New Max Updates on Test Server - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WTF is the internet?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-29, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Kail
Staff Sergeant

Re: New Max Updates on Test Server

Old 2013-04-30, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

So, ZOE is going to be a free ability?

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-04-30, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
So, ZOE is going to be a free ability?
Nah, it's supposed to be at least 2000SC.

j/k, it's certable just like charge and the other ES abilities.
Old 2013-04-30, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post
Nah, it's supposed to be at least 2000SC.

j/k, it's certable just like charge and the other ES abilities.

So, what exactly does he mean by decoupling it from the cert line?

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-04-30, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post

So, what exactly does he mean by decoupling it from the cert line?
It's probably just the damage mitigation debuff being a set value independent of the level of the ZOE module now.
Old 2013-04-30, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post
It's probably just the damage mitigation debuff being a set value independent of the level of the ZOE module now.
Ah, ok. Makes sense.

Old 2013-04-30, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Satanam
Sergeant

I really hope they make the AV MAX weaker or we're gonna "lose" our HA abilities against vehicles. You can now blow up vehicles with LA, Engineer, HA and MAX (we were able to use AV for MAX before, but not as powerful and useful as the new ones). That's just not right. I'm not complaining that there shouldn't be AV turrets, but they shouldn't be so useful like that, and AV MAX should work just like the old AV weapons for MAX (only useful when in groups of AV MAXes).
I think they should boost some defense to vehicles and then increase all rocket launchers' damage. I'm not talking about a super boost, just a slightly one that would make the rocket launchers more useful than other AV weapons, and they could boost damage for tank mines and C4 too.
Old 2013-04-30, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Satanam View Post
I think they should boost some defense to vehicles and then increase all rocket launchers' damage. I'm not talking about a super boost, just a slightly one that would make the rocket launchers more useful than other AV weapons, and they could boost damage for tank mines and C4 too.
Rocket launchers ARE useful. Dumb fire one is free to acquire and resupply, you have a big magazine, and you're fast and not tied down.

The AV turret is stationary but a beast at range.
Old 2013-05-12, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
HelpLuperza
Corporal

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
No, not at all. Public Test sits in a sequence of servers that features and content go through before going to live. It's not the first stop, though. In fact, it's about 3 environments behind the latest data that the team is working on day to day, and as things are ready they're promoted up the chain to eventually go live, and ideally go through a finer and finer tooth comb along the way, scraping away all the bugs and problems as they do. Often, due to the way that data promotion works, problems still get on test server, but it's a lot more stable and error free than the dev working branches, which with dozens of people making hundreds and sometimes thousands of changes to a day, can be quite chaotic.

Our goal with test is of course to keep it as up-to-date with the latest and greatest, so we have more time to integrate feedback and tune based on real world usage, but we can't keep it on the bleeding edge and ever have something that can be counted on to be remotely stable.
Hey, does anyone know what Higby means by and environment? I have heard the computing term before, but I wanted to make sure I understood what he was saying as their is more than one definition out their for a computing environment.
Old 2013-05-12, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by HelpLuperza View Post
Hey, does anyone know what Higby means by an environment? I have heard the computing term before, but I wanted to make sure I understood what he was saying as their is more than one definition out their for a computing environment.
I'm a noob, and haven't heard it before, but right now I assume that builds are being classified with stability. First a feature is implemented, then tested, then fixed, then looked at critically, and eventually it is declared sound enough to be moved onto the PTS. Each environment then corresponding to a stage of un-borkedness... or something like that.
Old 2013-05-12, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

The environment is probably a bunch of computers/dudes testing the game.

So when the devs make a new build of the game they test it in the 1st environment, meaning themselves, so you have a few devs testing it for bugs. If they don't find any major bugs after a short while they pass the build on to the 2nd environment, the internal playtesters. They are probably more in numbers and play it longer than the 1st environment and will find some smaller bugs that take longer to spot. When they don't find any more bugs they pass it on to the next environment until the build reaches the test server, which will eventually push the build to the last environment - the normal servers.
Old 2013-05-15, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
moosepoop
Captain

anyone know when they gonna be released?
Old 2013-05-15, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Ait'al
Contributor
General

What happened to VS being best long range accuracy? We used to have the best long range defence with the pulsar and then decent mid going to short improving. We have no semblance of that now. What is our strat now!? 8)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion