distance? Are you sure you're playing "Planetside"? Wherever the Cycler snipers are, they sure aren't racking up any kills on me.

The Jackhammer is specialized: melee to very short range (for full damage).
On Markov, the Cycler only does full damage (maximum damage at maximum firing rate) at very close range as well. Apparently your server is different. Do they have a "cone of fire" where you play?

Oh, and the Cycler is actually a very accurate weapon. It's RoF is very nice and it's recoil is very nice as well. It'd be a toss up between Cycler and Gauss for me. Both are so much better than the Pulsar.
Yes, I'm sure it puts the lancer to shame. I've already explained my position on the Pulsar, but since I have both Lasher and Lancer certs, I have no reason to use it. I did use it once tonight to make sure it was still a viable combo with the lasher in combat, and it certainly was.

That's EXACTLY what I did with the VS! After playing them and knowing exactly where their weapons failed to be useful, I could take down VS much easier. Especially newbs who were using the Lasher or Pulsar. Jeez, what were they thinking? Did they want to lose or something?
Yes, I can see you now, standing on that lone mountaintop, site implant zoomed into 12x, picking off Vanu snipers with your cycler from halfway across the continent...

At the range which a Cycler becomes much more effective than the lasher, I switch to Lancer, or surge closer. As with most weapons, there is a "sweet spot" in range for the Lasher.

Agent White... I don't believe in the saying that you equal your postcount, but it is obvious that you need to play the game more before you make wildly inaccurate statements.
I'm gonna run out of BRs before I even get a chance to learn the ropes.

What's yours again?

In closing, I'd like to quote your valuable contribution to the "Stupid TR Complaints" thread:

STFU n00b!!!! TR r teh WIN WE WILL CRUSEH uUUUU~U~~~~~~ u winy bastd complinaed to much abuot TR winig to much ad thye NERFED TRT!!!! NOW THEY GIMP YOU SUXKC!!!!! cuz u winy bastd

kthxbye I IWN INWIN INWINI IWNIN IWNINWIN INWINWIN IWNINW INWIN WINW INWIN INWIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sigh.

Last edited by Agent White; 2003-06-12 at 11:43 AM.
Old 2003-06-12, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Hamma
I personally feel that all the empires are fairly well balanced.
Old 2003-06-12, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Hamma
PSU Admin

I have always felt that way. I do not bitch and complain that my empire is too weak because I got owned on one or two occasions

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-12, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

ummm Hamma, thats cause your Terran
Old 2003-06-12, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

The NC need slightly (like 15-25%) stronger pheonixes and the VS need faster ball orb thingies. That's it. Everything is perfect otherwise.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-06-12, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Tryndamere
Sergeant

Agent White > u * 100
Old 2003-06-12, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by Hamma
The VS were underpowered for the majority of beta, however they can more than hold their own now. I personally feel that all the empires are fairly well balanced.
Old 2003-06-12, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Tricky
Contributor
Corporal

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
The NC need slightly (like 15-25%) stronger pheonixes and the VS need faster ball orb thingies. That's it. Everything is perfect otherwise.
Fine, make the phoenix stronger and why not faster, and easier to steer? I'll have no problems with it once you give strikers the ability to shoot around corners and buildings. Thru building lock-on.
Old 2003-06-12, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Seer
Major

Stop saying 'Stop saying the Vanu are underpowered'.

I swear, you guys are posting way, way more than the people actually posting about the vanu weaknesses. After all, if there were many threads about it in the first place, you could just respond to them instead of starting new ones.
Old 2003-06-12, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
SpacemanSpiff
First Sergeant

"Yes, you can dodge it quite easily. I do all the time. In a close range fight between Lasher and Jackhammer, the Jackhammer will ALWAYS win." -Zarp
"Then get to Markov, TR needs you." -White

White, what are you talking about? The Jackhammer is an NC weapon, so you're reply to Zarp made no sense whatsoever.

"Yep, BR15 newb. My screencap is in the pic thread." -White

Being BR15 is hardly an effective statement in declaring yourself a non-newb. I'm not saying you are, but most people know that a high BR rank means diddly squat about a person's in-game effectiveness. I'd rather gun with a good BR3 player than a BR20 with questionable ability. Really, everyone needs to stop declaring themselves BR15+ and, therefore, better than everyone that is not.

"Sure, they're both vehicles but their purposes are much different. Cycler is the catch-all: short, medium, and long range weapon." -Zarp
"So you're telling me that the Cycler is equally effective holding the trigger down point blank as it is holding the trigger down at 4x zoom base-to-tower distance? Are you sure you're playing "Planetside"? Wherever the Cycler snipers are, they sure aren't racking up any kills on me." -White

First of all, 4x zoom is not "base-to-tower distance." Secondly, the cycler is effective at short, medium, and long range. It's effectiveness at short range can be utilized with the "holding [of] the trigger" as you put it. However, everyone that is not a "newb" understands that medium to long range within Planetside can only be capitilized by short bursts - i.e. the tapping of the trigger. It's called recoil and the increase of the CoF. The Cycler's effectiveness at medium range is obvious, and I've killed bolt-driving players at long range with the Cycler as well. The Gauss, too, as nearly the same effectiveness. Some argue whether or not which of the two weapons (Gauss and Cycler) are more accurate between the 3 mentioned distances, but that's not the issue here. You seem to have missed what Zarp was saying completely.

"I'm gonna run out of BRs before I even get a chance to learn the ropes. What's yours again?" -White

Again, BR has nothing to do with skill. *sigh* Agent White, I hope none of what I said came out too particularly harsh. I just had to post because it seems you and Zarp are talking about very different things and some confusion is pouring through this particular thread because of it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion