Gameplay: On Combined Arms: A Treatise on Theory and Implementation - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where two personalities isn't enough.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-09-27, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Gromduraz
Private

Post On Combined Arms: A Treatise on Theory and Implementation

A couple of months ago I started drafting a list of proposed changes that would, in my mind, serve to improve the Combined Arms aspect of Planetside 2. I drafted an outline that eventually grew too large to flesh out to be a real post, so instead I have linked to the Google Doc outline that gives at least an overview of my ideal vision. Also note, there may be one or two outdated views (burster MAXs were just too OP when I drafted this)

I understand the amount of changes proposed would change the game a lot; as a passionate PS2 player I feel the need to at least voice my opinion once.
The feasibility of actually seeing any of this is understandably low; I'll be ecstatic if 5% of this shows up in game, or even just inspires some other discussions. I also understand this is a bit more of a train-of-thought document; I'm happy to explain any of my points further.

Sorry for the length, but revising how combined arms works isn't something that can be quickly explained. I posted this over at /r/planetside first, but I decided to make an account here at PSU and post it here for discussion and feedback. Thanks!

On Combined Arms: A Treatise on Theory and Implementation

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault