What things do you enjoy most in PS2? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Three Guys Walk into a PSU...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-28, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kate
Private

Question What things do you enjoy most in PS2?

I think we can all agree that base design needs an overhaul, there needs to be more cover for infantry, defending needs to be feasible, the outfit tab and command system needs work, dynamic XP would be better, and that there ought to be more depth and "meta". Hopefully the devs will address that at some point.

Lets take a break from the doom and gloom though... What do you enjoy most in PS2? What makes for a good time, and what keeps you interested? What goals are you working towards, and what do you hope will happen in the future?

Small-scale multi-squad infantry battles are fun, and couple tanks and ESF or two can spice it up a little. While outpost and tower designs aren't perfect, I have a good time with it usually as long as there's competition, which I can also somewhat feasibly engage. I rather like most outposts and towers on Amerish, but come to think of it, the ones on Indar and Esamir can be pretty fun too.

I only play HA (tried others in Beta), and I'm pretty content with Biolab interiors, and Inf v Inf and Inf/Armor v Inf/ Armor battles, as long as there's some cover, and there's just enough AA to prevent constant rocket spam, and to force air to stay on the move. (There's room for improvement with Biolabs and terrain though.) I like the shrike and deci, and the anni is nice in prolonged sieges and battles with armor and air. The burster is aight. Also, as HA, I can hold my own against inf and some armor, and nothing seems too OP. I don't mind nade spam, and C4 is fun, but should maybe have a wider AI blast area.

I'm not much of a pilot or tanker, but I really enjoy using gals and sundies with my squad. I'm fine with them as they currently are, and while a squad gal ams would be awesome, it seems potentially OP and redundant since we already have bacon.

Being in an outfit really makes the game for me. The community, coordination, camaraderie, and cooperation is great. More in-game support for outfits and alliances of all sizes would be fantastic, and could make a huge difference in the quality and feel of this game.

I'd like to try other classes and roles eventually, but I want to max out HA and bacon first. I'm hoping that my outfit will grow more and team up with the other NC outfits on my server, and that the same will happen within our opposing factions. Coordinated alliance vs alliance battles would be awesome, and would give the game a lot more depth. As for the game overall, I think it has major potential, and could start doing quite well once the core issues are addressed.

What do you all enjoy the most in PS2, and what do you look forward to in PS2?

Last edited by Kate; 2012-12-28 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Typo due to writing on phone, two additonal sentences/fragments added.
Old 2012-12-28, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: What things do you enjoy most in PS2?

Big infantry rushes. Man I love seeing a bunch of guys rushing a defended position with all those beautiful tracers and explosions going off. This is like a bad assed war movie and your in it knee deep.
Old 2012-12-28, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mriswith
Private

I've tried most of the infantry glasses except medic, and anything besides doing AA duty with my Max.
My favorite things are mainly sneaky stuff like playing LA and dropping c4 on enemy groups / sunderers, also includes some close quarter combat (escaping/attacking through windows, circling pillars in the air and the like to always come on people from the behind >).
I also enjoy playing infiltrator with hacking turrets, putting down proximity mines and the like inside enemy lines / Playing Engineer with defensive Mines.
Sniping snipers as LA with my nova shotgun with slugs and a 4x scope (has like no bullet drop, they bullet move slooow tho).
And general A2A combat with ESFs is always fun.
Old 2012-12-28, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
My favorite things are mainly sneaky stuff like playing LA and dropping c4 on enemy groups / sunderers, also includes some close quarter combat (escaping/attacking through windows, circling pillars in the air and the like to always come on people from the behind >).
This.. so much.

My favourite is going along the underside of a bridge, jetpacking up and dropping C4 on the enemies taking cover on the main level. And sneaking up on tanks to give them nice explosive hugs. I also like flying around rooftops and stabbing drop podders who don't pay attention to anything other than the people below.

(I also get lots of joy out of playing Engie and putting bouncing betties on friendly gens just to screw with those annoying pests who sneak in just to overload them).

I didn't really like LA when I first started playing, but now it's fast becoming my favourite class just because of the combo of jetpacks and asplosions.

Last edited by ShadetheDruid; 2012-12-28 at 08:24 PM.
Old 2012-12-28, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Gunplay is great, this is the best part of the game atm. Hits register and there's a good feel for each gun. This was the only thing I don't miss in PS1.

I also like when I put mines somewhere, then play for 30 minutes and suddenly a messages pops up

MAGRIDER KILL
KILL

Often a WTF-moment, then I remember I dropped those mines at that one bridge an hour ago.
Old 2012-12-28, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Graywolves
General

Today I flew to that hill south of the crown in a Liberator, switched to bomber seat, got a kill, bailed out perfectly next to an AMS and blew myself up with a grenade.

Can't do that in any other game.

Then there's all the base and vehicle parkour.
Old 2012-12-28, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Losing reavers under the treeline on Indar.
Old 2012-12-28, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Grinding 1000 certs.
Old 2012-12-29, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Old 2012-12-29, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
gunshooter
Corporal

I enjoy it when theres an infantry battle and then its over in 10 minutes and it takes 2 hours to find another playable infantry battle.
Old 2012-12-29, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Brusilov
Private

The Forgelight engine and its awesome lightning fx

Oh and i like shooting my lovely enemy's
Old 2012-12-29, 04:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by LoliLoveFart View Post
Farming
I'm a translator.
Old 2012-12-29, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
psijaka
Contributor
Major

- playing the role of the traditional sniper with my beloved Bolt Driver. Boom - Headshot!

- defending the Crown with MAX + dual falcons.

- big infantry battles; when you find them, some amazing gunfights that last for hours, the likes of which I have never seen before.

- the best implementation of recoil that I have come across in a game. Spot on this.

- sense of loyalty to my empire; I want to feel part of something bigger.
Old 2012-12-29, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rolfski
Major

You park your lonely Sundy at some highly strategic point in the middle of nowhere and wait a bit. Within minutes you see a small skirmish around your Sundy escalate into an all-out total war with hundreds of players in front of your eyes.

That is until after 15 min or so somebody manages to take out your Sundy and all is quiet within an instant, as if the battle has never taken place.

You can't help but smile in quietness at the memories of another epic battle, while looking at your insta-doubled cert pile
Old 2012-12-29, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Beerbeer
Major

The only thing I do these days is get into a tank or esf and farm infantry. I especially love the small squads of infantry that think they can get past me or own me and respawn over and over again in their flak suits while I give them false hope by letting them plink my tank while I farm them over and over and over again. They persist out of anger and the kills keep coming. I don't even bother trying to cap the base, I just farm wherever I can.

After such encounters, the score is typically 40+ to 0 and I smile. These types of encounters are rare as most if the players I farm are BR 5 or lower, but every now and then, I'll run into a few BR20+ players who should know better or think infantry VS tanks is fun. Thank god these encounters happen every now and then to break the boredom of farming newbies.

Real men of steel. This buds for you.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2012-12-29 at 09:05 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion