Systems: Outfit Warships - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: NO CAPS PLEASE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 4.60 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-01-28, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Graywolves
General

Re: Outfit Warships

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
Speaking of warships, did anyone get confirmation what this bigass thing is?
That picture is where my inspiration came from.
Old 2012-01-28, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I have finally had a chance to read over this and I support the idea. Outfit warships should be something you can unlock once your outfit has a certain amount of outfit points. Maybe like 1 million.
Old 2012-01-28, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Tool
Master Sergeant

After pondering the concept a bit, I think the most feasible approach would be instanced space stations/ships in orbit. Purchasable by outfits with resources and customized interiors using a mix of resource and/or cash shop items, accessories, additions, etc.

I feel the best and fairest route would be little interaction with the battlefield aside from something akin to the old HART for targeted group deployment at the cost of resources.

I do like the idea of a place for outfits to socialize, train (some sort of VR area), draw plans, etc. However, much more than this may begin to take away from combat on the planet.
Old 2012-01-29, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
WaryWizard
Sergeant

I see this as an excellent idea. Have your outfit ship available as a point to go to as well as the different continents. It will have no impact at all on the continents, and basically it can only be used as a staging area to tell everyone where to go and what to get.

I could also see the ability to go outside of the ship and/or view it from outside could be good for outfit videos.

Maybe have a room with a live map of each continent showing the territories. Along with various customizable aesthetics.
Old 2012-01-30, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
I love this DUST 514 image:

Would be very cool having this as part of the space element.
That would be just awesome.
Old 2012-01-30, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

I've been working on a similar idea since before I joined the forum about Outfits creating Airships to support the armies in Auraxis that can be destroyed.

I don't have all the kinks worked out yet and I'm still working on a post on how it could be implemented.
Old 2012-01-30, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I'd love to see Warships as just a mobile base. Something you can launch any vehicles from. Spawning it an outfit leader could choose a location on a continent, it could even move but very slowly so you would just set it's course. Maybe have a cooldown ability to relocate to another continent.

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2012-01-30 at 04:02 PM.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by VioletZero View Post
I've been working on a similar idea since before I joined the forum about Outfits creating Airships to support the armies in Auraxis that can be destroyed.

I don't have all the kinks worked out yet and I'm still working on a post on how it could be implemented.
And I have it sumed up HERE.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

So I saw.

Still working on the implementation. It's actually quite difficult and there are MANY elements that go into play here.
Old 2012-01-30, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

Honestly all we need are Battlefield 2142's Titans. Oh and modified Sunderers to shoot infantry up to them.
Old 2012-01-30, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by PoisonTaco View Post
Honestly all we need are Battlefield 2142's Titans. Oh and modified Sunderers to shoot infantry up to them.
Well, they'd be similar. Except they would function more akin to real life carriers than Titans.

Titans would be overpowered in Planetside.
Old 2012-02-01, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

My Air Cruisers idea is still the best one I think.
Old 2012-02-12, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Although i do love the idea. Space is the ideal place to feel calm before you drop pod down to battle. Also would tie into the games future intent of including space battles.

Presumably the other empires have ships in space, why arnt we attacking each other when presumably that is the battle that would secure ultimate victory.

I think this would be a good way to monitor Orbital Strikes. Higby says theyre trying to stop OS spamming in this sequel. This would be a perfect solution, only high level outfits get to use it, and it would be the a huge recharge after someone uses it. Also the strength of OS would increase with the Outfits ship size.

Whereas i agree with someone elses statement that combat should be effected by the people only, i have to admit i loved running from OS's. And if my AMS's got bombed i took it as a compliment that i was doing my job right (before every man and his dog had OS).

Early on Higby said that "you will see similar rewards for killstreaks, and alike". Anyone got any info on that? Cos im not sure if i like the idea or not, could add for some interesting gameplay if a lone wolf player can call in an air strike from automated NPC planes.
Old 2012-02-12, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Xaine
Major

I'd love to be able to decorate your own little room inside the ship, with weapons, trophies for achievments in game 'Kill X people with sniper - Bronze/Silver/Gold' etc etc

Some general fluff added to the game would be awesome
Old 2012-02-13, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Sik
Private

I'd love to simply see it as a place for your outfit, with no affect on the battlefield except for the wow factor of this massive ship flying over & the sky darkening.

Those who have the required outfit rank to use it, bring up the map & just like a drop pod place the dot & it swoops in, hovers for a set time, a beam drops & those in the ship, move to the pad and are transported to the ground. Ships couldn't drop within certain range of bases or towers.

The ships could come in 3-5 sizes which could be based on the size of the outfit, their activity, or with RL cash. Once purchased the outfits badge is placed on the sides & bottom for self promotion and maybe even striking fear in the other factions when they see this recognizable symbol that every time gets involved they get smashed.

Inside, the larger the ship, the more spawn tubes, medical terminals, implant terminals, vehicle bays & maybe even the smaller ships could not even have a vehicle bays. I do think it'd be nice effect if there was something like a generator room but instead for OS and instead of being tucked away used as a focal point, that when a member of your outfit uses their OS this generator begins to charge & finally strikes.

Last edited by Sik; 2012-02-13 at 03:58 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault