Warp Gates - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look Ma, I got no pants on!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-03, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
z4kz
Private

Warp Gates

For warp gates, can you drive / fly vehicles in through the gates or do you have to go on foot? And are they big enough for large invasion forces all to enter at one time rather than just one at a time?
Old 2003-01-03, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
FireFrenzy
Sergeant Major

they are MASSIVE, I mean really massive, take a look at a screenshot to get an idea for it. Tons of people im sure can fit in all at once, and yes, vehicles can go in too. I remember hearing dave or hamma say that you can bring about 4 galaxies at a time.
Old 2003-01-03, 05:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Saint
Captain

Maybe I'm wrong but I heard more than 4 galaxies can fit through, I think they said something like 6 galaxies fit comfortably on the circle platform thing in the middle of the gate. That gives you an idea of the size of these things.

Last edited by Saint; 2003-01-03 at 05:54 PM.
Old 2003-01-03, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

i believe they are about 3/4s of a kilometer across, maybe a full kilometer, i don't remember. I do remember them saying that can walk/drive/fly through people and equipment inside the warpgates to prevent traffic jams and such
Old 2003-01-03, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Marsman
Major

I believe the figures stated were that the gate perimeter is a half a kilometer wide and 4 or 5 Galaxies could fit on the center platform in the vortex. Yes, you can fly into the vortex. Weapons are de-activated inside the perimeter. So you can gather your forces inside - and then move into the center and warp - gather on the other side, and then move out of the gate as a force.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion