Feedback needed on concern of possible Connery and Helos merger - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where implants aren't Plastic.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-04-09, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
snafus
Sergeant Major

Re: Feedback needed on concern of possible Connery and Helos merger

You know as much as Indar being capped by the VS sucks. knowing it pisses off the NC more makes me feel all warm inside.

Old 2013-04-09, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Staticelf
Sergeant

You mad SgtMad? (couldnt help myself)

Oh and just because you got to sleepy means the West Coast, Aussie and Japanese players cant play?

You better tell them when your bed time is then next time sleepy head. We promise we wont play till YOUR night is over.

Last edited by Staticelf; 2013-04-09 at 08:28 PM.
Old 2013-04-09, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

The only time I've ever seen the Templars is when some mouth breather says "Templars are going X" in leadership chat. I've never actually seen them do anything effective at a battle, nor would I count on any of them to cover my back.

Them talking shit in this thread is mildly entertaining.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Staticelf
Sergeant

Oh let me bow down to the mighty future crew...to elite for their own empire I see. (Or at least you are)

Have anything to actually add to the conversation here other than how above TPLR you are?

Last edited by Staticelf; 2013-04-21 at 02:46 PM.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Staticelf View Post
Oh let me bow down to the mighty future crew...to elite for their own empire I see. (Or at least you are)

Have anything to actually add to the conversation here other than how above above TPLR you are?
Hey, you were the one stirring the pot with other outfits. I'd figure I'd throw it back in your face.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
HelpLuperza
Corporal

Guys save the trash talk for another thread.

Also I am going to reply to my thoughts on what you guys said tommorow or the day after tommorow hopefully

I have enjoyed reading mainly of your comments.
Old 2013-04-10, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

From what I can tell, when it comes to the west coast servers, Connery is in a league of its own. I've played on the others, but they usually don't have quite the coordination, cohesion, and sheer skill that is on Connery. Hey, its not the successor to Markov for nothing.
Old 2013-04-11, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

TTA I had my doubts about when I first heard our outfit was joining it, but damn was I dead wrong, that group is amazing. When our Outfit' armor division needs that air support to save us from those evil NC Libs (HATE YOU COMATOSE!), the TTA provides and fast.
Old 2013-04-16, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
HelpLuperza
Corporal

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
The populations for all empires go up and down through out the day. The bottom line is more players will be better and we'll most likely see 2 conts pop-locked by all three factions with the rest on the 3rd. Global population means nothing when the cont is full and their are no Global objectives.
Question what do you mean by Global objectives?

In general, I definitely agree with you point evil pig that empires go up and down all the through out the day. In fact for fun, let take a look at the population during the cap at around 3:30 pm PST till it was uncaped around 9:30 PST.

See how the server changed as Indar cap occured till it was uncapped at around 9:30 pm PST. In fact, see how much the population of on Connery fluctuates? In fact, the population of planetside changes so much, that I think some of Energyone's fear of compete dominance of the map by the NC is not accurate. What you said put in better words why I 50% didn't agree with Energyone's opinion.

Now when we compare to Helos, I found oddly that the NC population was low. n the long term examination of population we find that the differences between NC population compared to VS and TR has been slowly growing. These two reason are why people may be concerned.

Moreover, statistically speaking I should mention that I ran the numbers using the last faction deviation information from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM 1E&gid=22
If Connery and Helos merged then, the TR will population wise turn into Connery's VS. In other words, the merged Helos and Connery TR would not only have the the exact same World Pop the Connery VS have right now about 31%, but we would have 1% less population.
Over a week average that is about 1% is roughly difference of 627 active ids per day. (If your perceptive you notice that this is a validity discrepancy in the numbers that Cupboy and Sirisian. I am working to get that error checked).

This brings me to a concern I had while reading over your post Evilpig, I am not sure that continients will always be capped or their will be enough people on that in general world population does not matter. So can you explain you point more? So could you explain more what you mean by global objectives?

What do the rest of you guys think about world populations affect on the battlefield? In general, my belief is that we could take steps to make the world population not as big of an issue that is currently is. For example, I have found that alerts are a great tool in having a balanced fight; however, they could be improved.

Lastly, something that I am surprised no one has brought up is the issue Energyone mentioned about player boosting and intentional harassment, like beyond normal trash talk, of smaller outfits on Helos. Those are some pretty serious charges, so I was wondering what you guys might know about it. Have you heard about this before in PS2? Is their anything we can do to help encourage smaller oufits and growth the community? Is their any Connery or Helos specific problems we as need to address before the servers are merged?

edit: ok so it too 5 hours, but you get the idea
edit: Need to talk to Hamma and Sirisian to see if I can get deeper probing statistics, I be able to post more.

Last edited by HelpLuperza; 2013-04-16 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Heading home, but here is something thoughts to nibble on
Old 2013-04-16, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Staticelf
Sergeant

Great stats! Vanu lowest pop almost the whole time
Old 2013-04-17, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
snafus
Sergeant Major

I personally haven't experienced any kinds of harassment from other factions or even within the TR. But on the grounds of how to assist in community growth and assisting smaller outfits I would love to see a Alliance system added. For instance you have the TTA and ARA both alliances with small to medium size outfits. But with the joint communications setup they have a major force multiplier. This allows for smaller outfits to call on support from other like minded outfits to support each other in a more orderly and effective manor. And allows each Outfit to keep its identity but still be a force to be reckoned with as it has more resources now.

The alliance system could also come into play with the upcoming MLG tournaments. If the Alliances were recognized it would allow smaller outfits the chance to compete without having to join a larger outfit. Sadly we have seen smaller outfits already start to be consolidated just for the chance to get into larger outfits so they can compete at all.

Old 2013-04-17, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by snafus View Post
The alliance system could also come into play with the upcoming MLG tournaments. If the Alliances were recognized it would allow smaller outfits the chance to compete without having to join a larger outfit. Sadly we have seen smaller outfits already start to be consolidated just for the chance to get into larger outfits so they can compete at all.
I really hope they can do something like this, it would be really sad to force people to merge or join large outfits in order to be eligible to compete.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 2013-04-17, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I am shamed by the misuse of "their".

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=54150

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-04-17, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Staticelf View Post
Great stats! Vanu lowest pop almost the whole time
Its a target rich environment

Old 2013-04-17, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Staticelf
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ghstmarauder View Post
Its a target rich environment
That is exactly why I chose Vanu when I started playing two months ago!

I find it odd that others are the reverse in that they want to be with the "winning" side which is numerically superior. Vanu of Connery have shown time and again that you can be the least pop and still "win" a few too.

NC guys must get annoyed/bored showing up to bases just to find other NC guys already milling around.

Always outnumbered = more experience for the experienced few
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)