Cool MAX idea - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Free lube for all terrans!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-05, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Cool MAX idea

Why not give MAX units a vehicle style "trunk" so that friendly troops can access their equipment/inventory from the back side of the MAX. This would allow friendly troops to replentish MAX ammo and health packs and have access to extra stuff the MAX Unit might have packed in there.

One cool thing to do would be to have a BANK and several extra cartrages of repair juice in there. Most cloakers have CE but never carry the BANK tool. If they could access the MAX's inventory and he/she thought to pack supplies this might be a cool feature to have.

Another cool use would be a CE/Sniper and AA MAX team with the MAX storing extra ACE devices to help defend their choice sniping location. With the sniper(s) doing their thing and the AA MAX watching for air and cloakers this could be efective and FUN!

Finally, I'd have the trunk access controled by that players "vehicle access" acreen so he/she would lock the trunk, open it to all, or open it just to your platoon/squad.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Old 2004-01-05, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I like the idea but it wouldn't be called a trunk.

Old 2004-01-05, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Chaaos
Master Sergeant

Why does this idea bring images of big booty girls dancing and shaking their asses in rap videos to my mind. "Shes got junk in the trunk" Ugh.. i need more sleep.
Old 2004-01-05, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Xxzard
Sergeant

lol when i think of it i see i MAX opening his ass so that someone can "stick there head in" to get some stuff.

however even though its not the best thought to think it seems like a good idea.
Old 2004-01-05, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

Would be nice. Even if just to bring ammo to a max managing a door.
Old 2004-01-05, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Cryptica
First Sergeant

Not a bad idea at all. I don't think it would happen, though. It's not a big enough change to warrent a rewrite of the maxes. Although if they were doing a major overhaul maybe they could do it then?

I also like your idea of the AA max/CE-Sniper combo. Sounds very effective.
Old 2004-01-05, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

Waiting for PS 2.0
Old 2004-01-05, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
xmodum
Colonel

that sounds kool, wish they would read that
Old 2004-01-05, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

It's not like MAX's live for that long anyway, not in a zerg at least.

Old 2004-01-05, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
TomManiac
Contributor
Private

As for the CE/Sniper + AA MAX idea: Can't you do something similar already without the trunk access?
Just load up the AA MAX with glue/ammo for the CE/sniper, then find the perfect sniping position and drop the stuff the CE/sniper needs from your inventory. CE/Sniper picks the stuff up when he needs it.

I'm not sure this works since I hardly use MAXes! Can a MAX drop stuff in its inventory?
Old 2004-01-05, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

What would rule would be a Common pool MAX that has shitty offense, but would have great defensive capabilities and oh:

a Terminal on his back with limited loadouts (mostly ammo refills and the like) people could run up and use the MAX for supplies. It would make an ausome support class. Of course his capacitor could even be used to power his ability to be a roaming terminal

Last edited by Queensidecastle; 2004-01-05 at 11:30 AM.
Old 2004-01-05, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Pronlol
Private

Yea, it sounds like a good idea but if it were to actually be a part of the game it is going to need more nerfs. Because you cant just add on better things, no you have to take something good away in order to make something else good. Maybe something like it costs 4 cert points or maybe you need the uni-max before you can get it? Or maybe they only have melee attacks.
Old 2004-01-05, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Fenrys
Major

You can already do this. Swap out max ammo for whatever else you want to bring with ya, then as needed just drop the sniper ammo/aces/glue/whatever else onto the ground for your buddie to pick up.

To resupply a max, all a grunt has to do is drop ammo boxes on the ground in front of it.
Old 2004-01-05, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Pronlol
Private

Yes but sometimes durring the heat of battle the only thing a MAX is doing is trying desperatly to kill anything that has a red name. I dont think that they will be thinking about if a sniper needs ammo or if it is low on ammo if there are reavers zooming in every direction around it ing it with rockets.
Old 2004-01-05, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
EarlyDawn
Major General

I suggested this in the PSU IRC room and met some pretty agressive disagreement. Some people argued that some jackass would access it and wipe your whole inventory, so I think it should be divided into two segments, MAX only and Trunk. You would put your MAX ammo and a few medkits into your private inv. You would put Infantry supplies into the trunk area, and people could access it. Of course, you could lock it and use it as normal storage as well.

Related to the issue of locks in general, people should check out this thread.

Oh, and as an interesting little side note, I believe MAXes did have trunks at one point.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion