So what do you think we'll get this month? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: They lie, one out of 25 quotes is accepted...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-14, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

Personally, I think we're going to get violated in the ass and/or wallet, yet again but that's just me. Oh, and maybe the Lodestar (yet another dilution of strategy, GG) if they care enough.

I'd be thrilled and mega-surprised if they could deliver on promises they made, say, during early BETA instead of adding new things that are largely inconsequential to gameplay. The skyguard sucks, and the liberator solves the pressing issue of "how do I kill complete noobs standing around in an open field?" Thanks for adding those instead of platoons, Sony.
Old 2003-07-15, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by PeregineDive
I want to bet you a $1,000 you will be wrong Hamma. Have you seen the gameplay footage from E3? First time I saw it I was blown away, and everytime I watch it, I am still amazed. HL2 is going to blow everything made to date out of the water.

-PD
E3 demos are NOT a good judge of ANYTHING. They are DESIGNED to do one thing: impress you so you will buy the game no matter what. Granted, HL2 might be really good, but if you think the entire game will play like 40 hours of non-stop E3 footage, you will be SADLY mistaken. Especially when you find out that the AI isn't really "that smart" and there are jumping puzzles. E3 showed some engine ability, not a realistic depiction of HL2 gameplay.

Though, it will be better than HL1 if they don't FORCE you to sit through a LONG intro while you ride into work.

Last edited by Bad Mojo; 2003-07-15 at 08:54 AM.
Old 2003-07-15, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
NightWalker XI
Colonel

Hopefulyl soem hardcore lockup fixing, I lock up so often its made me not play the game for 2 days...

Who gives a shit for new vehicles if while your getting in them you freeze, reload see that your dead and freeze again.....stupid game...
Old 2003-07-15, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

This month,

2 pateches, 8 new bugs
Old 2003-07-15, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by Arakiel
Personally, I think we're going to get violated in the ass and/or wallet, yet again but that's just me. Oh, and maybe the Lodestar (yet another dilution of strategy, GG) if they care enough.
Let me guess, you don't subscribe (to PS) for the gameplay, do you?
Old 2003-07-15, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by Bad Mojo
Let me guess, you don't subscribe (to PS) for the gameplay, do you?
I do. The game is fun sometimes but the total lack of learning curve and tactics mixed with the rampant bugs (..and exploits) makes it very difficult to enjoy as of late.
Old 2003-07-15, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

I do. The game is fun sometimes but the total lack of learning curve and tactics mixed with the rampant bugs (..and exploits) makes it very difficult to enjoy as of late.
Just make sure you stop playing when it's not fun. You won't help anyone out by continuing to play if you don't enjoy it. If you reach the point where you hate PS, but you keep paying and playing, any complaints you make will be moot.
Old 2003-07-15, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Bad Mojo
Just make sure you stop playing when it's not fun. You won't help anyone out by continuing to play if you don't enjoy it. If you reach the point where you hate PS, but you keep paying and playing, any complaints you make will be moot.

How do you figure? If he hates PS due to issues in game why should he not complain? If the issues where fixed he may enjoy the game again.
Old 2003-07-15, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by PR24

How do you figure? If he hates PS due to issues in game why should he not complain? If the issues where fixed he may enjoy the game again.
I could be wrong, but when has complaining in these forums caused SOE to fix an issue?
Old 2003-07-15, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
diluted
Major

what will we actually get? another credit card bill and no / shitty features
Old 2003-07-15, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hamma
PSU Admin

It comes to a point where it's just rediculous and you would do everyone a favor by leaving and coming back in a few months

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-07-15, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just make sure you stop playing when it's not fun. You won't help anyone out by continuing to play if you don't enjoy it. If you reach the point where you hate PS, but you keep paying and playing, any complaints you make will be moot."

Did you just tell a guy who is paying to play this game not to play it, and not to complain about the problems and defects in the product he is actively paying for? WTF? Why does he have to help anyone out at all? He's not playing the game for them is he?

The dev's do come through here and read topics, and I've had a few responses.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-07-15, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
KevSlider
Private

Hey listen, it's alright, I'll take over the outfit...you take a vacation and everything will be MINE...er fine.
Old 2003-07-15, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Tieom
Master Sergeant

By the end of the month, I think we're definatly going to get some luvin' for Adv. Medics (and engineers, too), since that stuff is basically on the test server (icons, corpse-radar, etc.)
We *might* get the base abilities (Repair pads, AMP stations giving vehicles shields, etc. etc.). We *might* see some base defense stuff go in, along the lines of the back door being unhackable from the outside, etc. but nothing major like huge blastdoors in the arches leading into the CY.
Old 2003-07-15, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

maybe the repair/rearm pads since they got the things placed already, just they dont work.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion