is it me or is this game just crap - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Common Pool 4 eva!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-05, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
mbarrett
Banned

is it me or is this game just crap

I find the more i try to play planetside 2 and enjoy it and accept it the more i hate it . The textures in the game are awfull all faded out colors , the gun mechanics are clunky and feel botched , the graphics are nice but could be so much better as i feel they are not polished enough , the bases are like cities and it sometimes fries your brain as you try to navigate round a base , the game has no class or charm what so ever like the original planetside , the fights seem pointless and it feels like your just going round in a big circle capturing capture points . One of the biggest things that i do not like is mines , you get a couple , whoopy fucking doo , CE was brilliant in the original planetside , you would get 20 mines 10 spitfire turrets 10 motion sensors which was much better than this crap . ams cannot be cloaked so you can't get it right in under enemy lines . I don't like bf3 particularly very much , but after playing it the other day for a few hrs online how polished the weapons feel etc , infact bf3 is much more polished in every way shape and form , all i can say is a big thanks to the developers for fucking up planetside , if any of you played the original ps you would agree with me that this game just don't live up to being planetside , I'm going to come back in 6 mths and see how the game feels then but for now i just can't bring myself to like it
Old 2013-02-05, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Re: is it me or is this game just crap

Originally Posted by mbarrett View Post
I find the more i try to play planetside 2 and enjoy it and accept it the more i hate it . The textures in the game are awfull all faded out colors , the gun mechanics are clunky and feel botched , the graphics are nice but could be so much better as i feel they are not polished enough , the bases are like cities and it sometimes fries your brain as you try to navigate round a base , the game has no class or charm what so ever like the original planetside , the fights seem pointless and it feels like your just going round in a big circle capturing capture points . One of the biggest things that i do not like is mines , you get a couple , whoopy fucking doo , CE was brilliant in the original planetside , you would get 20 mines 10 spitfire turrets 10 motion sensors which was much better than this crap . ams cannot be cloaked so you can't get it right in under enemy lines . I don't like bf3 particularly very much , but after playing it the other day for a few hrs online how polished the weapons feel etc , infact bf3 is much more polished in every way shape and form , all i can say is a big thanks to the developers for fucking up planetside , if any of you played the original ps you would agree with me that this game just don't live up to being planetside , I'm going to come back in 6 mths and see how the game feels then but for now i just can't bring myself to like it
In short it's you! PS2 is far from "crap", despite what it is lacking and what is waiting to be added, it is a benchmark game in the history of FPS for many reasons. It just needs to evolve and be polished.

My advice go play BF3....and have fun and try PS2 again in 6 months like you say.

I was a BF player for 10 years and BF3 killed my enjoyment of the BF franchise. In regard to BF3 being "supirior in every form" well you're straight up LOCO, BF3 is completely dumbed down, offers no customization, has very little vehicle variation, has smaller maps than previous BF games, is still limited to 64 players, you have no choice in how you progress, the classes are unbalanced, there is very little reason to have to think while playing BF3, the battles are all the same, no VOIP on PC, and I could go on and on, FYI I logged over 10,000 hours in the BF franchise in my life time......yes it look pretty but it is severly lacking in gameplay and variation compared to 1942, BFV, BF2 & BF2142.

Last edited by VaderShake; 2013-02-05 at 12:41 PM.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Really dude.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
mbarrett
Banned

What really gets up my goat is the original planetside was great as to where this is appalling
Old 2013-02-05, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bear
Corporal

What really gets up my goat is the original planetside was great as to where this is appalling
Apparently you didn't play PS1 at launch.

It's not fair to compare the final version of PS1 to the starting version of PS2.

That said, I find it endlessly annoying that the SOE guys won't shut up on Twitter when the game is going well but when their update absolutely kills the game they don't have a thing to say. Higby's last few tweets have been about headphones.

Get the game working again, then we'll read your headphone tweets.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
dookxzr
Private

I agree , planetside 2 seems "soulless" as in there is no reason to play the game. I had high hopes for planetside 2 as i played planetside 1 for years but planetside 2 is such a letdown, feels really cheap and the devs dont seem to care much about AMD users either ...
Old 2013-02-05, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

It's you, mate. Sorry to see you go - see you in 6.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
dookxzr
Private

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
It's you, mate. Sorry to see you go - see you in 6.
Ive already gone
Old 2013-02-05, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
mbarrett
Banned

planetside 2 is a broken game completely , I don't even think it is fun to play , i think it is the biggest pile of shit i have ever played on my pc . the devs fucked the original planetside up and now they have done a much better job with the sequel
Old 2013-02-05, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Apparently you didn't play PS1 at launch.

It's not fair to compare the final version of PS1 to the starting version of PS2.
It's all people do. Everyone compares every new MMORPG to WoW even though WoW is 7 years old. People want years worth of adjustments, fine tuning and added content to come with the vanilla game now.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

planetside 2 is a broken game completely , I don't even think it is fun to play , i think it is the biggest pile of shit i have ever played on my pc . the devs fucked the original planetside up and now they have done a much better job with the sequel
When it breaks, it really is broken that's for sure. Yet it's like some kind of soap opera that I can't seem to pull myself away from entirely. Though I did give up on from Dec to mid Jan, due to the vehicle spam and spawn camping. Actually, had I not found an issue with my video drivers in another game, I really wouldn't be back at all, because it was unplayable just before this recent patch due to the video card throttling to sleep mode... Now it's just unplayable when "something" happens to the game to mess it up until I leave that area. "Something" like the exact same vehicle related problem with PhysX that we had in beta I would be willing to bet... PhysX isn't worth the bother really, it adds nothing to the game play.

As far as the way people are choosing to play the game, honestly you can't blame SOE for that. People could play this game with a lot more strategy and community, but they don't. Faction leaders could organize fights with other faction leaders for instance. That might actually lead to people having a few hours of fun, balanced warfare, but it seems far too much to ask of the PS2 community. That's the fault of the players and not the game.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hamma
PSU Admin

A short history of mbarrett's threads:
  • how many have quit and gone back to the original planetside ?
  • is it me or is this game just crap
  • Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planetside
  • 3 contenents is not enough
  • NC weapons don't feel polished
  • is this a true sequel to planetside

I've had about enough.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion