Losing my will to fight... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where the motto is "if you dont know what it is, shoot it"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-22, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Led

That is just the problem, Hamma. There ARE no lines. It is like playing whack-a-mole with all the hacks and caps all over the map.

I agree, the base matrixing idea aint the greatest... I dun think everyone pounding on one or two bases is a good idea. I would like to see more of an actual line, spread along several bases/key points. Kind of like WW2OL

And no, more people will not fix the problem. More will just pile on cyssor or run to the big huge fights, leaving the far bases to the solo cappers and the exp jumpers.
Old 2003-04-22, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ubernator
Corporal

I was under the impression that you could attack quite a few bases at one time with the matrix technique of linking bases....

Thus, the front line is essentially there. And the bases behind the front line are somewhat safe from attack.
Old 2003-04-22, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

It's just a matter of encouraging defense, discouraging super-massive pile ons, and making longer-held bases a more desirable target than bases that just got capped.

As a self-avowed point-whore, I do play for experience. I like being rewarded for playing a game, and I'll take exp, coins, stars, ranks, purple horse shoes... whateva you got. It isn't the only reason I play a game, but I definately notice when the reward scheme isn't working as well as it should.

On top of that, there is the point that experience does make you better. To make the infiltrator I want to play, I need to be around level 12. To make an infantryman that I feel comfortable with, I want around level 15. To make a dedicated pilot, I want every single vehicle that I can get my hands on, plus hacking to take other people's rides.

Let's not start hating on the point-whores. Everyone plays for their own reasons, and the accumulation of rewards is a big one. Point-whores don't cause the problem, we just serve to illustrate this flaw in game mechanics.
Old 2003-04-22, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Ouroboros
Contributor
Major

Yes, I had a experience with this. Last night, my squad mates and I had just hacked a base when the Vanu took the tower outside. A few of us went out to hack it back, but they had god be damned MAXs. I, as an advanced hacker, died. We respawned at the closest base which was not far. I asked the only other hacker in my squad to try and hack back the tower, but he told me, since he hacked the base, he was going stay there for the exp. I told him we still had roughly 5 minutes left, and the tower was in the SOI of the hacked base. He in turn tells me he wanted to help the MAX in my squad defend the console.

I'm starting to get that sinking feeling.
Old 2003-04-22, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I played CS for years and I never got one damn XP point

But I do agree everyone piles on to a base and just sits there.. its very boring. for example last night, we were on a continent which required 3 hops from the NC sanc (so needless to say there were no other NC there) our squad took a galaxy over, established a base and proceeded to push forward. then a lot of other NC started showing up (we were causing "hot spots") which is fine but they ALL STAYED in the god damn cap room, in a base that had no enemys left, even though one of our other bases was getting hacked back.

and as was brought up in other threads I only see a few vehicles and they're used mostly to get from base to base, so far I've only had one good fight away from a base (some swamp cant remember) it just seems all the fighting is done inside a base and then everyone sits.....
Old 2003-04-22, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Seabass03
Corporal

So, still, hopefully people will max their XP and start caring about strats and fun. One can only hope.
Old 2003-04-22, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Chanfan
Staff Sergeant

I do think that as regular squads and outfits form up, it will improve. But it will take time to see how it goes - don't judge it by an influx of new players, give 'em time.
Old 2003-04-22, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

It's way too early to sign off on PS...I think that people will end up creating the fronts once they realize there's more to the game than just hacking a base.

Case in point: Just last night, some TR (myself included) were under siege in a tower on Esamir (so there wasn't many TR troops available). We held off a Vanu force with their AMS nearby, routed them, and went on to cap a nearby base. There was really no reason to keep the tower - it was hacked, and it belonged to us (spawn, for sure, but there was no other reason to defend it), but a real good firefight ensued and we got caught up in it. Made the time keeping the tower real fun.
Old 2003-04-22, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hamma
PSU Admin

It feels like whack-a-mole now because any hacker can fly around in a mosquito and hack empty bases. That will change soon

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion