2 very simple yet important questions. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where the newbs become unnewbish.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-08-02, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Thoreaux
Corporal

Re: 2 very simple yet important questions.

Nope.

This thread was about balance. Specifically, how the developers should handle perceived balance problems in the game. I made a comment with my constructive suggestions on how to handle that thorny problem aimed at any devs reading it, and provided some game history as evidence of my point.

If you don't like it, tough shit. Sorry to be harsh, bud, I'm not really trying to rain on your parade. Just, recognize the difference between constructive input and trolling.

There was one other question which you spent two sentences on. However, you're now acting like I've derailed your thread by addressing the meat of your post. So I don my engineer's uniform and say again, "Nope."
Old 2011-08-03, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Atuday View Post
Again thanks to those who agreed with what I had to say and fluffed my point instead of providing dissenting opinions.
Clarified that for anyone who was confused by what he meant.

---

1) HUD is probably somewhat tweakable. Hopefully at least component moving.
2) What you experienced is the crossroads of a few things coming together. You've got players experimenting and finding optimal tactics and configurations while, on the other road, you have a dev -not- continuing to balance the game.

Balance is an ongoing discussion between player ingenuity and developer intent. When one side stops talking, the entire game begins to break down. What do they plan to do to make this not happen in PS2? I would assume "not shove the game into an oubliette" will be their answer.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-08-04, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Avirau
Private

Originally Posted by Highwind View Post
Fixed it for you. Thats how it went down on Markov, as I remember it at least (wth is a VS max crash, never seen it, it was always NC scatter maxes doing that. VS AA max roof camping, now that I've seen)
In Azure Twilight (VS), we do max crashes on an hourly basis during ops.
Old 2011-08-04, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Kechiro
Private

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
I could kill then, I can kill now...
I died just as easily then as I do now.

I want a +300hp and +600armor rexo buff ._.

Honestly the only gun that I personally have noticed any difference in is the MCG and Bolt Diver. Anyone remember when you could shoot one bolt diver then immediately bring out another and and finish your target off? ^_^ None of this having to wait to reload nonsense.
Old 2011-08-04, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Avirau View Post
In Azure Twilight (VS), we do max crashes on an hourly basis during ops.
In Soviet Russia Hourly basis does Azure Twilight (VS) on a max crash during ops.

On topic though, in a game where you have 3 sides with different set of specifics, there will always be whine.

Here's my chain of torment:

Last edited by NewSith; 2011-08-04 at 01:00 PM.
Old 2011-08-04, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

Balancing is always key to PvP games and is always ongoing. the thing is they dont really know what to balance until players start bitching and whining about it. I mean thats what the interwebs is for afterall, better use it!
Old 2011-08-04, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
CutterJohn
Colonel

I'd play on a server where each side was identical except for colors in a heartbeat.
Old 2011-08-04, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Robert089
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kechiro View Post
Anyone remember when you could shoot one bolt diver then immediately bring out another and and finish your target off? ^_^ None of this having to wait to reload nonsense.
This is still possible and I do it all the time to deal with pesky ridge snipers moving back 2 steps, healing and popping out again.
Old 2011-08-04, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Atuday
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Robert089 View Post
This is still possible and I do it all the time to deal with pesky ridge snipers moving back 2 steps, healing and popping out again.
Or you could just have 2 players working together with good voice chat clients both shoot at the same time. A friend and I interrupted a rather large cyssor battle between the nc and the tr by sitting on a ridge line and doing this. In the end we had both tr and nc revers chasing us.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion