twelve hours downtime for current SOE maintenance... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Seen In Fortune Cookies
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-04-30, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: twelve hours downtime for current SOE maintenance...

Originally Posted by CraazyCanuck View Post
Server was still down 7am est this morning.
It's up now. There are 1 or 2 issues, e.g. my station cash has been set to 0 when I was expecting another 500 added.

I'm sure this is just a glitch soon fixed.
Old 2014-04-30, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
wobblyone
Private

Mmmm! I hope some compensation is winging our way for messing with our lives like this
Old 2014-04-30, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Gurra from my outfit tried it last night and was taken aback a bit by the fact that when you respawn you are not wearing a load out but you have to go and equip at a terminal.

If you're used to PS2 you wonder why it's like that and it seems on first sight as unnecessary. On the other hand, stuff like that and also being able to see the weapons that people are carrying on their backs, doors, having to travel to get anywhere (no easy redeploy that I abuse a lot), hacking a base means inserting a virus into the control console to change ownership. All of those types of thins add to 'immersion' at the expense of immediacy. I like it but probably some won't get it.
Oh, definitely. I jumped in last night and realized several things that are going to be terrible for newcomers:

- Instead of the one world map like PS1 originally had, the split continents is very confusing.
- The energy needed for implant/running/jumping is really annoying when you run out.
- The infantry combat is some bits of awful, particularly since with the high TTK I don't get a lot of visual satisfaction from my bullets hitting them.
- You get lost in bases real easy.
- There isn't a clear indicator of what I'm supposed to do next at a base. Where's the capture point? Should I be going for that tower next?

Other then that, the "meta game" was awesome to see in operation once again!

I still move that SOE needs to think about making PS1 open source next year ala LucasArts' move with Jedi Academy. This way the community can do repairs on the game, like fixing the core combat glitch, re-working the continents back to their original setup, and general cleanliness. Cleaned up and I think we could get more people into PS1 (who might then try out PS2).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion