Doesn't PSU Deserve credit? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of all the stupid quotes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-27, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
keaoi
Master Sergeant

Go ahead and pussy out if you like Vash. But the fact is that you do know where its origin is (and i suspect you always did, there is no "friend"). Yet your post is still unedited and you have made no attempt to apoligise.

I think I speak for everyone when I say your OF types arent welcome here.
Old 2004-04-27, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

The Dev chat was posted by Spork on the OF with a link here, you wouldn't have to come here to find that out. You can even see the thread title on the forum index. If you were not the one that started the claim that some three guys on emerald created it, then whoever told you that is in the wrong. Either way, someone started the lie that they created it, and that is what gets everyone pissed off.

It is not an attack on you, but whoever started the idea that some 3 wankers on Emerald created it. Don't feel the need that you must defend it just cause you were the one that posted it.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-04-27, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Vash, now you know, now you can give credit. You found it hilarious, as most of us did, least you could do is edit the post (if you are able to) to point to PSU. That's all Hamma and the PSU team here wanted, that people who enjoy what Flynt made know that he was responsible for that wonderful piece of work.

Is that so much to ask?
Old 2004-04-27, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
VashLash
Private

Keaoi, you just proved to me that not all the people on PSU are "smarter" than people on OF. My friend is Sotho (in-game name), he helped make our website/forums at www.gotir.com. His MSN name is [email protected], that is where he sent me the links. And how the fuck did I pussy out??? AND HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW WHETHER OR NOT I KNOW WHERE THEY CAME FROM! He sent me the first link, being the TR recruiting thing and I laughed my ass off and said "omg soth...MORE". He is a funny guy and is known for creating FUNNY things...like these http://www.gotir.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=132 in our forums.

Stop being a idiot.

And if this makes you feel better......PSU created the recruiting messages, happy? Jesus christ, cant even enjoy something funny these days without someone jumping all over you with copyright laws and crap like that.......................
Old 2004-04-27, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

say that on the OF

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-27, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
VashLash
Private

Hmm....no. Hamma and the other PSU guy there made a big enough deal about it to ruin the whole humor vibe around the thread. I think people understand the fact that it is from PSU and that it really isnt funny anymore.
Old 2004-04-27, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
OfaLoaf
Colonel

Originally Posted by Dharkbayne
Buzzcut is a complete and utter asshole, I reported a few of his posts just to spite him, and I hope he eventually goes the way of GODJOEY.
Errm, n00bness, but who is GODJOEY? I saw the name on a top 10 list of something somewhere, but other than that, meh.
Old 2004-04-27, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

he was a cheater who said he was the greatest, and boasted of his victories, a while back he posted on teh OF I OWN YOU ALL, and spork said "yes, joey, but I own you." and closed the thread. it was great.
Old 2004-04-27, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by VashLash
Keaoi, you just proved to me that not all the people on PSU are "smarter" than people on OF. My friend is Sotho (in-game name), he helped make our website/forums at www.gotir.com. His MSN name is [email protected], that is where he sent me the links. And how the fuck did I pussy out??? AND HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW WHETHER OR NOT I KNOW WHERE THEY CAME FROM! He sent me the first link, being the TR recruiting thing and I laughed my ass off and said "omg soth...MORE". He is a funny guy and is known for creating FUNNY things...like these http://www.gotir.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=132 in our forums.

Stop being a idiot.

And if this makes you feel better......PSU created the recruiting messages, happy? Jesus christ, cant even enjoy something funny these days without someone jumping all over you with copyright laws and crap like that.......................
Easy now, killer.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-04-27, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by JetRaiden
he was a cheater who said he was the greatest, and boasted of his victories, a while back he posted on teh OF I OWN YOU ALL, and spork said "yes, joey, but I own you." and closed the thread. it was great.
That fucking owned, I remember that.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-04-27, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
keaoi
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by VashLash

Stop being a idiot.

And what makes this true? The word of a person that STILL hasnt given due credit to PSU vs. me making a simple observation. I am calling your bluff. I think that it is easy enough to make a hotmail account, but I know that if Mr.Sotho does in fact exsist I wouldnt enjoy you slinging my email around a forum if I was him. But if it was YOUR email, just a few hours old, well then, no harm no foul right?

You've only proven the absolute lack of decency of the OF community, as a simple request for you to give due credit ON THE OF, has been completely and consistantly ignored by you, who made it seem as though you were the responsible party for the file. Color it however you like, its called plagerism, and attacking the people that point out the simple fact, that you fucked up, isnt going to make it go away.

The biggest outrage is the "13yr old mentality" reaction to the post. You could have ended it easily. Give credit to PSU, apoligise, and move on. But instead rather than address the issue, you presist to ignore the facts of what you did. It is a well known fact that many of the OF trolls post links to things that will obviously be liked in order to get a high rating. Not only did you steal this material and post it, leaving no indication that it wasnt yours, but you HOSTED IT YOUR SELF TO AVOID ANY LINK TO THE PSU SITE. Dumbass.

Your proof that nothing good or decent exsist on the OF. This is the real community. One you stabbed in the back.
Old 2004-04-27, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Acaila
First Lieutenant

I don't see what is so hard to understand about this. Say you're telling the truth, (though I personally feel you're a big fucking liar trying to cover his own ass with a make believe friend), you could have just gone "okay" and edited the post to state due credit.

People like and deserve recognition for what they create. For God's sake, what is so difficult about acknowledging this fact and conforming with the wishes of those who hold intellectual property over what you (perhaps unintentional) posted to be your own?
Old 2004-04-28, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Flame for Buzz, free of charge.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-04-28, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NC-Dragoon wrote:
The thing about BuzzCutPsycho is that, well- he's a Psycho... With a buzzcut...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I disagree, and I'll explain why.

-BuzzCutPsycho- wrote:
"He removed it from our shoutcast and posted without giving credit. You would not be happy if someone posted your hard work without giving you credit."

OH NEOZ OH NOEZ MY HARD WERK RUINED BY TEH POSTER ON THE FORUMS!!111 Why don't you go cry about it some more huh sissy boy? YEAH!!!!

-BuzzCutPsycho- wrote:

Understand what, that you're a jackass? I think the majority do understand that. Any more whining or lecturing you wanna do now, Care Bear? I really do wanna hear it since I am obviously under 13 and don't understand how plagiarism works, at least your form of plagiarism.

-BuzzCutPsycho- wrote:
"Hamma's done more for this community in one year than you will ever do in your life. If someone went around posting the Tango Uniform comics without giving credit you'd find my patience to be quite ephemeral. So in short, back off."

Thing is nobody would wanna post them since they suck.

The above are not examples of a psycho, with or without a buzzcut. What they are examples of, and excellent ones at that I might add, is why an eight year old should never, ever, be given a Mac for his birthday. He'll never use it for his homework and will inevitably end up making an ass of himself to the general public on the internet.

Buzz, your not a board warrior, hell, you're not even a good troll. Please do the world a favor and never, under any circumstances, reproduce. In fact, if you let me know where you live I'll be happy to call to make and appointment for a vasectomy for you. Wait...what am I saying? You'd have to be able to get laid to reproduce! Whew, we're safe.
I praise you. You are the master of the flame.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-04-28, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
oddfish
Colonel

some of the people on the OF's are the biggest, most impressively ignorant and retarded, bunch of assholes that ever roamed the face of the earth. I say to them: Go die plz. You are teh suckay. May your reproductive organs turn to wood and get eaten by termites. Hooray.

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion