Some thoughts on shotguns - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-11, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
paxsonko
Private

Some thoughts on shotguns

So, we have an automatic that reloads slowly, a semi that reloads quickly, and now 2 new semi's that reload at dif speeds and have dif clip sizes. the two new ones are pointless, theres absolutely no reason for them.
my real question is; Where is my pump action shotgun? you know the one that reloads one round at a time and can fire while reloading? stopping power of a train? yeah that one. i want that shotgun.
so where is it? i've been waiting, hoping. i felt there was no way they would release without it, but now this patch hits and the "pump action" is semi auto. i'm extremely disappointed.
Old 2012-11-11, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Avidbrony
Private

Re: Some thoughts on shotguns

Oh god, a pump action shotgun would be amazing. my one problem would be if you could reload so quickly people would spam it and that would be made worse if it was too powerful.
Old 2012-11-11, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ritual
Banned

There are enough near insta gib weapons in PS2, we dont need even more.

How about a shotgun that shoots birdshot so you can hit with splash damage, large spread (lower damage). Would make it a good short range room clearing weapon (can hit multiple enemies). But really a Thumper type weapon would be better.

We need more of those types, not more OMGWTFIJUSTOWNEDHIMWITH ONESHOT weapons.

Last edited by Ritual; 2012-11-11 at 09:34 PM.
Old 2012-11-11, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Avidbrony
Private

Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
There are enough near insta gib weapons in PS2, we dont need even more.

How about a shotgun that shoots birdshot so you can hit with splash damage, large spread (lower damage). Would make it a good short range room clearing weapon (can hit multiple enemies). But really a Thumper type weapon would be better.

We need more of those types, not more OMGWTFIJUSTOWNEDHIMWITH ONESHOT weapons.
How about a shotty that was made for shooting down aircraft, just a little more AA diversity (Not as effective as rokets, but more effective then rifles)
Old 2012-11-12, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Avidbrony View Post
How about a shotty that was made for shooting down aircraft, just a little more AA diversity (Not as effective as rokets, but more effective then rifles)
That idea is way to Redneck for any Empire except for NC.

They can name this shotgun variant "The Surly Porch Rocker", it does extra damage against aircraft that make too much noise.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-11-12, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Avidbrony
Private

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
That idea is way to Redneck for any Empire except for NC.

They can name this shotgun variant "The Surly Porch Rocker", it does extra damage against aircraft that make too much noise.
Don' be callin' us 'mericans redniks just yit!
Old 2012-11-12, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Silveer
Private

Shootguns are good
Old 2012-11-14, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

The shotguns are awesome in this game. I can't help but feel like they will get nerfed when I am using them though.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-11-14, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Beerbeer
Major

Jackhammer ("King of Shotguns"), ironically, is the worst of the bunch by a large margin, at least from what I've tried (and I tried every weapon I could).

I got to almost BR10 in every empire and it's the worst gun of the entire lot, regardless of gun type IMO, let alone coming in dead last in "shotgun" performance. The lasher, as bad as that thing is, is head and shoulders above the JH and the MCG is in an entirely different playing field. The slow ROF, range and damage drop off that seems worse than other shotguns and comical reload time are crippling.

But yeah, the stock shotguns are very nice. My only request, allow us to have a silencer so we can run around a base without showing up on the map when shooting.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion