PS going FTP - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: *clink* One more post goes in the bucket.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-04-23, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Re: PS going FTP

Originally Posted by dephresh View Post
Yep... its the error you get when you try to sign in with an account that does not currently have a planetside monthly subscription or Station pass. After (Now hopefully April 29th... [ffs stop postponing this]) it will go free to play and it will no longer matter if you have a subscription and anyone should be able to log in.
Postponed again to the 29th zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

They have even stated there will be zero development. Just flip the switch already.
Old 2014-04-23, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Logit View Post
Postponed again to the 29th zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

They have even stated there will be zero development. Just flip the switch already.
I'm telling you, they're doing this on purpose just to fuck with us!

I mean, delayed release date, fine. But to dangle the carrot in front of our noses time after time after time after time?

It won't even be the 29th I bet. They're probably push THAT date back as they have done so at least 3 times already. Does anyone know why it's been pushed back time after time?
Old 2014-04-23, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
Does anyone know why it's been pushed back time after time?
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...8#post-2660127

Dear Players,

In an effort to ensure that the transition to the new All Access membership plan is as seamless as possible, we are going to be taking a little more time to test. So, we will be pushing the launch date of All Access to Tuesday, April 29th. Because of the portfolio-wide nature of this plan, this may prevent us from doing any individual game updates in EverQuest, EverQuest II, Planetside 2, and DC Universe Online. These updates will resume normally after the All Access launch. We appreciate your patience and you’ll agree that our new membership offering is worth the wait.
I can see the next announcement now.

Dear players,

During testing we were able to get all of our games working with the new All Access membership however we had difficulties converting Planetside to the model. So we will be shutting down the Planetside server effective "Soon"... Thank you for your patience...

Or perhaps they simply forget they said they would make Planetside free-to-play along with the new All Access plan and it stays the way it currently is with a sub fee. Does it really matter anyways? They aren't going to be able to battle the exploiters. Exploiters are going to ruin the game and no one is going to want to play. That's if there's enough people that come back to play in the first place...

Last edited by Crator; 2014-04-23 at 06:49 PM.
Old 2014-04-23, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

You all are getting way to aggravated over this. Take a breather. If it's going to happen, it will happen. You throwing a tantrum is not going to make SOE move any faster.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2014-04-24, 07:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
You all are getting way to aggravated over this. Take a breather. If it's going to happen, it will happen. You throwing a tantrum is not going to make SOE move any faster.
Of course I'm aggravated. They've pushed the release date back no less then 3 times. What aggravates me though is not the delay but rather them saying it will be released at X date only not to do so. It's not the first time SOE have broken their promises. I remember them saying they would not add something to PS2 only to do so anyway (forgot what exactly but even Chip had to agree on that point and expressed his disappointment that SOE went back on their word).

Sorry, but saying it will be done when it's done is no excuse for getting our hopes up only to dash them. I can understand that their may be delays but what boggles my mind is the constant pushing back of the release date. If delays are expected then they should provide a realistic release date (eg: not one that's just a few days away). While no one likes waiting a month or so for something to be done it's at least perfectly possible for whatever is being done to be done in that time frame. If it is only suspected that it can be done in about a week I would rather have SOE state it clearly.

The way SOE should have phrased it is like this.

Dear customers: While we are doing what we can to get this game free to play as soon as possible we may be hitting unexpected delays during testing. Therefore, while we are hoping to hit the target of X (which is nearby), it may be as long as Y (which is far away) before we achieve our goals.

A message like that leaves no confusion on the matter. It states it will hopefully be done soon yet doesn't disappoint anyone if it's delayed. But what I wonder is why they can't just go free to play now and continue testing then. After all, that's when all the hackers and what not are going to show up right? So are they working on an anti cheating system or what?

Last edited by Taramafor; 2014-04-24 at 07:06 AM.
Old 2014-04-24, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #126
Mightymouser
Master Sergeant

The delay has nothing to do with PS1 at all; there's apparently some very highlevel merging going on behind the scenes with this system update; it's not simply going to be a matter of making PS1 free and adding all-access pass to all the subscriber accounts. It's worth noting that not only are they pushing back PS1's F2P conversion and the all-access passes, they are also delaying all ingame updates to PS2, EQ, EQ2, and DCU Online while they're testing; that suggests this is a pretty far reaching update server-side, and they're seeing issues they want to iron out before they push it live.

I'm sure someone is asking why these issues weren't foreseen and taken into account with the projected launch date, but we're pretty unlikely to see an offical response on that level; that's just how SOE (and really every dev house) works.

Last edited by Mightymouser; 2014-04-24 at 07:54 AM.
Old 2014-04-24, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #127
Figment
Lieutenant General

I'm mostly concerned about the Core Combat and Aircav TTK bugs that haven't been fixed yet.

And no, they haven't. Checked. :/

The Core Combat bug is gamebreaking, because it gives the TR several cave locks and many cave links, while not providing an option to break them, since you can't get into the caves anymore and the TR and NC are the only empires with locks (VS have no cave locks, just one or two cave bases). It also means that people who currently have BFRs can continue to use them, while new players will never get them regardless of how long they play, simply because they can't enter the caves (cave kills + imprinting = requirement).

Last time even veterans couldn't restrain themselves from abusing the superfast TTK for a couple days of ruthless exploiting and ruining any chance of a decent reboot or send-off.

I was REALLY disappointed in the amount of people abusing the superfast TTK and I fear I'll have to be disappointed again.

I can't look forward to PS1 going free to play if it's unplayable thanks to bugs that break game balance and allow players to exploit.

Last edited by Figment; 2014-04-24 at 09:06 AM.
Old 2014-04-24, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
Arkaiden
Private

Originally Posted by Figment View Post

I can't look forward to PS1 going free to play if it's unplayable thanks to bugs that break game balance and allow players to exploit.
As I recall Core Combat was completely disabled so the only benefit was the obnoxious cavern benefits.

Still, it was too much for Vanu to deal with usually.
Old 2014-04-24, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
bodypopper
Corporal

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Last time even veterans couldn't restrain themselves from abusing the superfast TTK for a couple days of ruthless exploiting and ruining any chance of a decent reboot or send-off.

bloody good TK'ing in order then?

i know i will..

P.S post all questions to mightymouser,he seems to know whats going on "behind the scenes"

jesus christ.
Old 2014-04-24, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
Figment
Lieutenant General

Of course Mouser knows. Wouldn't be a good infil if he didn't eh?
Old 2014-04-24, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
SgtMAD
Captain

I watched SOE kill off PS the first time around ,nothing they do surprises me anymore
Old 2014-04-24, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
bodypopper
Corporal

"circle jerk" as they say in the marine core.
Old 2014-04-25, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #133
Skittles
Sergeant

Originally Posted by bodypopper View Post
"circle jerk" as they say in the marine core.
"Corps" not core

Core is part of what the flavor of the posts are currently about.
Old 2014-04-25, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
texico
Master Sergeant

Too bad they can't just put the short hard work in to fix any damn bugs and then let it float f2p. With no new updates there won't be any new bugs to worry about so it'd hardly have to be a sustained effort. Fix the caves and the tkk of the aircav to 2006-levels and get the thing on Steam and all will be fine in the world.
Old 2014-04-25, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by texico View Post
Too bad they can't just put the short hard work in to fix any damn bugs and then let it float f2p. With no new updates there won't be any new bugs to worry about so it'd hardly have to be a sustained effort. Fix the caves and the tkk of the aircav to 2006-levels and get the thing on Steam and all will be fine in the world.
They said before that the PS1 servers ran off of some old Pentium 4's. What'd be awesome of SOE is to someday just make it open source. We're talking about a game built in the early early 2000's and now over 10 years old.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion