Help my clan is divided between factions! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We can fit a Death Star on the back of a BFR!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-08-13, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AirFell
Private

Help my clan is divided between factions!

Kind of bored at the moment, so I thought I'd bring this up to the public to get some outside input.

Background:

My clan has been around since about 2008. They picked me up about a year after they had formed in 2009. We regularly pick up new people, but don't actively recruit, when people meet us and like us in game, if they apply and are cool, they'll probably get in. Pretty laid back, tightly knit, fun based clan.

The clan its self is a generalized FPS based clan. If its an FPS game, someone in our clan has probably played it, but as a whole we gravitate towards bigger games such as BF2, BF2 Project Reality, BFBC2, BF3, ARMA, ARMA II, ect...

Occasionally we have members that dabble in some MMO's/RPGS in smaller groups, but finally, we've found a game we feel we can stick to and have a greater impact on- Planetside 2.

Given the date the clan was formed and our recruitment style, we've picked up a few former PS1 players. (I had never heard of it until about a year ago from a former player in our clan)

Current Problem:

Of our members that are PS1 vets, they have strong ties to their factions (to be expected), but now its causing a problem, we can't decide on a faction to play as a whole. Its split prettly evenly between TR and NC. We've debated creating different chars on different servers and playing what we feel that day, but given the amount of certs and time Higby has said we'll have in this game on launch, focusing on more than one char/account may be unrealistic.
We are expecting to consistently field 10 to possibly 25 players at any given time.

Any other pre-PS2 gaming clans/communities having this issue? Any methods you guys are planning to give a try?

Side note: I'm the kind of guy, I honestly don't care what faction we play as long as we're together doing the maximum amount of damage we can as a team.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge