Ways to cope! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can be used as a floatation device.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2012-08-09, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
damijin
Private

Ways to cope!

I'm a hopeful fan of PS2 who snagged a key from twitter some weeks back, but I know that I'm a low priority and I don't care QUITE enough to have subscribed back to PS1 just to get in. So I'm likely gonna have a few more weeks of playing OTHER games and checking my email.

I started with Counterstrike: GO, getting my tactical shooter on, but as that wears down, I've decided to try some of SOE's newer games -- and maybe even spend a day playing EQ1.

Unfortunately my huge first world problem of not being in PS2 has pretty much overtaken my ability to focus on other titles. I launched DCUO, but within a few minutes found myself creating this supervillain, aptly named "Vanu Commander".

Anyone wanna roll up a TR MAX unit hero and brawl with me? :P

How are you coping?
Old 2012-08-09, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Liwen Diamond
Corporal

Re: Ways to cope!

I'm currently in the process of watching all the Anime that's worth watching that I haven't watched yet. It's a near infinite source of decent entertainement.

Also writing books in Minecraft and wasting time around here. Eating, Sleeping and taking care of the house helps too. I can't wait for the next semester of college. In three weeks from now I'll be back there doing awesome Science everyday. Still that's three weeks of dicking around doing nothing productive. I don't like 3 months summer breaks. They last too long. It's too hot outside. The Sun is burning my nerd skin alive and not enough good games come out during that time because they want to maximize November sales.

Oh well. I'll go grab some breakfest.
Old 2012-08-09, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Firearms
Sergeant

Thinking it's gonna be Dayz zombies for Arma2. Big and involved enough to get in to with my mates - But different enough from PS2 so I can't compare them when I get in...
Old 2012-08-09, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
VikingPignvin
Private

I'm killing my time with World of Tanks. But dying to get my hands on ps2
Old 2012-08-09, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zeruel
Private

I'm laying parquet flooring and tiling in the living room after i put up a gas concrete wall thats 75 centimeters high. Then i got to fix a little spot in the roof. That should keep me busy till monday ;-)
Old 2012-08-09, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
JoCool
Corporal

Studying product planning. It's fu...ndamentally boring. I hope to get in to Planetside 2 soon, but I just have a priority key.

Unfortunately, I've lost my veteran account during the years due switching emails, hence there was no way to get it back.
Old 2012-08-09, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
damijin
Private

Originally Posted by JoCool View Post

Unfortunately, I've lost my veteran account during the years due switching emails, hence there was no way to get it back.
I actually did the exact same thing. That account was one of the first 2,000 people in PS1 beta. Alas :P
Old 2012-08-09, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
LampShade
Private

Originally Posted by JoCool View Post
Studying product planning. It's fu...ndamentally boring. I hope to get in to Planetside 2 soon, but I just have a priority key.

Call tech support, they recovered my account for me. Did your forget the password too or just lose the email address?
Old 2012-08-09, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Infernalis
Sergeant

Same, I just bought my way into the beta of Path of Exile to kill some time but it doesn't work too well seeing as I played too much H'n'S recently (Diablo 3 ).

I'm currently in the process of watching all the Anime that's worth watching that I haven't watched yet. It's a near infinite source of decent entertainement.
Like what animes?
Old 2012-08-09, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
AJay
Private

Not well. A game chocked full of solidarity where you don't feel alone and frustrated is hard to find.
Old 2012-08-09, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

School started today for me which means all my free time will be gone next week so.. That's that I guess.
Old 2012-08-09, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
LordSlack
Private

Oh God, OP hit the nail on the head for me. I still have a ton of PS3 games I really like and never finished, and I almost feel bad that I'd rather keep digging for obscure PS2 youtube videos than play them. I haven't played anything in 2 weeks because I know all I want is PS2, and I'd rather just Watch somebody play it than play something else.

Can anybody recommend any random PS2 vids out there I may not have seen? Watched all the E3 footage and GDC stuff on youtube, as well as Higby's twitch TV feed from 2 days ago.
Old 2012-08-09, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
BlueExorcist
Private

Smacking your head against the wall is also a great way to cope with not playing PS2!
Old 2012-08-09, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Merkeva
Private

Refreshing this forum, refreshing smedlys twitter, refreshing r/planetside on reddit.
Old 2012-08-09, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ivam Akorahil
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Merkeva View Post
Refreshing this forum, refreshing smedlys twitter, refreshing r/planetside on reddit.
refreshing my email, refreshing higbys twitter, watching the same beta footage over and over again
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge