to every VS: put your input here - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm not aloud to talk to strangers online.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-16, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Conceptor
Corporal

to every VS: put your input here

so ive been playing this game for a little. HURRAY!

but some questions come to me again and again, and they cant be answered by the VR training because the VR people dont fight back! (DUm dum dUM!)

I have trouble knowing what certs would be best for my problems and how i should use them...

or, perhaps i could get some tips from you guys on how to save cert points by usin a suppressor or somethin instead of using med assault? ya know... show me how i dont really need this or that to get a job done blah blah.

so.... What IS the best way to kill these types of enemies

1. infantry - a.) heavy assault TR's and NC's b.)spec assault
c.) whatever i missed (etc).

2. aircraft - is the skyguard any good? the starfire usually gets wrecked the min i pull it outaa the door by tons of forces... whats an alternative? and the lancer seems too bulky considering the size of the ammo.

3. sunderer's, vanguards and such - damn those things take forever to kill, i smack em around with 6 decis and they still cruise.

4. maxs - any easier way to kill them other than decis? cause the reload takes forever and sometimes i miss....which is often a deadly mistake.

thanks for all your help! lets help make this thread serve as a guidline for many potential VS soldiers!
Old 2003-07-16, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Trebor95
First Sergeant

I'd have to go Beamer in all 4 scenarios, it really whips the Llamas ass.

Sorry, to be more serious, I am not VS, I am TR and from being on the recieving end of the VS Lancer (is that their AV) I can safely say from range and a lot of skill imo you can use this weapon to devastating effect against ANYTHING in the game ok perhaps not mines.

However up close and personal I have always bricked it when I hear/see a VS with a Lasher (thats their HA isn't it?) and with the proposed increases to this weapon it will certainly be good for massacering (spelling?) the hoardes.

I think once the skyguard gets its upgrades it will pose a tremendous risk to planes, with its 50% range increase I reckon it will be able to down high flying gals/libs (is that all thats being done to it?)

Again, for vehicles, the AV is obviously the route to go.

My preference if I had the certs (as a grunt) would be

Reinforced Exo,
Medium Assault,
AV Assault,
Heavy Assault

equalling 13 Certs alone there
Old 2003-07-16, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Conceptor
Corporal

thanks for your input man if you know anyone who posts on these forums tell them to check this out and put their two cents in as well.

Old 2003-07-16, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bismarck
Sergeant Major

1 a) Heavy assault in most situations, but the sniper is effective from long range and the NC and TR med assault are very good.

b)well most tiems I die from Heavy assault wepaons, specifically the jackhammer, and to kill a NC I'd go with a nuke or something to that effect (j/k a HA gun will od just fine)

c) long distance weapons, there isnt a SA gun that is good beyong 50 or so meters.

2 Your AA max will be best, the lancer might be good...i wouldnt know, im a TR all the way. If its standing still a decimator and the skyguard is ok IMO

3 Other vanguards and such Mines are good, decis are good, and thats about it, besides a reaver or liberator.

4 boomers are good, decis are best.

I dont know much about VS stuff, so I cant help you there

I have too many characters to get really good on one......lol

Last edited by Bismarck; 2003-07-16 at 06:13 PM.
Old 2003-07-16, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Conceptor
Corporal

thank you for your reply too although i was hoping for a flood of customers in this thread so we could get tons of diff input *sob*
Old 2003-07-16, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
PeregineDive
Staff Sergeant

I used to use 2 lancers religiously - called it the Double Whammy. It was great for assaulting bases, and outside - I could snipe infantry, maxes, and vehichles - even popped a few skeets/reavers when they are dumb enough to quit moving. But damn is it hard to use indoors.

I nopw use Special Assault, Thumper especially. It kicks ass indoors, and out. Great for crowd control - stopping masses of stupid NC who think they can just charge in anywhere with their silly JHs. Deci is by far the quickest way to kill maxes I believe, until they take out 2ndary fire, I'll use it!

-PD
Old 2003-07-16, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Re: to every VS: put your input here

Originally posted by Conceptor
a.) Pulsar/surge/superior tactics outside or HA/AudioAmp/occasional JH inside. b.) Close the distance don't let them target you at a range that is ideal. Make them wish they had their cycler or gauss out instead.
2. aircraft - is the skyguard any good? the starfire usually gets wrecked the min i pull it outaa the door by tons of forces... whats an alternative? and the lancer seems too bulky considering the size of the ammo.
Hide, get used to using a lancer, take them air to air, or get a magrider. The new Skyguard has potential.
3. sunderer's, vanguards and such - damn those things take forever to kill, i smack em around with 6 decis and they still cruise.
Hide, get used to using a lancer, or get a magrider.
4. maxs - any easier way to kill them other than decis? cause the reload takes forever and sometimes i miss....which is often a deadly mistake.
Hide, get used to using a lancer, PulsarAP/surge, or HA/surge

But thats what i do. I know ppl that are really good at combatsniper. While others are content with thier SA cert.
Old 2003-07-16, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Conceptor
Corporal

so indoors you would choose spec assault over the lasher? because i know the lasher hits people who are around the orb so its sort of an AoE like the thumper and it fires more at once. with a bit less grief.... right?
Old 2003-07-16, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

Re: to every VS: put your input here

so ive been playing this game for a little. HURRAY!

thanks for all your help! lets help make this thread serve as a guidline for many potential VS soldiers!
infantry: after the next patch, use the lasher.

aircraft:i'd go with mosquito,or use the lancer (5 shots for mosq, 8 shots for reaver)

heavy vehicles: decimators, or magrider (need a good gunner)

max's: lancer can take out a max in 6 shots, but i'd use decimator.
also, lasher does 30 armor dmg per shot, so once its improved you could use it against max's.
Old 2003-07-16, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Conceptor
Corporal

i love all this info! keep it comin! lol.

so in short what would you all say should be my ideal certs for gettings around successfully.

(some might say get eng or hacking on the side etc. so who knows what you might say aside from the obvious lancer, lasher choices people are suggesting)
Old 2003-07-16, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

by br20:
2 medium assault
4 heavy assault
3 anti vehicle
3 renforced armor
3 engineer
3 medic

the perect grunt
thats 18 cert points (br15),

spend the other 5 on w/e you want (at least 1 vehicle cert)

here is my main character as an example (i have a br15/cr1 alternate VS on johari too)

http://myplanetside.station.sony.com...901&worldId=15
(even though it says reaver, i only had it for a day, and dropped it 2 hrs ago..)
Old 2003-07-16, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Conceptor
Corporal

but what about being a soloist? if you are going solo you would want hacking to get into buildings and wreck the guys hiding there right? or would you just wait outside a door for em?

or what about towers and taking them over? are these not realy that important in the end?...
Old 2003-07-17, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

so indoors you would choose spec assault over the lasher? because i know the lasher hits people who are around the orb so its sort of an AoE like the thumper and it fires more at once. with a bit less grief.... right?
No... i'm saying i'd kill SA with either HA or MA. I used the thumper a while back. But eventually got to a point were i couldn't compensate for its weaknesses. I still like it for certain situations like tower stairs and hallways. But if you are trying to use it on me? I'll close the distance and smuther your ass. Even Rocklet wh0res can be beat this way. Inside, outside doesn't matter to me. I own MAXs regularly with my Pulsar too. But i think the Lancer has more resale value. If you haven't killed a max in 6 shots. You should have at least softened him up for an easy PulsarAP kill.

You can check my certs. http://myplanetside.station.sony.com...7240&worldId=3 They're pretty solid now. I have no plans for any changes. My implants are surge/DL/AA atm and the entire combo works pretty well with the exception for the lasher which will be changed soon. And the Magrider which i may swap for the Thresher i due time.
My Reinforced loadout for all around field work:
1 BANK
1 Med.Ap.
2 energy cells
1 REK
1CUD
3 health kits
3x6 ct bx of Lancer ammo
1 pulsar
1 lancer
Old 2003-07-17, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Conceptor
Corporal

the outcome is rather funny for this actually.... i was talkin to the person before you because when i posted your post didnt exist. and then later on it came inbetween that guys post and mine. the guy before you mentioned using a thumper etc. so i was sayin that stuff to him.
Old 2003-07-17, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Killmeeleon
Private

I am a big fan (wh0re? ) of the rocket gun.. and actually they are good at long range depending on the terrain...

I mainly play solo and I find that it is an all around useful weapon..

2 rockets = infil
4 rockets = standard
5 rockets = agile
6 rockets = reinforced
10 rockets = max

As for taking on vehicles well I don't really bother with them too much while on foot, but I do use Adv Targeting as an implant and if I see a crippled vehicle I will not hesitate to launch some rockets at them

I used to use HA but honestly lasher sucked arse... I will be trying it out again with this new patch hopefully it will be good
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion