Sniper rifle trail - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Rock on Road Trip Look Likes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-06, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Sniper rifle trail

Originally Posted by Hypevosa View Post
If you really hate snipers so much then take up the mantle of the countersniper and stop whining and start getting revenge. Every effective squad should have 2 snipers for counter sniping purposes and for scouting, softening enemy defenses before entry. If you can depend on your counter sniper to have your back you should be fine.

I'm a sniper, but I only snipe normal infantry when there aren't other snipers around that I can go toe to toe with.
No. No no no no no.

I am very much in favor of snipers. In the first Planetsides prime, snipers were often a valuable part of tower and bridge fights, and occasionally even base fights.

But Snipers should never be primarily about counter sniping. That should be one of their roles, but if it's their primary role, the concept is broken. This isn't a reality simulator, this is a game. You don't put something into the game to counter itself. That's just stupid.

2 snipers per squad? So let's see, we've got 2 engi's, 2 medics, 2 snipers... That leaves 4 players to divide between MAXes, Heavy Assault, Light Assault (gotta have at least one LA if they have the ammo boxes), and non sniping infiltrators.

Get real. A squad should maybe have 1 sniper maximum if their squad isn't focused on ranged combat, if even that many.

Snipers are not a waste, certainly not in a free form game like Planetside, but snipers who only focus on shooting other snipers are useless even in Planetside.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-06-06 at 11:44 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion