THE Beer Thread - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of the: Hippy Administrators.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-22, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
TerranTitan
Sergeant

Re: THE Beer Thread

Shiner Bock or Sam Adam's Black Lager.
Old 2012-05-22, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

The Hammer from Rock Bottom is pretty awesome. It looks like a red ale, smells like a hop yard, and packs a hell of a hoppy flavor. And its 8.1%. I just had some down at the Long Beach location recently, it was pretty damn refreshing.

This is coming from a guy that doesn't think Arrogant Bastard is as bitter as advertised, so mind your tastebuds if you can't handle some bitter.
Old 2012-05-24, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

58 bottles of Anti-Imperialist Red Ale from Drunkey Monken Brewing have been bottled today. They'll be fully carbonated on June 1st.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-25, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
IS THAT LEFE BRUNE? PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET SOME.

I drank that like crazy when I was living in Australia.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-25, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

Also? I had no idea I had been mentioned in a beer thread. Now I must make sure to impress you all with my extreme geekly knowledge of beer.

My favourites:
From Lyons, Colorado: Oskar Blues Ten Fidy
From Austin, Texas: Jester King Black Metal Stout
From San Diego, California: Green Flash Double Stout
From Austin, Texas: (512) Brewing Pecan Porter
From San Francisco, California: 21st Amendment Back in Black - Black IPA
From Chicago, Illinois: Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

For ultimate geek nerd beer love, I'm on Untappd. My Untappd Profile - It's like 4Square for beers! <3

Old 2012-05-25, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
Wheat beer for me...
Aye, I love wheat beer.
Not too keen on Blue Moon though, I find it a tad sour.

Anyway, beers of choice...

Hoegaarden esp. Grand Cru
Erdinger - Weiss/Pikantus/Crystal
Leffe Blonde
Duvel
Weihenstephenar
Gulpener
Kasteel Cru

Also quite partial to a bit of fruity beer action
Bacchus and Fruli in particular.

Want to browse through hundreds of PlanetSide 2 images?
Or just see what Higby eats for lunch?
Then click here
Old 2012-05-25, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Atlas
Private

My first post on PSU may aswell be about Beer i suppose...

I'll forgive you all for no one posting about this company in this thread, seeing as you mostly seem to be across the pond from me .

http://www.brewdog.com/

Almost all the beers these chaps do are fantastic , my personal favourites are 'Alice Porter', 'Punk IPA', 'Hardcore IPA', '5am Saint', 'Challenger', 'Tokyo*' and the older 'Dogma'.

All their beers i've tried have some serious character and flavour to them, a couple have been relatively samey, but for the most part they're all incredibly unique. You've got tastes ranging from Chocolate, Red Fruits and burnt sugar (in Alice Porter) to things like Pineapple, Grapefruit, Mango, Kiwi, Lime, Honey, and finally 'Toffee-Crisp crunch' as they describe it in a video (this all in Punk IPA)...Some of their beers even go down well with alot of my lady-friends who tend not to drink beer, 5am Saint and Punk IPA in particular result in a response along the lines of "Oh wow!".

The strengths of their beers range from 1.1%, called Nanny State, to 55%, called The End of History, you can no longer get any of this though, however Tactical Nuclear Penguin and Sink The Bismark! are 32% and 41% respectively, and both are pretty awesome stuff...

They're still a very small brewery but have a HUGE reputation in the UK and on beer-blogs, so they currently struggle to meet the demand for their beer, making it hard to acquire outside of the UK. So your best bet for buying it, is to just buy it from their online shop...I think they ship abroad, but it'll probably be quite an expensive postage.

Although drinking these beers has kinda ruined alot of the more generic, more accessible beers in pubs'n'clubs haha

EDIT: "Delivery to European countries is £25 for up to 24 bottles.
Delivery to the rest of the world is £60 for up to 24 bottles."

Yeah...£60 for delivery, then beer price on top of that for the US...Damn...

Last edited by Atlas; 2012-05-25 at 07:57 PM.
Old 2012-05-25, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by SurgeonX View Post
Aye, I love wheat beer.
Not too keen on Blue Moon though, I find it a tad sour.

Anyway, beers of choice...

Hoegaarden esp. Grand Cru
Erdinger - Weiss/Pikantus/Crystal
Leffe Blonde
Duvel
Weihenstephenar
Gulpener
Kasteel Cru

Also quite partial to a bit of fruity beer action
Bacchus and Fruli in particular.
Can i just say, that i want to sex you.

There is a beer from Brewdog called 'Trashy Blonde', you'd love it. I'm a massive fan of all those beers too.
Old 2012-05-25, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Missundaztood
Corporal

Originally Posted by Atlas View Post

I'll forgive you all for no one posting about this company in this thread, seeing as you mostly seem to be across the pond from me .

Almost all the beers these chaps do are fantastic , my personal favourites are 'Alice Porter', 'Punk IPA', 'Hardcore IPA', '5am Saint', 'Challenger', 'Tokyo*' and the older 'Dogma'.

All their beers i've tried have some serious character and flavour to them, a couple have been relatively samey, but for the most part they're all incredibly unique. You've got tastes ranging from Chocolate, Red Fruits and burnt sugar (in Alice Porter) to things like Pineapple, Grapefruit, Mango, Kiwi, Lime, Honey, and finally 'Toffee-Crisp crunch' as they describe it in a video (this all in Punk IPA)...Some of their beers even go down well with alot of my lady-friends who tend not to drink beer, 5am Saint and Punk IPA in particular result in a response along the lines of "Oh wow!".

The strengths of their beers range from 1.1%, called Nanny State, to 55%, called The End of History, you can no longer get any of this though, however Tactical Nuclear Penguin and Sink The Bismark! are 32% and 41% respectively, and both are pretty awesome stuff...

They're still a very small brewery but have a HUGE reputation in the UK and on beer-blogs, so they currently struggle to meet the demand for their beer, making it hard to acquire outside of the UK. So your best bet for buying it, is to just buy it from their online shop...I think they ship abroad, but it'll probably be quite an expensive postage.

Although drinking these beers has kinda ruined alot of the more generic, more accessible beers in pubs'n'clubs haha

EDIT: "Delivery to European countries is £25 for up to 24 bottles.
Delivery to the rest of the world is £60 for up to 24 bottles."

Yeah...£60 for delivery, then beer price on top of that for the US...Damn...
+1

They have just opened a bar in Manchester.
Old 2012-05-25, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Missundaztood View Post
+1

They have just opened a bar in Manchester.
They're great.

There is a bar at the end of Brick Lane in the East End of London that does this massive range of beers. Brilliant place.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-26, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

Originally Posted by Atlas View Post

Holy moley! Those look fantastic! I want to say I've seen them before. Living in some awesome craft beer towns, I usually get to see things like this on the shelves here and there.

PSU peep recommends it? I WILL TRY IT. I'll even tweet a picture if I do. Also, as a stout/porter girl (hence my stout arse), I wish for one of every kind they make.
Old 2012-05-26, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Cambridge (UK) summer real ale festival this week! About to head down for the third time

200 beers and ales from over 100 brewerys (plus ciders, mead, wine, belgium beers) all in a big tent out on the field.

It's english summer weather at 24c so i'm sticking to the pale beers and working the hoppy end of the spectrum. Though I did tuck into a couple of awesome porters when it was a bit cooler the other evening there.

It's a good day for beer-kind.

Old 2012-05-26, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Chufty
Contributor
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Originally Posted by Danicia View Post
Also, as a stout/porter girl (hence my stout arse), I wish for one of every kind they make.
Didn't realise you could get good porters across the pond I love them too. Beer should be dark, malty and leave a silty residue in your mouth!

Anyone else off to the Stratford beer festival next week?
Old 2012-05-29, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
Can i just say, that i want to sex you.

There is a beer from Brewdog called 'Trashy Blonde', you'd love it. I'm a massive fan of all those beers too.
Hehe, cheers Xaine.
I'll give that Trashy Blonde a whirl and report back.
There's a really good beer shop a few miles from home that has beers from all around the world, so I reckon I can get some from there.

You'll probably appreciate this drinking selection for a session round my mates.
Last blow out before my little girl arrived a few months ago.
The Oranjeboom's were a bit of a wildcard as they were left overs from a party.
We'd never had the Jupiler before and it was lovely.

Want to browse through hundreds of PlanetSide 2 images?
Or just see what Higby eats for lunch?
Then click here
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-29, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

Originally Posted by Chufty View Post
Didn't realise you could get good porters across the pond I love them too. Beer should be dark, malty and leave a silty residue in your mouth!

Anyone else off to the Stratford beer festival next week?
Yep! The craft beer brewers have been putting out some amazing porters for quite a few years. Unfortunately, everyone outside the US is stuck thinking all we do are crappy pilsners.

This is where I was on Sunday. They always have great beers from both their breweries (Lost Abbey & Port Brewing). http://www.lostabbey.com/

These guys rolled up with a food truck: It's a Dogs World
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge