Really VS? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: badges, we dont need no stinkin badges
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-05-13, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
brickbuster
Private

Really VS?

Today, my outfit was preparing for ops night when we noticed that all of the towers on Amerish were taken by the VS ( I'm a member of the NC Blue Lions outfit). As it turned out, one VS cloaker had spent an hour hacking EVERY tower on the continent, and it took us 15 minutes to hack all of the towers and then kill the cloaker.

I know that on one thread, people stated that they hated the NC the most out of all the factions and that we are "annoying", but at least we don't waste other people's time with this kind of stuff. Please don't annoy people with these types of pranks and actually fight, thank you.
Old 2012-05-13, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Re: Really VS?

People do this on every faction. Got on to see all our towers red the other night. Also, I think its your weapons that get to people, not so much your tactics. However you did blow our gens the other night with a 70 to 30 pop ratio in your favor. That was a little annoying as it was quite fun holding back an onslaught of vastly unfavorable odds,
Old 2012-05-13, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by brickbuster View Post
Today, my outfit was preparing for ops night when we noticed that all of the towers on Amerish were taken by the VS ( I'm a member of the NC Blue Lions outfit). As it turned out, one VS cloaker had spent an hour hacking EVERY tower on the continent, and it took us 15 minutes to hack all of the towers and then kill the cloaker.

I know that on one thread, people stated that they hated the NC the most out of all the factions and that we are "annoying", but at least we don't waste other people's time with this kind of stuff. Please don't annoy people with these types of pranks and actually fight, thank you.
1. It was probably a new guy who thought he was helping the empire by hacking towers. I know I did that when I first started for sure, I just flew my mossy around every continent capping every tower I came across.

2. It's very funny how annoyed you actually got by that. Ironic, actually, since the NC have the biggest track record of blowing the gen ASAP (most annoying thing in the game), whether you outpop us 95% to 5% or it's a very even fight. I even see gens blown on bases you're trying to hack on an empty cont. Really?

/edit Badjuju beat me to this one...
Old 2012-05-13, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
duomaxwl
Captain

Everybody has tactics that get to other people. It's just how the game is. I dislike groups that pull 10 maxes to kill 3 guys, but it's been happening a lot lately. Just gotta roll with the game, man.

Last edited by duomaxwl; 2012-05-14 at 12:03 AM. Reason: edited for poor word usage
Old 2012-05-14, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

This one time, I blew every generator on Ceryshen... with nobody else on cont.

Because I could.
Old 2012-05-14, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Have beef with one guy - call out the entire faction.

Like a boss

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2012-05-14 at 03:57 AM.
Old 2012-05-14, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

I do like how someone from the Blue Lions is complaining about something minor, especially when your outfit just went and drained bases over and over again for no particular reason other then it was annoying.

And yeah, calling out 1 guy who probably doesn't even read these forums. Why u so smart?

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-05-14, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
LightningDriver
Corporal

I know that on one thread, people stated that they hated the NC the most out of all the factions and that we are "annoying", but at least we don't waste other people's time with this kind of stuff.
You gave me permission to call out NC from now on, thank you.
Old 2012-05-14, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Bromaxulon
Private

While I don't care about the towers ( was funny listening on ts as six people tracked down the lone capper) I do care about all this being spread out nonsense.

Seriously pop are too low for this, just spreads us all out. We should just pick a cont and fight over it. Bigger battles / more fun, less positioning for small time advantages.

More importantly we aren't all running around rescuing empty continents that have been back hacked or drained by a couple people. Strategys all fine and good when you have lots of people, but this stuff just gives my trigger finger too much downtime and I'm sure you can all agree ( regardless of affiliation) that this is a bad thing.
Old 2012-05-14, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

On low pop Servers (as PS1 is now) I can see the point of not needing to do this, but PS in it's hayday (6+ years ago) this was the signs of an incoming onslaught and was a valid tactic to keep people busy with towers whilst we take the first base
Old 2012-05-14, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Planetside is about war. War isn't nice. People can do what they want in game and I personally promote it. If they are doing something you don't like, then is probably working. That 1 cloaker could of had a good 20 mins playtime and was happy with his work.

Just remember all side are guilty of the same nuisances in game.

~M
Old 2012-05-15, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

I'm going to log on and drain every NC continent now. Enjoy filling up bases.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-05-15, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Did Blue Lions take a massive population hit? I'm pretty sure there's more Blue Lions than there are towers on Amerish, shouldn't take you all THAT long to hack them back.

Also, that guy probably spent at least 2 hours hacking those, and you took it all back pretty quickly. I don't understand what you're itching about.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2012-05-15, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SteinB
Sergeant

This is one BL member venting personal frustration.

As others have said we all pay to play and may choose our playstyle. Capping towers is a valid tactic as it provides logistics for future operations, masks the start of those operations and distracts the enemy with the task of retaking them.
Old 2012-05-15, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Tcakes
Corporal

Cool Re: Really VS?

Originally Posted by FastAndFree View Post
Have beef with one guy - call out the entire faction.

Like a boss
thug life
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion