Planetside Idea Lab - Page 16 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Puts The Fun Back In Fundamentalism
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2004-06-18, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #226
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Amazing. Freaking awesome site.
Old 2004-06-19, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #227
Hayoo
Contributor
PS Idea Lab

I've been watching the OF lately and noticed the adv medic problem was brought up once again. I had some ideas myself, even posted some respawn-timer concepts on my site, but I didn't go far enough. So I went through all the medic threads from today and back as far as August, 2003. I noticed the same requests were voiced over and over like a mantra:
  • corpse not disappearing when player clicks respawn
  • easier revive action
  • player alerted when being revived
  • less medic vulnerability while reviving
  • carry or drag corpse to safety
  • cancel respawn option
  • stimpacks
  • healing while moving
  • more stamina on revive
  • medic proximity alert
  • medical vehicle
  • med station
  • make revive worthwhile to impatient players

So, what the hell, I'll go ahead and make some screens for this since I haven't seen anyone else do them.

Old 2004-06-20, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #228
7ruth
Corporal

The devs said that medics would be able use Stimpacks and Regen patches a long time ago.
Old 2004-06-20, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #229
EarlyDawn
Major General

That sounds good Hayoo. I'm very interested to see all the stuff in your regular queue, but it's also nice to see you trail off and design some long awaited upgrades.

Prehaps make the stimpacks one of the PX items from the urban areas.
Old 2004-06-20, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #230
Hayoo
Contributor
PS Idea Lab

Originally Posted by 7ruth
The devs said that medics would be able use Stimpacks and Regen patches a long time ago.
Yes, sadly they still haven't gotten around to it, not even a concept sketch. Well that's why I listed it as one of the medic requests I'd like to try and illustrate. If they're not going to do it, I might as well give it a shot.

Originally Posted by EarlyDawn
Prehaps make the stimpacks one of the PX items from the urban areas.
That was my initial thought too. I also toyed with the idea of using rations and fluids as part of the PX items (e.g. Army rations slowly regenerate health over time, and drink speeds up stamina regeneration). And then of course you've got standard ammo, shotgun ammo, energy ammo, med juice, medkits, armor juice, armor patches, backpacks, outfit items, social items, all available at the goods terminals as well.

Old 2004-06-20, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #231
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by Hayoo
Yes, sadly they still haven't gotten around to it, not even a concept sketch. Well that's why I listed it as one of the medic requests I'd like to try and illustrate. If they're not going to do it, I might as well give it a shot.
I wouldn't be suprised in the least if it's a part of the Elite Abilities / Merit Commendations system. One of the devs (I don't recall whom) said that medics would be "getting some love" in the elite abilities.
Old 2004-06-20, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #232
Hayoo
Contributor
PS Idea Lab

I wouldn't be suprised in the least if it's a part of the Elite Abilities / Merit Commendations system. One of the devs (I don't recall whom) said that medics would be "getting some love" in the elite abilities.
Me either. Thankfully most of what's on the above list are for general improvements that are more for all players than just medics, like a "Cancel Respawn" button or a proximity alert if an adv medic is nearby. Stimpacks or no stimpacks, the list is our destiny.

Old 2004-06-21, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #233
EarlyDawn
Major General

As it is, there's really a very specific set of reasons to allow yourself to be revived. You pop with no armor, totally drained stamnia, and your implants have to wait to reset.

If you DO respawn, you get full ammo, full armor, you can grab another vehicle, and you're back in the action realtively quickly. Really no reason to do it. I would reccomend making reviving pop you with full stamnia and enabled implants.
Old 2004-06-21, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #234
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Actually, you don't spawn with 0 armor, you just spawn with how much armor you had left when you die. And you get to keep your weapons and ammo. Also think about no respawns.
Old 2004-06-21, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #235
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by Rayder
Actually, you don't spawn with 0 armor, you just spawn with how much armor you had left when you die. And you get to keep your weapons and ammo. Also think about no respawns.
I stand corrected, this is true, you do spawn with whatever armor you had left. I know you come back with the weapons and ammo you have, I'm trying to illustrate that you're probably better off as it is respawning for a full loadout then getting a halfassed revive.

I also realize that it's useful when you have no spawn point. That's why I said it's circumstancially useful. But consider RtCW: Enemy Territory. People wait for revives all the time for two critical reasons that should be applied to Planetside:

- The time you spend waiting is applied against your respawn time.
- There's really no downside, once you're back you can easily resupply and you're not fatigued.
Old 2004-06-21, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #236
Hayoo
Contributor
PS Idea Lab

I'll be including a lot of the ideas put forth frequently by the community concerning Advanced medics and making reviving more worthwhile. I'll also be including a few new features as well, so that when a player dies (if there's an Adv Medic nearby) they will have the choice of Reviving, Respawning, or Medevac (which ties into one of the emplacements). Each will have their advantages and disadvantages depending on the situation.

Old 2004-06-22, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #237
EarlyDawn
Major General

Any ETA to complete all the medic stuff?
Old 2004-06-22, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #238
Hayoo
Contributor
PS Idea Lab

Any ETA to complete all the medic stuff?
You're not going to like the answer.

Either I finish the concept screens tomorrow or I don't get to them until next Monday, because Wednesday, Thursday, and all this weekend I'll be out of town again.

Old 2004-06-22, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #239
EarlyDawn
Major General

I'm sure you'll figure something out
Old 2004-06-22, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #240
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

With your permission (and perhaps a banner), I'd like to add a link to your website on both my Main Terminal page and also on my Nuke page.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion