PSU: The Three O's. Over Paided Over Sexed And Over Here
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-01-11, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
a pink punk
Corporal

CD rom

ok, i just switched CD rom drives, and now one of them does not work. should i switch them back, install the drivers for the one that is not working, then switch them again? because right now, its not working, it wont install the drivers, nothing. please help.

also, ever since i started trying to get it to work, i have had to restart my computer before it boots up. so it turns on, then i press the restart butten, then it starts up. what the hell is up with this?

everything was working until we switched them. oh, the reason we switched them was because one is a CD burner and the other one is a DVD rom one. so we moved the burner over to the comp with the better sound system, and the DVD one over to the gameing comp, because it faster.

if worst comes to worst, all contact my uncle. but i would like to try and fix this my self. (by self i mean, i would like to fix this with out having to call my uncle-the computer wiz of the family)
Old 2004-01-11, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

make sure your jumpers are set to master and slave correctly

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-12, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
a pink punk
Corporal

could you give me an example? i have 2 HD'es, the floppy drive, then the CD drive at the top. which is on master. i will check the old one, and see what it is set to.
Old 2004-01-12, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Ok i think i missunderstood, you don't have them other still pluged in. When i switched to my DVD-Rom i had both in at the same time so i configured it and then took out the old one. Can i also have abit of clarification on how it doen't work?
i'm not quite following the part about restarting.

If you want to try to put tham both in, the one thats first on the cable is normaly the master, but i can't remember if it matters, you need to find your jumper settings to do that(look in your instal guide).

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-15, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
a pink punk
Corporal

ok, forget about the restarting part. its not happeing anymore. i'm going to check what the seting on the other CD drive is. if it slave, then i know whats going on. i need to set the one in this computer to slave to. also, am going to check all my wires, make sure they are all pluged in. if that does not solve the problem, then i will get back to you.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum