GU 04 new movement ineherety? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'll just refresh one more time, I'm sure they replied.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-19, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Falcon_br
Captain

Exclamation GU 04 new movement ineherety?

Ok guys, I really don't know if I never noticed it from beta or if it is new to the GU 04.

This is easy to replicate, very easy.
Do a standard jump on the warp gate.
Now start running to the side of the warp gate main building, near the terminals, there is a small elevation before you are out building.
The time your character goes up in that elevation, while running, just jump.
You will see that you just jumped 2-3 times higher!

I already got some climbing skills in the game using strafing into walls to increase the momentum, so I easily climb bases wall towers, and there is even movies in YouTube teaching that.
But after the new patch and those new high jumps I can climb the tower in 3 jumps!
Even worst, now in bio labs, maxes can walk in the top of the buildings just like Light Assault, because there is a mountain that if you get the momentum in the small slopes of it you can climb it to the top, I was the third to reach the top of the buildings of mani bio lab with a maxes, when I figured out how the other 2 managed to do it, also some engineers from my outfit followed my instructions and could get there.

There are lots of implications to that, the must funnies are the rocket in the sky magriders, just find a really step mountain, gain momentum and use the afterburner when you are reaching the top at right speed, you can really ram liberators doing that.
I am also reaching new sniper spots that weren't possible to get before without using a mosquito, also find new flaking routs and jumping obstacles that weren't supposed to be jumped over it. Now I can really place my beacon in places only LA can get it.

Planetside 2 new parkour system is real nice, remembers me the jumps I did in quake 2, but I am a bit worried about the abuse of it, every time I report someone I see there a movement abuse option, and I ask myself if what I am doing is right.
I also do not know if it already existed, or if it is new to GU 04, I really think it is new, because I would have noticed it before with all the jumps I did in this game.

Post note: To late readers, it has been confirmed that the change happened in GU 03, but I just got aware of it after GU 04.

Last edited by Falcon_br; 2013-03-19 at 12:20 PM. Reason: To fix grammatical and syntax errors.
Old 2013-03-19, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
VaderDSL
Private

Re: GU 04 new movement ineherety?

There are a couple of things here, I believe in the last patch they changed infantry so they can climb hills better, and there is also the jump/bug thing you speak of, put together it amounts to people adapting, seems you're ahead of the curve and imo there's nothing wrong with that
Old 2013-03-19, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Its a very interesting bug lol.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-19, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Assist
Contributor
Major

The physics change to jumping was in GU03
Old 2013-03-19, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lorak
Private

Here is another where he shows how to jump climb the outside of towers to get in. Even works with a MAX.

Old 2013-03-19, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

Interesting.. this seems bad.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-03-19, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

HA... The first time I noticed this, I hit a little ridge while jumping and it propelled me off the side of the biolab... to my death.

It's a little weird, but with a little practice, can be an advantage.
Old 2013-03-19, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Lorak View Post
Here is another where he shows how to jump climb the outside of towers to get in. Even works with a MAX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InGefM97zdM
That´s the way I do it!

iPad auto correct is really messing with my posts, I will fix the orthography of the main topic now.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion