Gameplay: Gun camera(s). - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Postage Stamp Universe
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-07-20, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
TAA
Staff Sergeant

Re: Gun camera(s).

Originally Posted by Delkaes View Post
Cool idea, quick toshop,i didn't find the tail gunner view :\ but we get the idea.

And why not making it a Cert for squad/outfit leader able to use squad camera ? But its maybe already discuss on another topic :s

Perfect!

Remember to rate the thread.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I had the exact same thought when watching that footage. Of course, there may be technical reasons why it would be problematic. But if possible, I'd love to see it.

While the option of multiple views would be even more awesome, even one camera view would be hugely invaluable. Drivers seeing where a gunner was pointing (with an easy toggle to switch between multiple gunners). Gunners seeing what the driver is looking at could be helpful as well, again as seen in that Liberator footage.

It would also be fantastic for squad leaders to watch what a team mate saw, or for a squad member to see exactly what the squad leader was looking at.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hosp
First Sergeant

I love the idea, but keep it limited to vehicle gunners inherently and a cert possibility for cloakers (maybe LA?) to increase their scouting options.
Old 2012-07-20, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
ParisTeta
Sergeant

Maybe one of the coder can explain how much performance impact that has? Maybe it`s possible not to render it directly but get some kind of small stream from the gunners pc?
Old 2012-07-20, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Trip
Corporal

Glad you like it guys.

as far as performance issues go, could the camera view be rendered in lower(possibly much lower) quality? lower the cameras frame rate sustainability?
im just not sure if something like that is doable from a technical standpoint(i have very little knowledge on the subject), can you have certain graphical settings for one part of a screen and different setting for another? maybe instead of a gun camera it could be for all intents and purposes a "gun slideshow" refreshing every second or two.

the main purpose is to have an idea of how well you have positioned your vehicle in the eyes of the gunner, so if its not an hd stream its not a big deal.
Old 2012-07-20, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

That goes along pretty well with my idea of UI Sidegrades.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=41308

But yeah, players may have to choose between improved UI features and performance, as the extra camera could potentially slow things down.
Old 2012-07-20, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Pinkie Pie
Corporal

awesome idea, both useful and... stuff. lolidunno.
what i DO know, is that i like it. and i like it a lot.
+HUGE support.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault